Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 15--Did you see that?

Mister Dilsby

40 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

There was a major argument on this thread about where he was going for this comic requiring the mods to step in

Well I don't know about argument, but it certainly got out of hand. And just so everyone knows, the mods have also already had to step in on this thread for the same reason, which is why one or two posts have been removed - again.

Please don't try to convince the authour where his next mission should be, and it would also be respectful to try not to use someone else's thread as a not-so-subtle advertising ground for your own creations.

3 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Kuzzter, thank you soooo much for putting the last panel in a spoiler. The tension was thicker than a bowl of oatmeal! :o

Seconded (if I understand the analogy correctly)

Well, I'd say things look bleak (Mortimer's takeover x a fair bit level) but I think I trust @Kuzzter to find a solution

Here's hoping

Aku

P.S. Now all I have to do is cope with the constant tension until the resolution comes out (this is why I like reading stories that are finished), no risk to me it's just the "Mortimer Takeover" of Eve: Order Zero all over again.

Edited by AkuAerospace
More to say

I only just realised that I was, perhaps, reading the Queen's Gambit move incorrectly (maybe). I assumed that the pawn being sacrificed was the pod that the Kermulans had left there, but now I see another posisbility: Kenlie is the pawn being sacrificed in order for Kerbfleef to gain a better position. Possibly.

9 hours ago, Dman979 said:

As for the debate about where Kuzzter is going next, I think that he'll keep mum about it. 

8 hours ago, Deddly said:

Please don't try to convince the authour where his next mission should be, and it would also be respectful to try not to use someone else's thread as a not-so-subtle advertising ground for your own creations.

Thank you, and thank you. And at the risk of sounding rant-y, one more point: I love doing hours of work just to get a few screenshots so I can make a comic for you to enjoy. I love coming back to the thread a little while after doing so, to find a bunch of 'likes' and a bunch of comments. I do NOT love when the comments have nothing to do with the story I've worked so hard to craft. It makes me wonder whether that time and effort is wasted.

Now, let's find some insightful comments to which I can reply. Ah, there's some! (and not the only ones :) )

5 hours ago, AkuAerospace said:

Well, I'd say things look bleak (Mortimer's takeover x a fair bit level) but I think I trust @Kuzzter to find a solution

I guess that depends on whether or not I believe in a no-win scenario. It also might depend on certain factors having to do with the comments, and the author's large ego (see above) :wink: 

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

I only just realised that I was, perhaps, reading the Queen's Gambit move incorrectly (maybe). I assumed that the pawn being sacrificed was the pod that the Kermulans had left there, but now I see another posisbility: Kenlie is the pawn being sacrificed in order for Kerbfleef to gain a better position. Possibly.

Well, we can't take the chess analogy TOO literally. After all, what kind of game is it when you move to capture a pawn rescue a pod and someone comes out of it brandishing a pistol? But you can get a clue of what I meant in Nimzo's last line of the flashback. Despite EVA suit colors to the contrary, the Kerbulans are white--they made the first move, and have offered the Rockomaximus pod for rescue. Kenlie knows his opponent is playing a gambit; he's going to accept it, and perhaps play a gambit or sacrifice of his own (see: Kenlie's last words before leaving the bridge and the ominous chapter title--no, not my chapter, his chapter!)

So yes, @Deddly, BOTH of your ideas might be right. :) 

Edited by Kuzzter

@Kuzzter  I'd been away from the forums for a while but I wanted to chime in and say that I've loved Kerbfleet stuff for a very long time and even when taking breaks from the game I'd keep your threads bookmarked so I can try to catch up on lunch breaks.  I freaking love the characters, writing, crafts, and everything you do with your comics.

Honestly I think I love the "small" moments in your stories best, the little moments of real character development between the action.  This isn't to say your plots, conflicts, and arc-climax fail to satisfy - they are all top notch.  I'm more trying to say that watching your kerbs just off on an adventure is incredibly fun on its own.

So at the close of this year:  Thanks for everything.

@KAL 9000, @The solid fuel chemist Guys, the climax of this mission is only just begining, and you're already talking about the next one? Isn't that like going to the cinema to watch a tense thriller, and just as all the intricate details of the plot begin to unravel, just as the tension reaches its peak and details that were perviously left hanging start to crystallise before you, at the moment when your heart is pounding and your forehead is tacky with a cold sweat - right at that moment, in the tense silence before the big reveal - someone pipes up "I think they should _______ in the sequel."?

It looks like the Kerbals will soon be exposed to death and evil at last. Sadness, does the murderth have access to nuclear weapons?

Edited by Alpha 360
"Kouston, we have several problems, but that doesn't matter so we want to continue on with the mission."

44 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I can tell you this much: The Kerbulans do not have nuclear technology. Wehrner made sure of that manymany chapters ago.

It's possible that they actually looked into the usage of nuclear weapons after he left...

52 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

It's possible that they actually looked into the usage of nuclear weapons after he left...

One of the reasons they're so concerned about the Intrepid is her "nuclear missiles." They don't have a conter for that, so they waited until Kerbfleet launched both probes.

It's canon that the Kerbulans don't have nuclear weapons, though they do have the Nerva engine because it was developped before Wernher left. That's why the Kerbulans were so afraid when the Intrepid was first discovered by them; they could see the heat signature of the nuclear reactor on board, so - in their eyes - why would they not use that technology for weapons?

17 hours ago, Deddly said:

@KAL 9000, @The solid fuel chemist Guys, the climax of this mission is only just begining, and you're already talking about the next one? Isn't that like going to the cinema to watch a tense thriller, and just as all the intricate details of the plot begin to unravel, just as the tension reaches its peak and details that were perviously left hanging start to crystallise before you, at the moment when your heart is pounding and your forehead is tacky with a cold sweat - right at that moment, in the tense silence before the big reveal - someone pipes up "I think they should _______ in the sequel."?

i was just responding to @KAL 9000's post. if this is the direction that the conversation is going to go in, then i will participate. Also, seeing as we usually have to wait a few days for a new chapter, I doubt anybodys hearts are pounding or breaking out in a sweat. I think the attitude in the forum has turned a little sour recently. What happened to the days of tolerance and sharing ideas freely? If @Kuzzter has a serious problem with this kind of discussion, he can put up some official rules or somthing.

Edited by The solid fuel chemist

1 hour ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

If @Kuzzter has a serious problem with this kind of discussion, he can put up some official rules or somthing.

No, I can't. The only official rules are the Forum Guidelines. I also cannot moderate the thread, as I am not a moderator. That's @Deddly's job.

So, do I have a problem with people discussing what's next? Well, I suppose it's not my business to dictate the discussion either. What I can do is choose to participate, or not, and if any comments ever really bother me I guess I can block those users. Just don't expect a response from me, and you'll never be disappointed.

In the meantime I'll continue writing this comic, for the benefit of those who are enjoying it.