Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 14--Under New Management

Mister Dilsby

5 minutes ago, Emperor of the Titan Squid said:

Hmm, that gives me an idea. Excuse me @Kuzzter, how long are the kss intrepid and the kss enterprise?

Oh, KSP forums. Two separate derails about launching things that shouldn't fly in as many days.

Also, I'd estimate ~15 Mk 2 fuselages for the Enterprise.

Edited by 0111narwhalz

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:41 AM, Deddly said:

What makes you so sure the full Intrepid is going to make it off Poll in one piece?

Heh. Heh. Heh.

Going back to my recent Moho mission (in my mission report) my giant mothership did not have enough thrust to get off of Moho unless I launched with 10% fuel... I had a very hard time getting to orbit :D

59 minutes ago, AkuAerospace said:

Ok, this is a bit off but I just noticed something about the Kerbulans. In chapter 10, page 2 the remarks by Kurt & Melgee actually make sense, in fact it seems perfectly rational (if a little odd but it's just nitpicking each other's grammar).

Maybe space madness actually makes Kerbulans saner. I mean, Kerbulans are all slightly crazy anyhoo, so they certainly can't get any worse...

19 minutes ago, Mjp1050 said:

Maybe space madness actually makes Kerbulans saner. I mean, Kerbulans are all slightly crazy anyhoo, so they certainly can't get any worse...

Nooooo! 

Kerbulans + space madness = 

...... cheese torpedoes.

5 hours ago, KSK said:

Nooooo! 

Kerbulans + space madness = 

...... cheese torpedoes.

At least you can eat those.

On July 31, 2016 at 2:07 PM, Kuzzter said:

Don't worry, @Wildcat111, I already know exactly when the Kerbulans will come, and what the Kerbfleet crew will do about it when they get there. Feel free to speculate though :wink: 

I'll bet in Chapter 13!

17 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

your reputation is now OVER 9000!

Thanks! A few people have mentioned that and I appreciate it, though I try not to talk about rep because, well, you know... *kicks pebble with toe*

Now, thought I'd mention before anyone asked (since we all know that I don't like it when anyone asks!) that I've gotten very, very busy so won't see a significant update before at least Monday. I may or may not be able to post an insignificant or semi-significant update this afternoon, we'll see how it goes :) 

And no, this has nothing to do with Pokémon.

Annnnnnd we're back...

CRzhmHl.png

baOMGkp.png

q5FFQbj.png

1XWuuyh.png

gmWJypN.png

Very cool lifting off Pol and seeing the shadows of the spiky rocks on the ground--almost makes up for not having scatter turned on when I landed. Also loved seeing that alignment of the inner planets. Not sure where Kerbin and Kerbulus are in that shot, possibly in front of/behind the sun. Should be a quick trip down and up with Jeb, Bob and Jeb's "lucky" socks, and then off to the next moon. Bop isn't in a good spot right now so I might go to Vall first. We'll see! 

15 hours ago, Deddly said:

Poor Kenlie, he never wins at cheks.

Not against Nimzo, no, but then again there are very few Kerbals who would. After a couple of years of lessons (in between his shipboard duties and writing about murdery murderers) Kenlie is probably playing at a Class B amateur level: strong enough to mop up the board against any 'social' player and maybe sneak a win at a local tournament, but still nowhere near Master rank.

14 hours ago, AkuAerospace said:

He he he, well it looks like Jeb hasn't changed a bit. Come to think of it, it's been ages since he flew with Bob (Eve rescue takeoff if I remember).

I think you're right--and before that, he didn't fly with Bob at all, since Lisa was the science officer on the Duna mission. I'm going from memory here, but I think the only time we see them together (chronologically) before the Eve rescue is in the flashbacks to Dilsby's and Val's Kerbahashi Maru test simulations. 

14 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Jeb and Bob is a really well done comedy combo, great update tpday Kuzzter!

Thanks! And as Aku pointed out, it's not one I've explored much. But as two of the four Original Orangesuits they must have flown together in the early days of the Program, before their adventures were recorded in comic form. Hmm, could those experiences have anything to do with Bob's current attitude, i.e. his frequent raising of "concerns"? Maybe!

Edited by Kuzzter

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Might this feeling I'm feeling indicate a future interlude set in the past?

If Kuzzter is doing it, we know it will be better than Superman vs Batman, but that is setting the bar so, so very low. 

He'd need to find a Wonder Woman space suit for Valentina to really make it pop, though.