Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 15--Did you see that?

Mister Dilsby

Wait, I just thought of something to do with the Ghost... 

When there's something strange 

In your orbit... 

Who ya gonna call? 

Spoiler

Ghostbusters! Actually, the OKSBACS! (Official Kerbfleet Supernatural Being Analysis & Control Squad)

3 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

In your orbit... 

Who ya gonna call? 

Hide contents

Ghostbusters! Actually, the OKSBACS! (Official Kerbfleet Supernatural Being Analysis & Control Squad)

I actually made a (n) (Totally un-intentional) Ghostbusters reference in my story. Basically, there's a super-death-laser-thing, and..... Well, you're going to have to find out :wink: I know, I'm evil.

4 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

(Snipped docking)

(Snipped pronouncement woes)

(Snipped Lisa's musings)

(Snipped tactical analysis)

About the pronunciation - I always pronounced it as Lay-the. Maybe add a poll?

(was going to suggest a poll, but then I realized that one exists here.)

(also)

2 hours ago, Chemp said:

Because even if the Kerbals are able to outwit the Kerbulans in both the Jool and the Kerbin System, there's a whole planet of bad guys who are now aware of them.

It has to be taken out of the picture somehow. I think Evil Val has their entire fleet, though. Or maybe her defeat causes Evil Gene to surrender, but that seems unlikely. Maybe the Kerbals incite a revolt on Kerbulus and take over the planet? But that also seems unlikely.

I was thinking maybe Bill just glasses it using fourth wall powers when I realized...

In the last panel of the Interlude - the Ghost (who I do remember, thank you very much) is orbiting a blue and green planet with clouds.

Kerbin - or Kerbulus?

Could they have tricked him into bombing his own planet? Or maybe he decided to turn on Evil Gene?

It would resolve both hanging threats to Kerbin, so it might be true.

Again... if this was @Kuzzter's actual idea... sorry.

(later)

35 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

In your orbit... 

Who ya gonna call? 

Reveal hidden contents

That... that's awesome!

Repliked.

52 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

In your orbit... 

Who ya gonna call?

Cheesebusters?

1 minute ago, Garrett Kerman said:

This is Kerbin. Kerbulus is like Kerbin but water and land are inverted (right, @Kuzzter?).

No, not exactly; east-west are reversed, as Wernher learned when he visited a strange monument in the desert (in spoiler tag so as not to duplicate comic pages and disrupt the flow of the thread :wink: )

Spoiler

Mt0VSyA.png

1 minute ago, Garrett Kerman said:

@Kuzzter so you still can tell, those continents don't seem reversed. However, you could orbit in a really funky way... (insert maths)

You mean, if the Ghost's ship were orbiting Kerbulus bearing west not east? Nope, I don't think so. For convenience of orientation let's call the continent Kerbin's KSC is on Kerbafrica. In the shot we can see the large knob projecting westward, where "Morokko" and the "Kote d'Ivoire" are located. The Kiberian penninsula is north of this knob. The orbit is irrelevant: the Ghost's ship could be going west-to-east, east-to-west, or polar for that matter--the planet still looks the same.

So on Kerbin if the map is oriented such that north is up then Morokko is to the left and KSC is to the right. Look at the statue's right eye (which is on your left)--to put the Morokkan coast of Kerbulus on your left, as it is in the shot with the Ghost, you would have to rotate the whole image such that the Kape of Good Hope would be toward the top of the page. You can see in the picture you posted that it's not.

Anyway, before this gets way out of hand, that's Kerbin. I have spoken. /wordofgod

2 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

You mean, if the Ghost's ship were orbiting Kerbulus bearing west not east? Nope, I don't think so. For convenience of orientation let's call the continent Kerbin's KSC is on Kerbafrica. In the shot we can see the large knob projecting westward, where "Morokko" and the "Kote d'Ivoire" are located. The Kiberian penninsula is north of this knob. The orbit is irrelevant: the Ghost's ship could be going west-to-east, east-to-west, or polar for that matter--the planet still looks the same.

So on Kerbin if the map is oriented such that north is up then Morokko is to the left and KSC is to the right. Look at the statue's right eye (which is on your left)--to put the Morokkan coast of Kerbulus on your left, as it is in the shot with the Ghost, you would have to rotate the whole image such that the Kape of Good Hope would be toward the top of the page. You can see in the picture you posted that it's not.

Anyway, before this gets way out of hand, that's Kerbin. I have spoken. /wordofgod

Yeah, flips cannot be matched by any set of rotations... so yeah! Me wrong!

So how does Kerbin survive, eh? (Puts pressure on @Kuzzter)

- --- / -... . / .... --- -. . ... - / .. / .--. .-. . ..-. . .-. / - .... .. ...

Moderator translation: [To be honest, I prefer this]

Anyway the problem with English is that it's not a phonetic language and there is no pronunciation for words that were started as text. See ".gif" or ".jif"

Edited by Deddly

16 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

and? and it turned out!?!?!? help!!!!!! I need info!!!!!!

This is from earlier in this book.  If you read Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey from the beginning, you will see this page in context.

It is part of an interlude (Zwischenspiel) which follows chapter nine.  The very first page of this thread has links to imgur albums of the entire book up to this point.

Happy landings!

Bask to the story... I can't stop thinking about how that egg fits into this... whether anyone knows it's on the ship or not... and the fact they're heading to Laythe, a moon mostly covered in oceans... Oceans where krakens might thrive.... is it all connected... or am I just grasping at straws???  :huh:

Edited by Just Jim

I think the egg is caviar. For a Red Herring. Which Clauselle will use to make a nice meal.

Seriously, though. We don't have enough information to speculate on the egg. I think it's best to wait and see for a little bit. It's how the Scientific Method works, right? Observe. Then refine the hypothesis.

Also, Occam's Razor.