Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 15--Did you see that?

Mister Dilsby

12 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Where's The Kraken when we need it the most?

Dead, at Bop. The Kerbulans shot it, remember? :wink:

Also- 20 minutes ago? What is happening now? (Kenlie is suiting up.) Will the news of this missile reach Val in time? It takes 3 minutes, one-way.

10 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

I ASKED WHAT HAPPENED WITH THAT GUY IN KERBIN ORBIT 10-15 PAGES AGO!!! WHY DIDNT ANYONE ANSWER!! :) 

Because no one except me could have answered that question, and it wasn't time to answer it until now. :) 

4 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Will the news of this missile reach Val in time? It takes 3 minutes, one-way.

Yeah, it's almost as though I had a reason for putting in the timestamps... :wink: 

39 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I'm not sure if @Kuzzter did it on purpose, or if it was just a coincidence, but it is eerily similar.... 

Yes it is... but really there are a whole lot of other very similar examples. I wasn't referencing any particular one :) You can find the Pearl Harbor instance in the "Real Life" tab.

8 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Also- 20 minutes ago? What is happening now? (Kenlie is suiting up.) Will the news of this missile reach Val in time? It takes 3 minutes, one-way.

3 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Yeah, it's almost as though I had a reason for putting in the timestamps... :wink: 

20 minutes?  It takes about that long for a deorbit burn, atmospheric entry and 'land'* at KSC (especially if gliding/powered flight is needed), given that it's over the desert by the last panel....

*possibly not the correct term for a warhead.

General order Aleph-One: Completely and totally disregard any transient scanning contact or apparent sensor glitch if and only if it makes more narrative sense to do so...

(then)

22 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Where's The Kraken when we need it the most?

Maybe the Kraken teleports to Kerbin orbit to deflect it! Maybe the Kraken dies doing so!

I'm not sure if @Kuzzter is going to write Kerbin being destroyed. Then again, he might, and we might get a Duna Attacks style "Speaking from the smoldering remains of KSC" episode.

My guess is that, seeing the Kerbulan's expedition lacks the firepower to do make a large scale impact on Kerbin itself (they don't have nuclear warheads) they most likely will be targeting Kerbin's space infrastructure, one piece of advice for Gene and the KSC crew: Duck and Cover (and probably get away from the buildings).

On 12/26/2016 at 8:49 PM, Kuzzter said:

We'll see. I might not do a comic at all. But let's let me finish this one first OK? :) 

Hmmmmm.. IMO, you have such a great sense of humor... I would love to see what you could do with a written format instead of comic format.... I hope that made sense... 

Edited by Just Jim

Just now, Just Jim said:

Hmmmmm.. Personally, you have such a great sense of humor... I would love to see what you could do with a written format instead of comic format.... I hope that made sense... 

I agree! It will be great, I am sure!

This is what will happen: 

TRACKING STATION - AUTOMATED COMPUTER LOGS: 

TIMESTAMP: [CLASSIFIED] 

SPACE JUNK DETECTED ENTERING KERBIN'S ATMOSPHERE 

VAPORIZING SPACE JUNK WITH UV LASER TO AVOID HITTING POPULATED AREA... 
DONE!

---

Ghost: Blast it! They have a planetary defensive network!

34 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

This is what will happen: 

TRACKING STATION - AUTOMATED COMPUTER LOGS: 

TIMESTAMP: [CLASSIFIED] 

SPACE JUNK DETECTED ENTERING KERBIN'S ATMOSPHERE 

VAPORIZING SPACE JUNK WITH UV LASER TO AVOID HITTING POPULATED AREA... 
DONE!

---

Ghost: Blast it! They have a planetary defensive network!

Yep. It's called "Jeb was messing around with laser pointers and he built a death laser." 

31 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

In A Jool Odyssey, is the Big Bad the Eldritch Abomination or the Evil Counterpart Race?

If by Big Bad you mean the Kerbulans, I would say Evil Counterpart Race

If you mean whatever has recently showed up... no pun intended...  I'm not sure yet... might be an Eldritch Abomination. Too early to say.

Edited by Just Jim

7 minutes ago, max_creative said:

GET ME ALL THE EXPLOSIVES YOU HAVE SO I CAN BLOW THOSE NITWITS HALFWAY TO THE NEXT GALAXY

Seven News

With RA3236

Police have spent the day tracking a maniac who has claimed ownership of the world's explosives and was planning to 'blast those nitwits halfway to the next galaxy', according to the latest reports.

Kuzzter, thank you soooo much for putting the last panel in a spoiler. The tension was thicker than a bowl of oatmeal! :o I suggest leaving that page there, so future readers can have the same experience.

Also, thank you for not ending that update on the second-to-last page. That just would have been sadistic!

As for the debate about where Kuzzter is going next, I think that he'll keep mum about it. There was a major argument on this thread about where he was going for this comic requiring the mods to step in, and I don't think he'll repeat that anytime soon. As he's said, "One word to the wise is enough!"