Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 15--Did you see that?

Mister Dilsby

Thanks Kuzzter.

So, even in Kenlie's POV reveal we get a little cliffhanger.  :)

Very interesting sociology discussions.  I often wonder if hierarchy itself is the core issue.  Of course the Kerbals have hierarchy, too.  Just not as rigid or painfully enforced.

And if I needed something to be concerned about, there's the layering of the statement "...he's writing about us the same way I'm writing about them."

Happy Concerned Nervous landings!

Another interesting detail that is revealed from these pages is that Kenlie doesn't only see things from s,ǝıluǝʞ POV. I think many of us knew that already, but it's nice to have it stated clearly.

2 hours ago, something said:

You are using power point for these comics? Wow. I always assumed you used something like photoshop, gimp or illustrator in order to manipulate the images.

I do use GIMP when images need to be manipulated beyond the limits of powerpoint--for example to design uniforms, and for certain special effects.

Right now I am in GIMP reconstructing the Kerbulan uniforms and heads, in fact, which were "inadvertently" lost in my recent computer transfer. I do have thumbnails to work from and some of the source files, so the new ones should look pretty much the same as the old--regular programming will resume shortly :) 

That's really good!

That explains how Kerbfleet Kenlie knew enough about what Lisa Kermulan was doing to write about it in his story.  (Back when she was following the Intrepid.)

Interesting.  If Lisa goes to Val and everybody knows, then Kenlie Kermulan (and thus the Spy Boss) will have access to all their points of view.  I see why Kenlie is so determined to keep this secret from the rest.  The Spy Boss probably won't be able to learn much from Lisa's POV.  Especially if she's just busy working in the lab.

Of course, Lisa will know the truth and be afraid.  And she can only confide in Kenlie.  Maybe it will help Kenlie's state of mind to have someone to share the burden with, though.

Thanks Kuzzter.

Happy Concerned Nervous landings!

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

(SNIP)

So,on page 2, the second panel, Kenlie Kerman writes about the helmskerb ordering the other person to obey or get stabbed and then thrown out of the ship. In Kenlie Kermulan's story, it would be like this:- "You will do as I say! " commanded the Helmskerb. "Or you won't get your Snacks and you'll have to sleep on the floor instead of a bed!"

1 minute ago, KerbalOmmex said:

So,on page 2, the second panel, Kenlie Kerman writes about the helmskerb ordering the other person to obey or get stabbed and then thrown out of the ship. In Kenlie Kermulan's story, it would be like this:- "You will do as I say! " commanded the Helmskerb. "Or you won't get your Snacks and you'll have to sleep on the floor instead of a bed!"

First, thanks for snipping images :) Second, those are both from K. Kermulan's story. Sorry it isn't more explicit. The text boxes are different colors--red for Kermulan, yellow for Kerman. 

The point of the first one (where the text matches) was to demonstrate that, indeed, K. Kermulan is writing a story with K. Kerman and his friends in it. The point of the second one ("You'll do as I say!")  is to demonstrate that K. Kermulan really doesn't get K. Kerman's non-murdery emotions. Kenlie Kerman just placed his fate in Lisa's hands and asked for her mercy and trust. Those are definitely two qualities in short supply on Kerbulus :) 

And yeah, I know I'm supposed to be dead, but explaining it saves us from several pages of speculation etc. :) 

Well if we're all now complicit in Kenlie's story and he can see all our perspectives, then Kenlie is probably getting a taste of C# right about now, and seeing how often the universe gets loaded and reloaded to test out a new part, or what happens to poor Mitch as various prototypes are tested and tweaked. Think Groundhog Day with Bill Murry... :wink:

So if the enemy has what they think is perfect access to our information, we need to foul our information. Perhaps Kenlie needs to find a patsy, spill the beans, and have that patsy start planning the full scale invasion of Kerbulus. The Kermulans would then have to waste time and resources planning to counter that invasion instead of trying to lock in our intrepid heroes. 

Of course, when said invasion never occurs, it will make some superior officers look bad, and their subordinates would wake up extra murdery one morning and make with the stabbies.

So...if Kenlie Kerman shared his revelation with entire Kerbal population back home...would Kenlie Kermulan's head explode from having a planet worth of POV's crammed into it? :D Or at least go completely bonkers from experiencing multitude of peace-loving, snack-obsessed, friendship-valuing (is that even a word?) lives. Would that be a moment of perfect clarity for him?

epiphany-word-nerd-definition-via-lawhim

On 5/13/2016 at 3:08 PM, Kuzzter said:

All of this was done in 1.1 by the way, and the interior views--while very cool--are not as easy to work with as Free IVA was in 1.0.5. Still working out how to do everything--hopefully someone mods some additonal camera controls for the interior overlay, that would be a big help. In other news I accidentally lost all my old animation poses, so I'll have the joy of making those over again! Yay!

There's a camera repositioning mod for 1.1.  This changes the part that the camera is centered on, instead of it being stuck on the center of mass.

Ah, here it is:   Camera Focus Changer

Edited by Geschosskopf

18 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Well if we're all now complicit in Kenlie's story and he can see all our perspectives, then Kenlie is probably getting a taste of C# right about now, and seeing how often the universe gets loaded and reloaded to test out a new part, or what happens to poor Mitch as various prototypes are tested and tweaked. Think Groundhog Day with Bill Murry... :wink:

Egad, that sounds as bad to live through as it would be to try and write it! Well, maybe we can say that Mister Blocko and the other monoliths form a barrier between our world and the next--a "fourth wall", if you will, that cannot be penetrated under any circumstances, unless doing so would be funny.

17 hours ago, Torgo said:

So if the enemy has what they think is perfect access to our information, we need to foul our information. Perhaps Kenlie needs to find a patsy, spill the beans, and have that patsy start planning the full scale invasion of Kerbulus. The Kermulans would then have to waste time and resources planning to counter that invasion instead of trying to lock in our intrepid heroes. 

That's good! It's almost as nuts as what I actually have planned, and it could actually work :) 

17 hours ago, Scotius said:

So...if Kenlie Kerman shared his revelation with entire Kerbal population back home...would Kenlie Kermulan's head explode from having a planet worth of POV's crammed into it? :D Or at least go completely bonkers from experiencing multitude of peace-loving, snack-obsessed, friendship-valuing (is that even a word?) lives. Would that be a moment of perfect clarity for him?

Also plausible, silly, and entertaining! Too bad he already wrecked the transmitter :) 

17 hours ago, insert_name said:

so if the kerbulans can see the perspectives of those who know about them, and Wherner was on Kerbin before the Kerbulans knew about Kerbin we can conclude that wherner does not know about kerbulus

That would certainly be logical... but also wrong. :) You'll find out all about it in the upcoming Zweischenspiel.

13 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

There's a camera repositioning mod for 1.1.  This changes the part that the camera is centered on, instead of it being stuck on the center of mass.

Ah, here it is:   Camera Focus Changer

Excellent! Going right in the toolbox, thank you :) 

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

That's good! It's almost as nuts as what I actually have planned, and it could actually work :)

That would certainly be logical... but also wrong. :) You'll find out all about it in the upcoming Zwischenspiel.

I have a love/hate relationship with these teasers. And they certainly put some wings on my imagination.

The point against @insert_name's theory would be that only the Kenlies are some sort of catalyst between the two worlds. Since that is a rather recent development, Wernher doesn't fit in. Though admittedly that's easy to say after Kuzzter has already refuted the theory.

As for what Kuzzter has planned, I doubt that it will involve deceit, because it would a) contradict Kerbal mantality and b) be immediately recognized by the Kerbulans who are skilled in treachery and backstabbing.

22 minutes ago, Chemp said:

As for what Kuzzter has planned, I doubt that it will involve deceit, because it would a) contradict Kerbal mantality and b) be immediately recognized by the Kerbulans who are skilled in treachery and backstabbing.

The whole Eve rescue mission was an exercise in deceit, and not following the 'spirit' of an order (specifically, 'Get that ship off the pad'). The Kerbfleet Kerbs don't know violence, but it is apparent that they are very liberal with versions of what can be considered truth, especially when bending the truth a bit can produce a desirable outcome. 

I wouldn't be surprised if some Kerbulans saw through the deceit, but the 'right' ones would be so ingrained in their own agendas that they'd ignore the subtext to see and use exactly what they'd expect to see. The Kerbulans, in general, don't strike me as a species familiar with subtlety. 

Edited by Torgo

...so here's an update about an update!

H6K1xbs.png

hQJfm98.png

ePO9IaM.png

jJ4aA5U.png

This marks the second time in Kerbfleet history that a major update occurred during a mission. The first time, way back in Duna, Ore Bust! nearly resulted in the Hummlebee's destruction. That one was going from v0.90 to v1.0.4. Later on, at the end of Eve: Order Zero we went to v1.0.5 without issue during Gene's stirring monologue. So here we are in 1.1! And the next (comic) update should close Chapter 9. 

Very nice to see everything make the transition smoothly.

There are now quite a few mods required to tell the story.  I'm glad to see everything finally in place.

Really enjoyed Clauselle's Unity 5 comment. :)

And, in the background, a pressure alarm is going "Whoop!  Whoop!  Fourth wall breach!"

Happy Concerned landings!

11 minutes ago, something said:

Why is the bridge illuminated with blue light??

There are two blue landing lights (THERE! ARE! TWO! LIGHTS!) way, way forward aimed towards the space doors. You can see them in the first panel of this update. Since light goes through all ship parts, you can see the blue tint on the bridge when there isn't a brighter light source to wash it out. Maybe I should shut those off for the interior shots...

Now, why didn't you notice the blue light before? Because pre-1.1, for framerate reasons, almost all bridge shots were done on a filming mockup and not Intrepid herself! And that mockup did not have the landing lights, or most of the rest of the ship for that matter. 

And YOU get a No-Prize! Congrats :D