Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 15--Did you see that?

Mister Dilsby

This may be slightly off topic, but I came across an interesting coincidence.

A few years back, somewhere in the 0.90-1.0 stage, I began planning a series of missions called "Project Intrepid." It never got very far. The main thing that killed it was the part count plus my laptop.

Anyway, Intrepid was to be a series of nine gigantic space exploration ships, each with different purposes, like Duna tug, Jool Ship, Sunscraper, Interstellar Colony ship, Command base, Battleship, etcetera. I have the full plan somewhere in one of my old notebooks... I tested the Intrepid prototype only once. The prototype looks somewhat like your Intrepid, but less epic (even though it was an early prototype). I was looking back on my old screenshots today, and guess what I found? The only two surviving pictures of the Intrepid Orbit Test #1.

QROQDk0.png

KEOTWvD.png

They aren't very good shots, but I do still have the save game somewhere... maybe sometime I should merge all my old savegames and actually do Project Intrepid as a mission report. (Wow, I've got about fifty Ideas bouncing around in my head and not enough commitment to do even one of them :))

5 hours ago, insert_name said:

Speaking of the boffins and circus, when will be hearing from them again 

Not until 1.1.3 at the earliest,which hopefully will roll the orbital decay problem back to no worse than it's ever been before 1.1.2.  So for the nonce, the Circus is still in the bunkers running simulations on all the fancy new tech they'll have when the smoke finally clears.  

17 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Not until 1.1.3 at the earliest,which hopefully will roll the orbital decay problem back to no worse than it's ever been before 1.1.2.  So for the nonce, the Circus is still in the bunkers running simulations on all the fancy new tech they'll have when the smoke finally clears.  

I apologize again for the giant smoke machine. It was excessive.

41 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

I apologize again for the giant smoke machine. It was excessive.

Nothing is too excessive for Dr. Frankinstein!

9 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

A classic Prison Break (kinda)! 

*Determination!

Alleged prison break!

Just now, SpaceplaneAddict said:

well, there's this thing about Wernher Von Kerman beng alive at the moment, so..... ? Making of that what I will

Oh? I was referring to Kuzzter's reanimation.

8 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Just looked it up- apparently it's running at a movie theater near me. It started 2 minutes ago.

If you can, go to a theater to see it, preferably a midnight madness showing with audience participation, if they have them.  
But be warned.... you may never be quite the same again!    :confused:

Back on topic... one thing I'm wondering, if this is Werhner von Kermulan we're reading about... is there a Werhner von Kerman counterpart?  Or did I miss him somewhere?  I'll go back and re-read

Edited by Just Jim

51 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Back on topic... one thing I'm wondering, if this is Werhner von Kermulan we're reading about... is there a Werhner von Kerman counterpart?  Or did I miss him somewhere?  I'll go back and re-read

Nope, you didn't miss it, and it's on my list of Things That Need To Be Explained. Also, note that while lots of Kerbals and Kebulans each know of the others' planet, at this point Wernher and Gene Kerman are the only characters to know that pairs of like-named people exist on the two worlds.

Just got caught up (I was away for a few days).

Love the letter!  I really didn't expect that little twist.

Well, Wernher may be out of the reach of Gene's agonizer, but how will he fare in the Kerbal version of Area 51?

Happy landings!