Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

1 hour ago, insert_name said:

I'm pretty sure that the kerbulans have knowledge of orbital mechanics. Otherwise how could they get to jool and then rendezvous with the commsat?

Kraken drives! :cool:

15 hours ago, insert_name said:

I'm pretty sure that the kerbulans have knowledge of orbital mechanics. Otherwise how could they get to jool and then rendezvous with the commsat?

Oh, they know orbital mechanics, that's simply equations and algebra. But they don't like it. They much prefer the murderdeath and explosions as a tool - so they will never use it with the creativity needed to defeat a seasoned space program. In that split second of low Laythe orbit, their rejection of science shall betray them and their defeat of curiosity will come to bite them.

20 hours ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

I was thinking maybe one of the boats will have undocked and survive. Maybe the Qwammer? Or maybe the Dres cruiser will fast transfer to Jool and pick them up. Crew capacity and life support strain might disallow this though...

Mention of Dres will now cause @max_creative and @SpaceplaneAddict to cover the thread in all caps.

Mm? Dres? That's nice.

Anyway, were we discussing escape plans for the Kerbfleet Jool Crew?

29 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Anyway, were we discussing escape plans for the Kerbfleet Jool Crew?

Yeah. Anyone have ideas? 

Idea: Problems:
Take their fuel Space is international waters. So you can't leave them with no fuel.
Blow them up! With what?
Missiles! They only have probes and boats.
Sneak in using the gumdrops and take over their ship! Space pirates!
Leave behind the Intrepid and try to get to the nearest ship to get away! Val gets left behind.
Land a gumdrop on Bop, then sneak away! General order 0. Someone would get left on Bop.
RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! Not completing the mission...

Ok, this might be a problem. You had that old cranefly from a long time ago! Maybe he has a Dres asteroid ship that's close to Jool! All they would have to do is go EVA for about 2 years... 

3 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Mm? Dres? That's nice.

3 hours ago, max_creative said:

Solution: Take their fuel Problem: Space is international waters. So you can't leave them with no fuel.

So I was wrong about the allcaps, but right about everything else. I want to do a Dres mission now, just to entertain these.

Edited by greenTurtle1134
Added another thought.

16 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

So I was wrong about the alpacas, but right about everything else. I want to do a Dres mission now, just to entertain these.

SURE! THESE MISSILES RIGHT HERE REALLY NEED SOME EXPLOSIVE ENTERTAINMENT! WOULD YOU LIKE TO ENTERTAIN THEM? YOUR WRONG ABOUT THE ALL CAPS!

13 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Now that's not very nice. Not very nice at all.

I agree. Not nice at all

16 minutes ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

these

Definitely not nice. ;.;

Edited by max_creative
Not nice.

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Now that's not very nice. Not very nice at all.

I'm sorry about that, really. Regret saying that. I did just mean you had arrived on the thread.

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

not nice.

My sincerest apologies, seriously

57 minutes ago, max_creative said:

I agree. Not nice at all

sorry.

58 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Definitely not nice. ;.;

Sorry.

For the record, I do not hate Dres, I support Dres love. In case you are wondering.

59 minutes ago, max_creative said:

YOUR WRONG ABOUT THE ALL CAPS!

This I concede.

59 minutes ago, max_creative said:

SURE

So close to triggering the Admiral Shirley thing!

Guys, you know how sometimes the discussion on a thread gets out of hand and a moderator has to come in and ask everyone to stick to the topic? This is one of those times.

Some of you have also already been asked not to bring the Dres thing in here, so please don't do that again.

3 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Anyway, what's our brilliant author up to I wonder?

If his experience was anything like mine...

A) Being very thankful for the advent of digital photography, so that he didn't need to buy, transport and process about a billion rolls of film

B) Wishing he had a 32 Terabyte memory card

C) Spending days looking over all the pictures he did manage to cram onto the memory cards at hand

D) Trying to figure out the order in which the subjects of those pictures become Kerbal ships

E) Planning his return trip

Edited by Torgo

2 hours ago, Torgo said:

If his experience was anything like mine...

A) Being very thankful for the advent of digital photography, so that he didn't need to buy, transport and process about a billion rolls of film

B) Wishing he had a 32 Terabyte memory card

C) Spending days looking over all the pictures he did manage to cram onto the memory cards at hand

D) Trying to figure out the order in which the subjects of those pictures become Kerbal ships

E) Planning his return trip

You're not far off--and add to that, F) catching up on the job they actually pay me for, after a few days away :) 

But here's something else for the KSP fan to appreciate; the sidewalk outside Air&Space features a scale model of our Solar System! That's @Nimzo Kerman and his sister standing with the inner planets. Jupiter and the others are several more tour bus lengths down the road. You can see the size of the sun in the model; the gas giants are about the size of marbles, and Earth is just a coarse grain of sand. Each planet's plaque includes that planet as well as its major moons, with orbits to scale.

rzBFn9N.png

3 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

But here's something else for the KSP fan to appreciate; the sidewalk outside Air&Space features a scale model of our Solar System!

I've been in, out, and all around that corner of the District and never once noticed that setup. Next time I'm in town I'll have to remember to check out the Mall-side of the museum. Neat find! 

6 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

You're not far off--and add to that, F) catching up on the job they actually pay me for, after a few days away :) 

But here's something else for the KSP fan to appreciate; the sidewalk outside Air&Space features a scale model of our Solar System! That's @Nimzo Kerman and his sister standing with the inner planets. Jupiter and the others are several more tour bus lengths down the road. You can see the size of the sun in the model; the gas giants are about the size of marbles, and Earth is just a coarse grain of sand. Each planet's plaque includes that planet as well as its major moons, with orbits to scale.

I look awesome! Just went to library of congress!:funds::0.0::funds:

Edited by Nimzo

Better late than never:

Welcome to "Kuzz jr", alias "Mini-Kuzz" (Austin Power style :P), alias "Nimzo Kerman", alias "Kuzzter's son" on the forum. ^_^

... now back to the post:

@Kuzzter: how will you handle the porting on KSP 1.2? Are you going to do it later, when all of your mods will be updated? (I take a look to new USI-LS balancement, and now kerbals eat a lot less... will your Intrepid be able to "communicate" to home thru the new radio network??? have you tried some tests???)

10 hours ago, Araym said:

Better late than never:

Welcome to "Kuzz jr", alias "Mini-Kuzz" (Austin Power style :P), alias "Nimzo Kerman", alias "Kuzzter's son" on the forum. ^_^

... now back to the post:

@Kuzzter: how will you handle the porting on KSP 1.2? Are you going to do it later, when all of your mods will be updated? (I take a look to new USI-LS balancement, and now kerbals eat a lot less... will your Intrepid be able to "communicate" to home thru the new radio network??? have you tried some tests???)

The USI mods have save-breaking changes as part of the transition to 1.2, so I do not think it is possible for him to upgrade unless he hyper-edits the Intrpeid home, recovers it, creates a new Intrepid with the same crew and resource levels, then hyper-edits it back to where it was.  Probably not worth the effort.

6 minutes ago, Terwin said:

The USI mods have save-breaking changes as part of the transition to 1.2, so I do not think it is possible for him to upgrade unless he hyper-edits the Intrpeid home, recovers it, creates a new Intrepid with the same crew and resource levels, then hyper-edits it back to where it was.  Probably not worth the effort.

As I noted the same for me (I think I'll keep my 1.1.3 too, just for the sake to not let AGAIN another career in half), I was just wondering...
... as an avid fan of Kuzzter's comics, I probably could not keep the idea of a LONG iatus of his creation to resolve the problem :P