Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 15--Did you see that?

Mister Dilsby

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Yes, thanks for the heads-up! Fortunately we can take advantage of the fact this is a Weltraumflugshper... er, a spacecraft carrier. I'll likely scout the landing site first with a Gumdrop and/or the rover. That is, unless Jeb or Melbe jumps out an airlock and jetpacks to the surface before I can get the hangar doors open :) 

This config for Kopernicus should fix the broken PQSmod which produces the mountain bug.

@Kopernicus:FOR[Polfix]
{
	@Body[Pol]
	{
		@Template
		{
			removePQSMods = VertexHeightOffset
		}
		@PQS
		{
			Mods
			{
				VertexHeightOffset
				{
					offset = -700
					order = 80
					enabled = True
					name = _Height
					index = 0
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

Paste this into a .cfg somewhere in GameData and that should fix it, though I would recommend probing it before and after. Heck, you might even write that into the story with Bill applying the Kopernicus patch to fix it after a probe goes in an goes smack, then quickloads.

Darn. Juno beat you by 12 hours. I'm going to see how much the Intrepid ends up beating the Creativity!

I'm kinda busy right now, and I'm practicing my aim with Whack-A-Kerbal for the fireworks in my mission report, so your going to beat me by a lot... 

Well hey! You still made it! 

JOOL!!!

On 7/4/2016 at 4:52 AM, Dman979 said:

Exactly, so it's not canon yet. As I said, I want to see Kuzzter's in-story explanation of why that is.

2 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Maybe the power comes from their kPad Tablets, not their own magic powers. 

Have to warn you, this may be one of those things I never explain. It's possible there is no explanation other than "that's the way the game works". Sort of like there being no such thing as n-body physics, and planets 1/10 the size of Earth but with all the gravity. Or how sometimes the characters seem to be aware they exist inside of some kind of narrative framework, and sometimes they don't!

2 hours ago, FlyingPete said:

Also, spotted @Kuzzter's reference to Kirk/Marlena there :D

I knew someone would. :) 

2 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

This config for Kopernicus should fix the broken PQSmod which produces the mountain bug.

Thanks! And yeah, maybe Bill will give a shoutout to the config file, we'll see :) 

55 minutes ago, max_creative said:

JOOL!!!

Yer darn tootin'! So while I didn't explicitly say so before, on reflection this is probably the best place to end Chapter 10. Chapter 11 will start with another probe launch (Which I almost forgot to do since I was so happy about the capture) and will probably end with the attempted landing... on... ...well, on the one I can get to easiest, of course!

Spoiler

POxHFfY.png

Edited by Kuzzter

1 minute ago, FyunchClick said:

Yeah what's that about. @Kuzzter did you stall us with highly amusing interludes just to have an anti-mimetic moment? 

I wish I were that smart! Nope, pure coincidence. The interludes happened either because those stories needed to get told, or because external events prevented me flying the mainline mission, or both :) 

4 hours ago, FlyingPete said:

Don't the Kerbulans use "KBM" devices? :wink:

Called it for me (only recently noticed that myself)

As for Val Kermulan "cheating", perhaps she could always lean back on the defence that she did fight him using her weapon of choice: Bill.

Not in the positon to check how many pages it took but, at last they are here and what an eventful trip it's been.

Eagerly awaiting how things progress from here.

38 minutes ago, AkuAerospace said:

As for Val Kermulan "cheating", perhaps she could always lean back on the defence that she did fight him using her weapon of choice: Bill.

Somehow, I get the feeling that the Kerbulan legal system involves armed combat -- not expertly crafted logical and emotional arguments.

8 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Somehow, I get the feeling that the Kerbulan legal system involves armed combat -- not expertly crafted logical and emotional arguments.

It may actually be this kind of dueling.

And the only reason for this legal system to exist is to avoid mass combat over any disagreement.

5 hours ago, Alchemist said:

And the only reason for this legal system to exist is to avoid mass combat over any disagreement

That is, indeed, the only reason for a significant part of the legal system.  The reason for the rest of it is to oppress the people :)

1 minute ago, Kuzzter said:

<Awesome stuff>

I like how your 'simulations' are in Bill Space Program.  I really need to make a BSP logo. :wink: 

Just now, Dman979 said:

146km, eh? I'll have to remember this... if I ever get to Jool.

Well, that was from the Intrepid's position and velocity at Jooldiver launch--your kilometrage may vary. 

6 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

I like how your 'simulations' are in Bill Space Program.  I really need to make a BSP logo. :wink: 

You can use mine if you like, with Bill's compliments :)

HxplPKl.png

There's a mod for that...

The basic idea of this mod is to do "simulations" of passages through atmosphere, and display a modified trajectory or impact point. It works pretty well for Kerbin landings, if you do the settings right and hold the "agreed upon" attitude. Trying it for Jool aerobraking might be worth a try...

*whiff!* F9 *KA-BLAM!* F9 *whiff!* F9 *KA-BLAM!* F9 *whiff!* F9 *KA-BLAM!* F9 *FLOOP!*

That was so funny!  I know that feeling extremely well.

I'm sure the Jooldiver will perform beautifully.  Especially since Sarge did the 'programming'.  :) 

Happy landings!