Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

34 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

It actually made me quite happy to see your progress through the back issues, while I was laying out the next pages...which I did NOT get to finish this weekend, as I had a great deal of "homework" from the day job. :( 

It's OK, we all know real life job stuff has to come first... :wink:

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

It actually made me quite happy to see your progress through the back issues, while I was laying out the next pages...which I did NOT get to finish this weekend, as I had a great deal of "homework" from the day job. :( 

Glad it gave you some happiness, then.  I restrained myself from liking every page... but there are so many that are so good...  Not that you haven't heard that a thousand times before (15,063 times, at this writing). :o

Anyway, there's no new way to say it, but: thanks and we look forward to what comes next!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear readers, I have not abandoned you (yet), but I don't anticipate any more updates before April. Working to a deadline on something that requires all my attention until then. I can see some other folks reading the back issues in the meantime and I really do appreciate that--thank you :) 

55 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Dear readers, I have not abandoned you (yet), but I don't anticipate any more updates before April

I envy you.  You obviously make so much money that doing your taxes is a major chore.  And I salute you for obviously not working for the Infernal RS as their work only begins after April :) 

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

I envy you.  You obviously make so much money that doing your taxes is a major chore.  And I salute you for obviously not working for the Infernal RS as their work only begins after April :) 

Well, you're part right in that the thing I'm working on will be submitted to the US government... just a different Department. 

On 2/17/2018 at 7:03 PM, Kuzzter said:

Dear readers, I have not abandoned you (yet), but I don't anticipate any more updates before April.  :) 

Implies mass kill off of characters?  Check.

Schedule Slip?  Check.

This really is Game of Thrones for KSP.

And it is good, and I eagerly await the next installment.

6 hours ago, Dman979 said:

That's awesome! I'm sure he knew who you were right away by your hat!

@Dman979 is far more tactful than I.  I would have said that the green head was the dead giveaway.  :P

Anyway, the story comes when it comes.  Just be certain to pop in every now and again and wave your cavalry hat to remind us you're still around, if you can.  I don't know how many of the supremely dedicated mod maintainers read this (I love your work, by the by, @linuxgurugamer--you keep KSP alive for a lot of people), but I think we can all agree that Community Kerbfleet Continued Redux is something we'd like to avoid.

2 minutes ago, Zhetaan said:

@Dman979 is far more tactful than I.  I would have said that the green head was the dead giveaway.  :P

Anyway, the story comes when it comes.  Just be certain to pop in every now and again and wave your cavalry hat to remind us you're still around, if you can.  I don't know how many of the supremely dedicated mod maintainers read this (I love your work, by the by, @linuxgurugamer--you keep KSP alive for a lot of people), but I think we can all agree that Community Kerbfleet Continued Redux is something we'd like to avoid.

LOL.  I'll be in there on Thursday helping out

On 2/20/2018 at 1:37 AM, Dman979 said:

That's awesome! I'm sure he knew who you were right away by your hat!

Well the way it went down was I was over looking at part of the shuttle Enterprise exhibit, and @Nimzo Kerman noticed the VAB on a monitor. We walked over and found@DasValdez setting up for a Kerbal Space Academy presentation. I said, "We're KSP players!" 

Das: "Cool!"
Me: "So... you ever go to the Forums?"
Das: "Sure!"
Me: "Well...I'm @Kuzzter!"
Das: "... who?"

Lol...but he asked on his live stream if anyone had heard of Kerbfleet and a few had, and was all around really cool and gave the kids some mission patches :) 

That's cool. I don't think I ever met anyone who ever played KSP let alone livestreams it.

@Kuzzter, thanks for keeping this going. I do enjoy reading a story with the confidence that the writer intends to finish what he started, and it has been a fantastic story all the way. Looking forward to the next update in a few months :).

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2018 at 3:28 PM, Deddly said:

I don't think I ever met anyone who ever played KSP

In our school it was a craze of the nerds (Including me) a few years back. We started shortly before 1.0 came out I think. Now I know like 5 people who've played it, but I'm the only one to ever go beyond the Kerbin SOI...

On 2/17/2018 at 8:03 PM, Kuzzter said:

Dear readers, I have not abandoned you (yet), but I don't anticipate any more updates before April. Working to a deadline on something that requires all my attention until then. I can see some other folks reading the back issues in the meantime and I really do appreciate that--thank you :) 

April is already over... You didn't wave your hat around for quite some time...

What happened to you Kuzzter!

Edited by superstrijder15

20 minutes ago, superstrijder15 said:

In our school it was a craze of the nerds (Including me) a few years back. We started shortly before 1.0 came out I think. Now I know like 5 people who've played it, but I'm the only one to ever go beyond the Kerbin SOI...

April is already over... You didn't wave your hat around for quite some time...

Last visited - 7 hours ago.

And trust me, I know, the general rule when it comes to writing is delays.

And we're all space geeks, we should be used to them, right? *dies inside(

2 hours ago, superstrijder15 said:

Similar with me, except it was never a craze. I'm among 4-5 people who play it.

2 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

Similar with me, except it was never a craze. I'm among 4-5 people who play it.

Yeah, craze may be saying a bit much. But if from your circle of like 4 friends, 4 go play a game, that seems like a lot. I have a lot of fond moments of playing at school too. That day I just docked a bunch of stuff on weird trajectories while exam year students had taken the physics teacher was awesome.

On 4/30/2018 at 3:15 PM, superstrijder15 said:

I'm around, have not found time to play or write :) 

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Currently, my favourite KSP fan-fics are this, Emiko by @Just Jim and Kerny's Journal by @adsii1970 

Oh hey, thank you!  Being listed next to both my good friends @Kuzzter and @adsii1970 is always a huge honor!!!  :D

On 5/2/2018 at 9:28 AM, Kuzzter said:

I'm around, have not found time to play or write :) 

We understand, real life has to come first. I haven't had a lot of time lately to get much done either, but for entirely different reasons.

Just glad you're still around, and chiming in when you can. :)