Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 15--Did you see that?

Mister Dilsby

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Let's play... Global Thermonuclear War... :wink:

"Hi everyone, and welcome back to my let's play of Global Thermonuclear War: Kerbal Edition. Be sure to hit that like button and subscribe to my channel at SuperKenlie110 for more cool vids like this."

I'm sorry, I had to.

On 5/21/2016 at 9:47 PM, Geschosskopf said:

Now that (actually "Nuclear War" and "Nuclear Escalation") is my all-time favorite card game.

Issat so? Continuing on that theme, lemme recommend Twilight Struggle.

Also, 2 years in a big comfy ship isn't that bad. Remember, Kuzzter, you sent these guys to Duna in a single crew cabin!

Edited by Dman979

3 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Also, 2 years in a big comfy ship isn't that bad. Remember, Kuzzter, you sent these guys to Duna in a single crew cabin!

Hmm, in hibernation most of the way, though.

I am excited. Seriously. With Kenlie learning chess this now becomes the space based version of The Hunt for Red October. (Go watch it if you did not do it so far. It is one of Connery's better performances)

Already see the Kerbulans removing the distance safety from their torpedoes...

5 hours ago, something said:

The Hunt for Red October. (Go watch it if you did not do it so far. It is one of Connery's better performances)

Don't watch it for Sean Connery's performance. Watch it because it's a good movie!

I have to wonder what the effect of Kenlie's chess playing will have on poor ǝıןuǝʞ and the other Kerbulans. They'll surely misinterpret what he is doing as making devious plans to outwit them and capture them. This looks like it'll get even more fun as things unfold.

From creating image of well-developed strategic military culture (what Kerbfleet can actually be interpreted as... with some minor interpretation variances) to actually faking preparations for Kerbin-Kerbulus war... Feeding the enemy this kind of misinformation may result in vastly varying reactions.

Just now, KerbalOmmex said:

KV 65 Enterprise...

Quick Google...

CV 65 Enterprise, You made a replica of it!

Sort of... there was no CV-65, but there was a CVN-65. This one is closer in layout and capability to CV-6. I might end up changing the decal to reflect that :) 

31 minutes ago, KerbalOmmex said:

So when is Chapter 10 coming up?

Chapter 10 comes after the Zwischenspiel. Don't ask me when that will be though. 

1 minute ago, Alchemist said:

Admiral Shirley's ship?

Nope. It is not Admiral Shirley's ship. :wink: 

I have a totally random theoretical question. Could most Kerbulan ships survive getting hit by a rather large class D and about 300 tons of cruiser at 250 m/s? Totally theoretical and I totally don't have all this stuff in Minmus orbit waiting to smash them. Totally.

pt1Cjlb.png

RSyYmMI.png

Yes, the carrier actually sails! The twin Goliath engines get it up to almost 50 m/s, which yeah is pretty darn fast for an aircraft carrier. No, I haven't tried launching the plane yet :) 

Edited by Kuzzter
Image correction--surely you can spot the difference?

22 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

~snip~

Yes, the carrier actually sails! The twin Goliath engines get it up to almost 50 m/s, which yeah is pretty darn fast for an aircraft carrier. No, I haven't tried launching the plane yet :) 

Meteorite? Huh. I wonder that that could be.

Also, Kuzzter, I think that you can hide the plume from the Goliath engines if you put them underwater a bit more. I think. I'm not sure, but I do recall reading about that somewhere.

And where is Page 1?

1 minute ago, Dman979 said:

Also, Kuzzter, I think that you can hide the plume from the Goliath engines if you put them underwater a bit more. I think. I'm not sure, but I do recall reading about that somewhere.

And where is Page 1?

Nah, I don't mind the plume. It's a jet-powered carrier. :) 

And whaddaya mean? Do both pages in the update not display for you?