Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 15--Did you see that?

Mister Dilsby

Well you're not the only one who missed it @Dman979, I did so too. Anyway, the Dilsby twitter account is an awesome idea @Kuzzter, kind of reminds me of the Philae/Rosetta/Curiosity/etc. accounts that are out there. I didn't even know Dilsby is into Earth politics enough to actually comment on Donald Trump tweets. Just not sure what the latter will do when he finds out little green man are talking to him on Twitter. 

1 hour ago, Flow said:

I didn't even know Dilsby is into Earth politics enough to actually comment on Donald Trump tweets. Just not sure what the latter will do when he finds out little green man are talking to him on Twitter. 

Well, we're not going to discuss politics on the Forum of course...but yeah, if I can ever bait DJT into a Twitter war with a Kerbal, I think I will have won the Internet forever :) 

Kerbals are obviously illegal immigrants. I mean, come on, they are breaching the fourth wall constantly. Anyway, back to Kerbfleet. Hope 1.2 won't mess up Intrepid too badly. Did you use KJR back when you built it?

Actually saw the account earlier today but didn't gave it a detailed look. Thought some #KSP player might have taken a little too much inspiration from the game concerning the name selection. Now that I saw it in this topic I was like 'what*'. Nice idea.

*Seems like the t and the f of w and t,f didn't make through censorship in this forum. Why? F means Fourier transformation, obviously...

Edited by something

You know what? Since this is such a significant development and it's early in the day, I'm going to have pity on @max_creative and make a transcript.

ISS DESPAIR, BRIDGE:

EVIL BOB: Commander! Jeb’s plan is doomed to failure! His stupidity in suggesting it is matched only by his--
EVIL JEB: I know you are but what am I?
EVIL BOB: Quiet, Jeb. The smart kerbs are talking now.
EVIL BOB: My point exactly. Now, as I was saying--
EVIL BOB: Stop that.
EVIL BOB: Well, I know you are but what am I, huh Jeb? How about that?
EVIL JEB: I know you are but what am I? I know you are but what am I? Infinity! Infinity!
EVIL VAL: Oh, for [BZZT!] sake shut it! Both of you!

new page

EVIL VAL: I've made my decision! Jeb’s fighters will intercept Intrepid at the Strange Moon--
EVIL JEB: Yes! In your face, Bob!
EVIL VAL: --two ships, reconnaissance only. Jebediah will remain here, on the Despair.
EVIL JEB: What? Aw, c'mon, Val!
EVIL VAL: You heard me! They will stay bloaked and they will not engage without my direct order! Bill will monitor them closely to ensure obedience!
EVIL BILL: Ohhhh, yeah…obedience…
EVIL VAL: We will watch…wait until Intrepid is at her most vulnerable…and then we will strike!
JUST JIM: (off panel) Dun, dun, DUNNNNNNNNN!

Edited by Kuzzter

No you didn't, Kuzzter made the transcript! :P

Really looking forward to the recon flights by fighter pilots. I feel like they'll be hard to control.

Also, this means that the ShowdownTM will be at Lathe and Jool. It will probably be over how to pronounce it!

And we STILL haven't met the Ghost yet. That makes me more scared than having jumpy fighter pilots in charge of recon.

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

Monkey Island really was a fantastic game. Nice to see that @Kuzzter appreciated the unique combat mechanic.

Well, that's one I had to look up--never was much into text games. But now that I've researched @Deddly's reference, I can't resist going with it all the way. So I've thrown out my original plan and will have the climactic final showdown be all like...

JEB KERMULAN: Pathetic! You fight like a kow!
JEB KEMAN: Um...kows don't fight, dude, they're really pretty docile.
KENLIE KERMAN: No, Jeb! To win, your comebacks have to rhyme with his insults!
JEB KERMAN: Oh, OK--got it! Rhymes! Umm... anybody want a peanut?
KSS INTREPID: *explodes* (everyone dies)

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

And we STILL haven't met the Ghost yet. That makes me more scared than having jumpy fighter pilots in charge of recon.

You should be. The Ghost is coming... soonTM.

17 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

JEB KERMULAN: Pathetic! You fight like a kow!
JEB KEMAN: Um...kows don't fight, dude, they're really pretty docile.
KENLIE KERMAN: No, Jeb! To win, your comebacks have to rhyme with his insults!
JEB KERMAN: Oh, OK--got it! Rhymes! Umm... anybody want a peanut?
KSS INTREPID: *explodes* (everyone dies)

I have to say, that seems a little out of place for Jeb, not in keeping with his character at all. Remember, this is the same guy who quoted/wrote poetry while flying on Duna, at night, and who recited Shakeskerb while 40 m up in the air, holding on to a metal pole with his bare hands!

1 minute ago, Dman979 said:

I have to say, that seems a little out of place for Jeb, not in keeping with his character at all. Remember, this is the same guy who quoted/wrote poetry while flying on Duna, at night, and who recited Shakeskerb while 40 m up in the air, holding on to a metal pole with his bare hands!

You could not be more wrong. He was wearing space gloves.

31 minutes ago, Emperor of the Titan Squid said:

How many different classes of fighters are there on the despair?

None. Kerbulan warriors are expected to have completed all relevant combat school coursework before reporting for duty. Failure to do so--

Oh--classes of fighters--sorry, can't answer that. If you look at the back issues you'll see everything I've shown so far, and can draw your own conclusions :) 

9 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

None. Kerbulan warriors are expected to have completed all relevant combat school coursework before reporting for duty. Failure to do so--

Yes, but even the best warriors can learn from their enemy.