Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 14--Under New Management

Mister Dilsby

14 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

:D:D Sorry if I'm patting myself on the back here, but I can't resist pointing this out: No, I didn't have any of this in mind back when I wrote Eve: Order Zero--but doesn't it put how cooly Wernher handled Mort in a whole new perspective? 

It dovetails beautifully with the story Wernher is telling.  And you deserve a pat or two.  :)

This makes the mystery of Wernher's 'reflection' (assuming he has one) even more intriguing.

And, of course, one has to wonder what could have happened to Gene Kermulan to make him so evil compared to our friendly, dependable Gene.

The Stormbird is beautifully done.  I have a question, though.  Did you land it?

Thanks Kuzzter!

Happy Concerned landings!

23 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

The Stormbird is beautifully done.  I have a question, though.  Did you land it?

Thank you! And yes, I did! In its very first trial I took off, did a nice tight 180 at 1000m, and parked it in the middle of the runway. It's not a bad little plane at all, though it's woefully underpowered for most purposes and doesn't have any 'convenience' features like fuel lines to the wing tanks, or a ladder.

Wernher summarised differences between Kerbals and Kermulans beautifully :) And now, in my headcannon all attempts at weaponisation of KSP take place on Kermulus. Stay on your blasted rock, you scruffy faced militarists. Leave our green oasis of peace and enlightement alone!

2 minutes ago, Scotius said:

Wernher summarised differences between Kerbals and Kermulans beautifully :) And now, in my headcannon all attempts at weaponisation of KSP take place on Kermulus. Stay on your blasted rock, you scruffy faced militarists. Leave our green oasis of peace and enlightement alone!

Headcannons. When you absolutely, positively must weaponise your headcanon. Accept no substitutes. :)

Sorry - couldn't resist the entirely apposite typo!

2 minutes ago, KSK said:

Headcannons. When you absolutely, positively must weaponise your headcanon. Accept no substitutes. :)

Sorry - couldn't resist the entirely apposite typo!

Sorry, it was supposed to be headcanon - alas, english is not my native language. Hence, mistakes :)

That was amazing!

Wonderful fun in that update.  I really like the graphics of the event at the pyramid.

And we have backstory about backstory.  That's so meta.  :)

I also loved the title joke about the thrush.

I am grateful for the effort, thought, energy, time, humour, and intelligence (I could go on) that you put into these, Kuzzter.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Starhawk said:

And we have backstory about backstory.  That's so meta.  :)

I'm so meta, even this acronym.

Anyway, Kuzzter, how many more years back will we go? This is starting to sound like a certain movie involving Marty McFly!

9 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Anyway, Kuzzter, how many more years back will we go? This is starting to sound like a certain movie involving Marty McFly!

As tempting as it would be to write a 37-page exposition of how the first ones/creators/others/whatevers built that statue, as of the last page we are back to the year before year zero and will continue moving forward.

26 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

As tempting as it would be to write a 37-page exposition of how the first ones/creators/others/whatevers built that statue, as of the last page we are back to the year before year zero and will continue moving forward.

Sooo.... Basically what I'm getting after my 3 week holiday is that Werner is doing some sort of war/past/Kerbulus talk?

1 hour ago, RA3236 said:

Sooo.... Basically what I'm getting after my 3 week holiday is that Werner is doing some sort of war/past/Kerbulus talk?

As was hinted at some time ago, Wernher is from Kerbulus.

He is telling Gene (and us) his story including some interesting insights into Kerbulan society.  His story relates in various ways to the story of Wernher von Braun, the real-life rocket scientist on whom the Wernher character is based.

The last segment includes a very exciting tie-in to one of the anomalies found on Kerbin which, of course, opens much more speculative space to wonder about how Kerbin and Kerbulus came to exist as partial mirrors of each other and what other mysteries the unknown past might hold.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Starhawk

Beethoven's symphone No 9...gotta love that. Oh, and a  Deus ex Machina device finally popping up ...

Oh yeah and the German language @Kuzzter is employing here. Really gotta love that. I mean, it is nice and always makes me giggle a bit as it is technically correct but not applied in everyday language (Weltraumfahrzeugträger being the prime example) but I really had to suppress laughter upon reading Fliegenstrudel. Na denn, guten Appetit.

So I guess I must not really be 'dead' (either actually, or in the context of literary theory) because I just went back and made a few changes to this Zweischenspiel:

Pg1: Fixed UFK flag
Pg2: Kerbal Sea Program, and put correct head on Captin Shirley
Pg5: Deleted Gene Kermulan's second right hand (the one not holding a koffee cup)
Pg10: Added Wernher to the VAB scene in response to reader confusion. Not sure who the other kerb is, but it could be the evil version of @Alchemist!

Am now going back into Duna, Ore Bust! to add a scene of Jeb talking to a giant slug-like creature, and to make it look like the negative gravioli detector fires a shot before Lisa does.

23 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Am now going back into Duna, Ore Bust! to add a scene of Jeb talking to a giant slug-like creature, and to make it look like the negative gravioli detector fires a shot before Lisa does.

If you get to sell the franchise to Disney for $8 billion, it will almost be worth it!

14 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Nooooooo ! Jar-Jar Kerman is not real. Lisa shot first

4 hours ago, Laythe Dweller said:

Wait, wasn't Kerbulus supposed to be an inverted land/ocean version of Kerbin? Or did you change it to a mirror-version?

Nope.  It was always a mirror version.

Happy landings!