Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 15--Did you see that?

Mister Dilsby

3 hours ago, parameciumkid said:

...wait. The Kraken has yet to make a move on KerbFleet but is engaging in direct combat against the Kerbulans. Is the Kraken really the guardian of Kerbalkind? Its dark knight? Kodzilla?

They do praise the kraken, somthing the Kerbulans don't do. Maybe that has somthing to do with it 

4 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

But, does a Kraken choose sides? Are there even sides, to such a beet? Er--I mean, "beast"? On that subject, my friend, your headcanon is as good as mine :) 

I'll roll with kermulan rations are a superior brand of space fish food

Spoiler

tumblr_ncdmasKOPZ1sfpykco1_500.gif

Edited by passinglurker

On 10/26/2016 at 1:57 PM, something said:

That facial expression of "I'm readin weapons fire" carries a subtle message - something like "The best thing that has happened during the past 15 chapters".

Yeah, that's Bill Kermulan for you. And OK yeah making that page was a hoot for me too :) 

Also I gotta protest against that cliffhanger...

It could have been worse. I thought of leaving it after the second page, and holding the third page for later...though you're going to protest this also, the next update (which is not coming today) won't tell you a thing about what happened to the Kerbulans. :D 

ETA (27 October): Actually it will. I couldn't resist. You're welcome :D 

Edited by Kuzzter

1 minute ago, Garrett Kramme said:

So when will the Interprid be attacked? It has been held off for a while...

Great question. I presume you're not asking me, since I'm the only one who really knows and I'm not saying :) But as an item of reader speculation it's a great question. Those who have been following along closely should be able to make some educated guesses, at least with respect to the Kerbulans' plans (presuming they don't just all get shredded by some kind of krakenus ex machina)

3 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Great question. I presume you're not asking me, since I'm the only one who really knows and I'm not saying :) But as an item of reader speculation it's a great question. Those who have been following along closely should be able to make some educated guesses, at least with respect to the Kerbulans' plans (presuming they don't just all get shredded by some kind of krakenus ex machina)

Oh no! A lame literary trick which can ruin a really good story! Kuzzter, you monster!

@Garrett Kramme-

My theory is it'll be around Laythe or Jool. Obviously it won't be at any of the other moons, because they've been visited (or attacked by a Kraken?). I posted a bit about this a few pages back, I think.

Loving the story, especially the appearance of the Space Beet. But it does feel like they left Vall rather suddenly after making such a ground-breaking discovery. One might have thought they would have stuck around a bit - for science.

Just now, Deddly said:

Loving the story, especially the appearance of the Space Beet. But it does feel like they left Vall rather suddenly after making such a ground-breaking discovery. One might have thought they would have stuck around a bit - for science.

They might be back? On the other hand, there's no evidence for that, or even what will happen after the Final Battle.

39 minutes ago, Deddly said:

But it does feel like they left Vall rather suddenly after making such a ground-breaking discovery. One might have thought they would have stuck around a bit - for science.

Fair, yeah. In retrospect it doesn't seem very Kerbfleet to leave a probable alien transmitter un- or under-explored. Fortunately, as far as the comic goes (Dislby's twitter account notwithstanding) Qwammer hasn't even arrived back at Intrepid yet--so I still have the chance to do a little hand-waving before leaving Vall canonically (<--note spelling, folks, that's two ns not three. Additional 'reaction images' NOT appreciated :) ) 

25 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Personally I think the Intrepid crew should organize a raid and claim a Bloaking device.

I think that's a bad idea. For one, it summons the Kraken, and for two, stealing, raiding, and handing out junk mail fundamentally go against what it means to be a Kerbal.

On 2016-10-17 at 3:12 PM, Kuzzter said:

Please. I was a tuba player, I can't even sight-read the top of the bass clef. (Sure, I play trombone now, but my motto is "I was just on my way to the right note")  I had to keep repeating to myself, "Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge" to get that last panel right.

Yeah, I'm a piano player, that happened to me when I was young.

The Vallhenge might be a hint to how the Kerbals can escape from the Kerbulans

My hypothesis:

The rectangular blocks might represent the Kerbulans. The pyramids represent the Kerbals. On one side there are no rectangular blocks, allowing the Kerbals to escape. So, as they say "There is always a way to save the day".

Am I seeing things, or is my mind going nuts?

On 2016-10-25 at 2:53 PM, KAL 9000 said:

What's attacking the Kerbulans? Could it be- yes! MARTYSTU AND THE KENLISTAR AWESUM ARE HERE TO SAVE THE INTREPID!!!

But look at the scene where the thing attacks the ship. There is a part on the left that is brighter than the rest of the scene It looks like a tentacle is grabbing the ship. Then it makes way to a big mass with 2 weird round things.

On 2016-10-25 at 2:56 PM, Dman979 said:

And The Ghost arrives.

It looks suspiciously like a Kraken.

I know right?

Edited by Wildcat111

4 hours ago, Dman979 said:

I think that's a bad idea. For one, it summons the Kraken, and for two, stealing, raiding, and handing out junk mail fundamentally go against what it means to be a Kerbal.

If they can't take a little bloody nose, maybe they ought to go back home and crawl under their beds.

Space is dangerous. It's not safe out there. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, terrors to chill the blood and beauty that rivals the Goddesses of Olympus.

But it's not for the timid. 

27 minutes ago, GDJ said:

If they can't take a little bloody nose, maybe they ought to go back home and crawl under their beds.

I have a feeling that they can take a bloody nose. But they don't know what one is yet, because they do not understand the concept of fighting. Or stealing. Or murderdeth.

27 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Space is dangerous. It's not safe out there. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, terrors to chill the blood and beauty that rivals the Goddesses of Olympus.

That's a beautiful quote.

But it's not for the timid. 

I don't think you could call any of the Intrepid's crew "timid."

41 minutes ago, waterlubber said:

There's kerbulans on the starboard bow, starboard bow...

We come in peace (shoot to kill).

Thank you for bringing back fond memories of my radio days, playing Dr. Demento's show on the station every Sunday night using the LP's they sent out.