Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 14--Under New Management

Mister Dilsby

Seriously, the fourth wall is already mostly duct tape and spare hab canvas, any more breaches and Bob & Bill won't be able to science the mulch out of it anymoar...

8 minutes ago, parameciumkid said:

If the fourth wall breaks, does that mean we humans can march in and toss the Kerbulans about like nine-pins? Or would that be a bad idea?

Sounds like an entertaining mini-game

4 hours ago, parameciumkid said:

If the fourth wall breaks, does that mean we humans can march in and toss the Kerbulans about like nine-pins? Or would that be a bad idea?

With their superhuman resistance to sooo many forms of damage, endless supplies of fresh recruits, and air and spacecraft that outperform anything we've ever built in every imaginable way, I'd wonder if we wouldn't be the ones that get thrashed. I'd rather keep that door shut thank you.

4 hours ago, parameciumkid said:

"Never frighten a little man. He'll kill you." -- Heinlein

23 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

And YOU get a No-Prize! Congrats :D 

First off, thanks for the No-Prize. I am staggered. I don't know what to say. Once I will win the bel-Prize some where else, I am certainly in possession of a Nobel-Prize ...

3 hours ago, FyunchClick said:

With their superhuman resistance to sooo many forms of damage, endless supplies of fresh recruits, and air and spacecraft that outperform anything we've ever built in every imaginable way, I'd wonder if we wouldn't be the ones that get thrashed. I'd rather keep that door shut thank you.

Well, you forget - they do not have nukes. Within a matter of minutes mankind would have destroyed Kerbulus.

As for the story development, I am somewhat confused: If every person knowing about the link is added to that link - then the thoughts of the persons known about would transfer through that link and as they're known by a subject of the link, they would be transferred back, thus creating an infinite loop. Now, that means the information contained in that link is trapped forever and hence transferred forth and back forever. That makes it impossible to distinguish new thoughts from old thoughts, unless they come with a time stamp. As we never heard about such a timestamp I am curious - how is information prevented from leaping forth and back again?

16 minutes ago, something said:

That makes it impossible to distinguish new thoughts from old thoughts, unless they come with a time stamp. As we never heard about such a timestamp I am curious - how is information prevented from leaping forth and back again?

*waves hands* It's all part of Bob's theory of relatedness! Bill was too quick to dismiss it! Also, quantum superposition! And cheese!

1 hour ago, Gojira1000 said:

It's all about the cheese.

Part of me really doesn't ant to like this because you have 222 rep.  :P

11 hours ago, FyunchClick said:

But humans have the god-like power to peer into the KSP universe from our own plane of existence and bombard everything in the KSP universe with and infinite supply of Whack-a-Kerbal bombs, without fear of retaliation :)

hg6KvzL.png
hM6tHnk.png

I'll likely tweak the encounter off-camera to get the Intrepid where I want her: smart thing to do might be to aim for a braking assist at Tylo and visit one of the outer moons first to top off fuel tanks. You never know when you might have to leave in a hurry, n'est-ce pas?

Next up will be a very special Zwischenspiel starring everyone's favorite rocket scientist, Wernher von Kerman. I have a few custom builds and textures to make before I can start on it, but I assure you all it will be worth the wait :) 

1 minute ago, Starhawk said:

And Bill was too quick to dismiss Bob's theory.  Poor Bob.  :)

Yep--especially since Bill knows better than anyone that Bob's theory was absolutely correct! It's just that the rules of the universe have changed in the last ten minutes. For a best friend, he can be quite a [WHOOPS!] [HEY-O!] sometimes.

I just read the new thread title.

I couldn't help but hear it in a computer-generated voice.  :)

Looking forward to the Zwee..  uh..  Zwich... uh .. (insert German translation of Interlude here).

Happy landings!

6 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

So, does this mean Kenlie is becoming Dr. Strange? :wink: 

I should begin my answer by disclosing that Dr. Strange is my favorite comic character of all time :) But no, I don't see Kenlie as a Strange analogue; for one thing, he's not nearly arrogant enough! Did you maybe mean Bill? Or should I say it like,

"By the molten mountains of Moho! By the many moons of Jool! It's...BILL KERMAN! ENGINEER SUPREME!!"

5 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I couldn't help but hear it in a computer-generated voice.  :)

Good, I used the right font then, that's how you're supposed to hear it :) 

8 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

I should begin my answer by disclosing that Dr. Strange is my favorite comic character of all time :) But no, I don't see Kenlie as a Strange analogue; for one thing, he's not nearly arrogant enough! Did you maybe mean Bill? Or should I say it like,

"By the molten mountains of Moho! By the many moons of Jool! It's...BILL KERMAN! ENGINEER SUPREME!!"

Good, I used the right font then, that's how you're supposed to hear it :) 

Let's play... Global Thermonuclear War... :wink:

Why is Bob always shunned? Sorry, Bob...

*Determination . . . ?

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

I'll likely tweak the encounter off-camera to get the Intrepid where I want her: smart thing to do might be to aim for a braking assist at Tylo and visit one of the outer moons first to top off fuel tanks. You never know when you might have to leave in a hurry, n'est-ce pas?

Tylo is evil. Maybe go for a Laythe slingshot before using Tylo to push yourself to Pol/Bop? Or, if the Intrepid is capable, a direct Jool Aerobrake is actually plausible.

*Determination.

Just now, TotallyNotHuman_ said:

@SpaceplaneAddict A Jool aerobreak - ahem, aerobrake may not be feasible for the Intrepid. I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's part of 1.1, but aerobraking at Jool seems to be a LOT hotter than 1.0.5. :confused:

The Jool Aerobrake scenario in 1.1 shows the ship comin in from Kerbin, it goes all  the way down to 165ish hundred thousand km, and I only heally saw minor heat warnings.

Well, regarding a Jool aerobrake for Intrepid, that's a big NOPE! There's plenty in the tanks, so there's no way Val would risk 12 lives and the mission like that. 

Now, firing a Jooldipper from standoff distance...well, it's supposed to die in Jool's atmosphere, and there's a spare. It might just be the scientifically responsible thing to to!

Just now, Kuzzter said:

Now, firing a Jooldipper from standoff distance...well, it's supposed to die in Jool's atmosphere, and there's a spare. It might just be the scientifically responsible thing to to!

By that I think your saying you're going to fire a Jool Diver into the atmo directly from one of the Outer Joolian moons?