Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 15--Did you see that?

Mister Dilsby

3 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Well, here's the crazy thing: I really did need that F9. Nimzo's pose in the first panel of the last page was one I made in Texture Replacer. The plan was to have him get discombobulated, then snap back together and go ragdoll. They were going to bring him up to the ship and I had all kinds of great jokes planned.

So after I took the shot for that first panel I enabled Nimzo's jetpack and rammed him into the Kraken. The idea was for him to bounce off, stunned, and then I'd get the screenshot I wanted of him lying on the ground.

Bad idea. That second panel is for real! Nimzo spun wildly, stretching in every direction and shooting away from the surface. When he was about 14km above Qwammer he started coming down--fast--still glitching. I pressed F9 and held it, not actually knowing when the last save point was--or whether there was one at all!

I guess we'll all find out together, next page. Moral of the story: do NOT tempt the Kraken! :) 

Sorry if this has been addressed before but what kind of memories are retained when F9 is used?  Wouldn't want to end up in a permanent time loop, unless Kraken events are random between timelines.  I'm assuming the hitter of F9 is the one who retains some memory, possibly his mirror as well?

7 minutes ago, Drethon said:

Sorry if this has been addressed before but what kind of memories are retained when F9 is used?  Wouldn't want to end up in a permanent time loop, unless Kraken events are random between timelines.  I'm assuming the hitter of F9 is the one who retains some memory, possibly his mirror as well?

I wonder if Bill 'Ulan feels a little funny every time the Glorious F9 Key is pressed... Maybe he's just used to random bouts of dejà vu.

18 hours ago, Drethon said:

Here are all the clues there are, from the time it happened in Order Zero:

Spoiler

0sNgBHH.png

VjtSq7r.png

tDsaB4N.png

Gregmore (who?) didn't seem to notice he'd repeated his lines, and no one else seemed to have any memory of the event. Despite not having noticed anything, Looty Dilsby stuck up for his engineer and insisted that Gene adopt Clauselle's protocol of making sure each ship was "actively tracked" by KSC as it crossed the SOI boundary.

Edited by Kuzzter

11 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Gregmore (who?) didn't seem to notice he'd repeated his lines, and no one else seemed to have any memory of the event. Despite not having noticed anything, Looty Dilsby stuck up for his engineer and insisted that Gene adopt Clauselle's protocol of making sure each ship was "actively tracked" by KSC as it crossed the SOI boundary

In light of this, I am inclined to believe there's more going on than just a rewind. Perhaps there's some subconsious cues that they've done this before.

29 minutes ago, rlin said:

Also, what is the physics of an F9?

I'm no physicist, but it seems to me an F9 would be similar to a small temporal loop, where one finds themselves thrown back a few minutes or hours in time, with no memory of what or how it happened.  :confused:

17 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I'm no physicist, but it seems to me an F9 would be similar to a small temporal loop, where one finds themselves thrown back a few minutes or hours in time, with no memory of what or how it happened.  :confused:

According to some physicists, whenever there's a choice of multiple things happening, they ALL actually happen, each in its own parallel universe.  IOW, the answer to every question is "all of the above" :D.  But anyway, to me, F9 is just going back to before the choice was made so you can end up in one of the universes where another answer is in force.

This has very interesting theological consequences, BTW.  Whenever you decide to do something good or evil, you create a clone of yourself that did the other thing.  You go through life creating an army of clones evenly split between good and evil, and every shade between.  But they are all just as much  "you" as you are.  Thus, when you all end up dying, how do the deities sort out which version of the afterlife to give you?

Thanks Kuzzter!

Bill is so smart!  And he retains his memories after an F9!

Now, about Kerbfleet's quarantine protocols and biohazard procedures.  They seem to be lacking in certain areas.  I really hope there is no analogue of the 'Alien' films in the Kerbfleet universe.

I must say that last panel certainly does give me...

Happy Concerned Nervous Dread-filled landings!

On 11/7/2016 at 6:12 PM, StupidAndy said:

Well i cant blame you for going to the kraken....

maybe the egg is a kraken egg, an the thing that attacked the kerbulan....oh my kod

THERES MULTIPLE KRAKENS! :0.0:

I WAS (kind of) RIGHT

IT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE KRAKEN!

1 hour ago, max_creative said:

What is likely to happen: 

AAAAAAA HELP! IT'S AN EGG! IT HATCHING!!! IT'S TRY TO EAT US!!! NOOOOOO 

What is not likely to happen: 

Awwww... It's so cute! I'm going name you Kuzz Jr Jr and we will be best friends! Yay!

I strongly suspect there will be mommy-type feelings related to that egg.

Either the baby-kraken imprints on the Intrepid/one of the crew(potentially doing very bad things to anyone who tries to hurt them), or the mommy of the egg comes looking for her egg/baby.  Possibly both...

I actually think that Bob does not remember, at least not fully.  After all, he was not sure how he got inside, then he must have realized that there was an F9, so he called off any sort of shenanigans and left ASAP.

To @Kuzzter...

A post by you that inspired me...

So, I've been binge reading for 2 hrs... I'm on Chapter 12... and quite honestly, this might be better than your other graphic novels. Maybe I was wrong; but still, I've got a few more chapters to read through until I can make a completely fair judgement; and with how good these chapters are coming out to be, I'm most likely going to binge-read the rest of the story up 'till now in the very near future. Rain Out.