Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

Just now, max_creative said:

Cool! I can see then K&K stuff, the two gumdrops, the plane, the "turbo lifts" and the inside!

WHOO 1.1 INTREPID!!!

:D:D:D Still have to get Kopernicus/Kerbulus and EVE working, also tweak some settings on Texture Replacer for the "pressurized" crew areas--but yep, looks like the critical stuff is all GO! 

And yes, WOW, it is easily an order of magnitude faster. For the first time ever I'm looking forward to the next maneuver :) 

@Kuzzter tres cool screenshot what with the cutaways. Kinda reminds me of that old revell U-boat kit I built as a kid (picture, not mine because that's long gone).

It's also really drives home the fact that you're basically hurling a sizable office building through space there, more than any of those other screenshots ever did for me.

Remember folks, be cool like @CliftonM and snip your quoted images! Not that just one screenshot is a big problem but I wouldn't want to form any bad habits :) 

Home from baseball, Kuzz Jr. was 1-2 with an RBI and as second baseman hustled for a nice 3-4 putout at first. [international translation: he scored an acceptable number of runs before being dismissed, and dismissed an opposing batsman by adroitly substituting himself in place of the wicket-keeper. Or something.] 

Now getting Kopernicus and Kerbulus running. I'm not sure Free IVA has been updated yet, will experiment with the new cutaway feature but may keep the 'sound stage' in 1.0.5 for internal shots. Same deal with Animation Suite. 

Edited by Kuzzter

Just now, Kuzzter said:

Remember folks, be cool like @CliftonM and snip your quoted images! Not that just one screenshot is a big problem but I wouldn't want to form any bad habits :) 

Yeah, it was hard to get used to at first because Bulletin did it automatically, but it's a good idea to get in the habit of.  Either that, or put it into a spoiler. :) 

2 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Now getting Kopernicus and Kerbulus running. I'm not sure Free IVA has been updated yet, will experiment with the new cutaway feature but may keep the 'sound stage' in 1.0.5 for internal shots. Same deal with Animation Suite. 

I don't think there's going to be an update for a pretty good amount of time.  It's still being developed as far as I know, but I remember pizzzoverhead saying something about not having as much time for it right now.  Also these ones are also a bit hard to update because they're pretty core to the game.  I'm going to stop now because I'm going to ramble on if I don't.  This is why I shouldn't post on the forums when I'm tired.  :P

On 4/29/2016 at 10:16 AM, Kuzzter said:

A marine sarjint turned firefighter? Who'd have thunk it. If only he also spoke Creole. :D 

Sorry to be lagged but I was out of town for 4 or 5 days.  Anyway, that's funny :)  I don't speak Creole, though.  The maudite patois I do is more West Prairie.

Thanks for the update!

Lisa is very smart.  I'm enjoying her relationship with Kenlie quite a bit.  I am glad it was Lisa who found his k-pad, somehow.  It's nice to see that Kenlie is still respected, despite his being a 'complete and utter goofball'.

I must admit that I'll be quite pleased to hear Kenlie's explanation.  I'm sure we'll get more insight into exactly how much he understands and fears about the Kerbulans.

Happy Concerned landings!

5 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

I wonder if it's possible to get a transcription?

LATER, AFTER THE SMOKE VENTS...

KENLIE ( floating into lab): Um... hey, Lisa, so...
LISA: Yes, Kenlie, I read it… I wish I hadn’t, but I read it!

KENLIE: It’s just a story. A sick, stupid story. I made it all up.
LISA (horrified face): Really? Kerbs hurting each other? Killing each other—on—on purpose? You made that up?
KENLIE: Extrasophical philapolation!
LISA: Kenlie, you wrote about the  mirror planet munths before anyone detected it!
KENLIE: Hictional fypothesis!

LISA: Kowmulch! It all fits now--that day you wanted to use the telescope… your freakout on the bridge… and that sensor glitch! It was a Murderdeth scout, wasn’t it?
KENLIE: Okay, okay! So why didn’t you tell? Why lie for me?

LISA (holding kpad): Because despite being a complete and utter goofball, you’re a good kerb who’ll do anything to protect his friends. So if you didn’t tell, you must have a reason.
KENLIE: I do! Well, I think I do.
LISA: Good. And you’re going to tell me what it is, right now, or I’m bringing your k-pad straight to Dilsby!

Edited by Kuzzter

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

*CUT*! Dangit you two, wipe those grins off your faces. This is supposed to be a SERIOUS scene!

Hide contents

RtWIeJq.png

I knew the Jool mission was being faked on a soundstage! I knew it- uh, oh, they found me. I don't know how, but they found me. Run for it, Martystu!

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

I love the horrified look on Lisa's face!  Perfect given the subject matter!!!  :0.0:

And another stunt double/laboratory set burns up in Eve's atmosphere :(

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

I must admit that I'll be quite pleased to hear Kenlie's explanation.  

Yeah, me too, I really hope he comes up with something good... or failing that, at least something plausible.

24 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I knew the Jool mission was being faked on a soundstage! I knew it- uh, oh, they found me. I don't know how, but they found me. Run for it, Martystu!

Ha haaa, gotcha! very lucky for us, we'd just run out of stunt doubles. Now just put on this nice replica KSMC uniform and sit right here in the hab mockup... no, you don;t have any lines, just... act naturally.

OK, Sarge's horrified reaction shot, take 47! And.... action! 

5 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

[...]

Ha haaa, gotcha! very lucky for us, we'd just run out of stunt doubles. Now just put on this nice replica KSMC uniform and sit right here in the hab mockup... no, you don;t have any lines, just... act naturally.

OK, Sarge's horrified reaction shot, take 47! And.... action! 

"Hmm, do I see Eve out the window?"

"Of course not, this is only a mockup.  That's just a poster outside."

"But it's getting closer, and Eve isn't even in this part of the story!"

"Right.  I have to go to the camera.... controls."

On 5/6/2016 at 11:01 AM, Kuzzter said:

There. Just one page I'm afraid, got very busy this week.

I shudder in horror at how many hours must have ticked by getting those shots......

But for Intrepid to survive, word has to filter up the chain of command....  Forewarned is fore-armed :)

2 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

word has to filter up the chain of command

Preferably, in the form of unaltered input data and adequate situation assessment, not Kenlie's writing the way it is there. And Lisa has intention to make a viable hypothesis out of it.