Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 14--Under New Management

Mister Dilsby

52 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh hey, thank you!  Being listed next to both my good friends @Kuzzter and @adsii1970 is always a huge honor!!!  :D

You’re welcome :D As always, looking forward to your next chapter!

What I love about all of these fanfics is that they’re all set in the same game about space yet their characters and storylines manage to be totally different. I’ve seen a few which never even left Kerbin’s atmosphere (can’t remember their names though)

51 minutes ago, roboslacker said:

Have you read Shadows/Whispers/Revelations of the Kraken by @CatastrophicFailure yet?

I haven’t!!!! I have read a bit from the start of Shadows of the Kraken though and it looks really good :)

Everyone, keep it up!!!!!

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

You’re welcome :D As always, looking forward to your next chapter!

What I love about all of these fanfics is that they’re all set in the same game about space yet their characters and storylines manage to be totally different. I’ve seen a few which never even left Kerbin’s atmosphere (can’t remember their names though)

I haven’t!!!! I have read a bit from the start of Shadows of the Kraken though and it looks really good :)

If you like these fanfics, try a Youtube series!

I present to you... Kethane station!

19 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

If you like these fanfics, try a Youtube series!

I present to you... Kethane station!

Sadly, that one seems to have been discontinued. I have followed it for a while, but it seemed not to get anything new :(

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

You are aware @Kuzzter also has two prequels to this, aren't you? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

9kDEVe2.jpg

It took me more than a little while to remember how to do all this stuff...and if you've forgotten anything, or are seeing this for the first time and have no idea what the mulch is going on, links to the rest of the chapter (and the 19 that came before it) are in the OP :) 

Edited by Kuzzter

25 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

It took me more than a little while to remember how to do all this stuff...and if you've forgotten anything, or are seeing this for the first time and have no idea what the mulch is going on, links to the rest of the chapter (and the 19 that came before it) are in the OP :) 

He's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!! 

And, first post since he's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

54 minutes ago, KSK said:

Something, something, gun to a knife fight, something something...

I suppose one could also define this as a "mexikerb standoff"--that situation where person "A" has a ranged weapon with a single shot, preventing any individual member of group "B" (armed with melee weapons) from attacking because they don't want to be the one who gets it. However--

46 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

That better not be a paintball gun. I'd be tremendously disappointed.

--that crudely drawn Powerpoint object in Kenlie's hand is the "thingie" that Newdun Kermulan dropped back in Chapter 19 when Sarge blasted him into Laythe orbit with a fire extinguisher. I think it's safe to assume it to be a standard-issue Kerbulan sidearm, quite capable of making holes in kerbs and other objects, and that it holds more than two shots. Thus,

19 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry kenlie;.;.

We've finally reached the point of decision: can Kerbals use violence to save themselves? And will they? In other words--as Sean "never bring a knife to a gunfight" Connery also said in The Untouchables-- "what are [they] prepared to do?"

It's so great to be reading Kerbfleet again. I've really missed this. Thanks for sticking with it all this time, Kuzzter! I just know you have the stickability to see it through to the end.

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

We've finally reached the point of decision: can Kerbals use violence to save themselves? And will they? In other words--as Sean "never bring a knife to a gunfight" Connery also said in The Untouchables-- "what are [they] prepared to do?"

"Don't [BLEEP!] with the Culture Kerbals"

You might call them soft, because they’re very reluctant to kill, and they might agree with you, but they’re soft the way the ocean is soft, and, well; ask any sea captain how harmless and puny the ocean can be

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

But this is the first thing that came to mind when I read that last installment

Gaaaah... as much of an iconic moment as that is, I have had WAY too many people bring it up to me on finding out that I'm a swordsman and martial artist... then again, no one who's ever mentioned that scene to me has ever actually had a pistol on them at that moment, and I have always had my hands ;) 

5 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Gaaaah... as much of an iconic moment as that is, I have had WAY too many people bring it up to me on finding out that I'm a swordsman and martial artist... then again, no one who's ever mentioned that scene to me has ever actually had a pistol on them at that moment, and I have always had my hands ;) 

Oh, I hear ya. My step-brother is an instructor... not positive what form he's currently teaching. But even if someone had a gun, and my brother was completely unarmed, the fool with the gun better be able to draw it damn fast, and drop him with the very first shot, because that will be the only chance they get.