Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 15--Did you see that?

Mister Dilsby

19 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Poor little evil dude, I actually feel sorry for him now :( 

Is this the first named character casualty in kerbfleetverse? I can't remember if the kermulans had already offed any other named characters (not counting mechanical ones).

1 minute ago, FyunchClick said:

Is this the first named character casualty in kerbfleetverse? I can't remember if the kermulans had already offed any other named characters (not counting mechanical ones).

Well, there's dead Shirley.

19 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Yeah, I was a little worried about 2.2c (gore) when I did that one. But if you look closely at the next scene, you can see there's still a bit of a stain on the bottom :) 

Where's the koffee mug?

2 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Now, how I got the rover down there is the really interesting part :D 

As somebody who once landed on Minmus horizontally with half the orbital speed (My SSTO plane ran out of fuel halfway during landing), I testify that suborbital drop of wheeled vehicle may be quite feasible on a moon of this size

14 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

As somebody who once landed on Minmus horizontally with half the orbital speed (My SSTO plane ran out of fuel halfway during landing), I testify that suborbital drop of wheeled vehicle may be quite feasible on a moon of this size

Quite so--however, while the rover does have thrusters, it only carries 80 units of monopropellant. I haven't calculated whether that's enough to get its mass down to the surface and back to orbit again, but I will say that that's not how it got down :) 

48 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Teaser!

Reveal hidden contents

tzuohML.png

Sarge and Nimzo zoom up a hill on Bop's Ridges--so far, a very fun place to drive a rover! Now, how I got the rover down there is the really interesting part :D 

Bop? But... The Kraken will EAT THEM ALIVE!!! Oh, I know how to stop that... EDGAS!?!?

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

Quite so--however, while the rover does have thrusters, it only carries 80 units of monopropellant. I haven't calculated whether that's enough to get its mass down to the surface and back to orbit again, but I will say that that's not how it got down :) 

If the rover did not deorbit under it's own power, it must have been deorbited under another ship's power.

Intrepid towed it down?

59 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Next theory- something something 68o 25' 48" N 117o 1" 48" E.

Not if we take Kuzzter literally:

6 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Now, how I got the rover down there is the really interesting part :D 

(emphasis by me) But I would definitely love if you were right with this theory.

Maybe one of the gumdrops doubled as a skycrane? There are docking ports on both vehicles...

10 minutes ago, Chemp said:

(emphasis by me) But I would definitely love if you were right with this theory.

Me, too! But that's not how I think it got down there. I'm wondering if the rover might run into something... unexpected... near there.

7 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Sarge and Nimzo zoom up a hill on Bop's Ridges--so far, a very fun place to drive a rover! Now, how I got the rover down there is the really interesting part :D 

Did you dock the rover to Qwammer after you undocked Quammer from Intrepid?

1 hour ago, Wildcat111 said:

Did you dock the rover to Qwammer after you undocked Quammer from Intrepid?

We have a winner! But maybe not in the way you imagined...

JYi8ldP.png

Tk9olIe.png

kipOSpP.png

As I post this, @Nimzo Kerman is next to me flying planes with too many engines at very low altitudes. There's a Kuzzter Kerman in his 1.2 save (dressed as a fleet Admiral, of course!), who I am informed will meet a horrible fate if anything happens to Enzin Nimzo on Bop. Well, we'll just have to see about that :wink: