Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 14--Under New Management

Mister Dilsby

16 minutes ago, max_creative said:

It's the Kraken! Live Krakens are invisible and love to attack spacecraft. They live in the Jool system and they lay Kraken eggs on Bop. RUN AWAY! 

Or it's just a pile of dirt left over from the Kraken vs. Dres war. GUS! WALT! I TOLD YOU GUYS TO GET RID OF IT! 

Walt: But it's April fools! 

IT'S NOT APRIL FOOLS YET! 

Walt: Oops... 

I remember the April fools day egg... 

But it's November, so this time I'm a little scared... lol...

11 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

More pages coming, but I want to give @Geschosskopf a chance to catch up. Looks like he's still back on Tylo.

I'm actually all caught up.  I just ran out of likes at that point.  So many stories to catch up on, you know.  So bring on the *SRNTT*

4 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

A Kraken egg? Oooooh..

No, it's Val's egg.  She laid one back in April IIRC :D

3 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

I wonder if the baby Kraken that will inevitably hatch will become the crew's pet?

And I wonder il that baby Kraken will then become the Deus ex Machina that causes Kermulan fall...

Great story, great comic !

Un "connoisseur" de France

Poor Nimzo.  I hope after the F9 he won't remember anything.

I can't help but commiserate with you and I understand why you feel like crashing Intrepid.  I'm glad to read that the show still goes on.  Remember, there is still sanity in both the real world and in the Kerbalverse.

Happy Dismayed landings!

12 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Poor Nimzo.  I hope after the F9 he won't remember anything.

Well, here's the crazy thing: I really did need that F9. Nimzo's pose in the first panel of the last page was one I made in Animation Suite. The plan was to have him get discombobulated, then snap back together and go ragdoll. They were going to bring him up to the ship and I had all kinds of great jokes planned.

So after I took the shot for that first panel I enabled Nimzo's jetpack and rammed him into the Kraken. The idea was for him to bounce off, stunned, and then I'd get the screenshot I wanted of him lying on the ground.

Bad idea. That second panel is for real! Nimzo spun wildly, stretching in every direction and shooting away from the surface. When he was about 14km above Qwammer he started coming down--fast--still glitching. I pressed F9 and held it, not actually knowing when the last save point was--or whether there was one at all!

I guess we'll all find out together, next page. Moral of the story: do NOT tempt the Kraken! :) 

Edited by Kuzzter

1 minute ago, Kuzzter said:

Moral of the story: do NOT tempt the Kraken!

Now that is hilarious!  I thought they fixed the spaghettified Kerbal bug during pre-release, but it turns out the Kraken, though dead, still harboured that arcane power.

Now you've got me quite looking forward to the next update.

Happy landings!

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

I guess we'll all find out together, next page. Moral of the story: do NOT tempt the Kraken! :)

Oh wow :)  Can't say much that ain't already been said.  Poor Nimzo.  But of course, this is just part of The Kraken's Evil Plan, to pick off both the Kerbals and Kermulians one by one.  Will any survive horror-hauntedTM Jool?