Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 15--Did you see that?

Mister Dilsby

16 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

after trying to do this myself (a mission report in a graphic novel style) i can appreciate how much work you do to give us this great story

it was hard :/

thank you

Thanks I really appreciate that! It does get easier with practice though, and I've had a lot of it :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2017 at 6:01 PM, Kuzzter said:

I heard @Nimzo Kerman singing my version in the shower the other day. He's pretty good, we could try to get him under contract.

I can do it if you want! 

Edited by Wildcat111
typo

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

No, but @Kuzzter got a really cool new job a couple weeks ago, and is going to need some time to readjust. He said he'll be back once things get settled down.

Oh, okay, just wondering. I'm typing this at the airport in Kuala Lumpur waiting for my flight to Chiang Mai.

PS, I'm on a vacation!

On 7/7/2017 at 5:16 AM, Wildcat111 said:

Oh, okay, just wondering. I'm typing this at the airport in Kuala Lumpur waiting for my flight to Chiang Mai.

PS, I'm on a vacation!

... the same for a lot of us, in the summer...

I'm sure that Kuzzter will be ready as soon it's possible for him.

By the way, @Kuzzter:

"♪♫ Don't Stop! Explorin'! ♫♪"
<Araym take off singing - very untuned as a dying cat>

u2cW7GH.jpg

qihSoxI.jpg

SzusBdK.jpg

...I decided not to do recaps. Anyone who can't remember what's happened up to this point, the previous chapters are conveniently indexed in the OP. :) 

Well I'm right with Kenlie on that one. I'm sure unreliable narrators can be done well but I'm not a fan of them.

Edited by KSK

1 hour ago, superstrijder15 said:

You haven't, I guarantee it. Whenever you say that, a second after you cut the feed something that you would have needed to see is happening.

Yep, I'm sure there's a trope for that :) In this case the "something" already happened--the signal just hasn't reached them yet.

By the way one of the best things about the end of the Battle of Kerbin, for me, is that I no longer have to pay such close attention to those ?!!@"$ time stamps :) 

Edited by Kuzzter

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

"Okay!" * tap tap tap*

Uh-oh. Don't make Mister Blocko angry! Or Mister TwoTake, or whatever we're supposed to call a Shadowy QUADrilateral these days...

11 hours ago, BeeGeenie said:

"And no more fourth wall breaches! I mean it!"

"Anybody on the forum want a peanut?" - Fezzik Kerman.

"Ha ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "never get involved in a space war around The Green Planet," but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Kerbulan when DEATH is on the line!" - Vizzini Kermulan

Unreliable narrators? That's a big no-no. But narrators who take their time to tell their story the proper way? I'll gladly wait a few münths until they feel that the time is right! :)

Now what is Jeb up to? It's surely not the lack of snacks in the Qwammer that makes him want to dock, is it? Besides, Evil Bob seems to start losing his nerve, that can only be a good thing.

One missile is what Jeb has, however, in the case of actually using it, he'd have to aim it at Jeb. And Jeb's a great pilot. But Jeb's a great pilot with a missile...

This can go either way, soI'll cast in my lot for all or no outcome!

Here's to an awesome author :D!

21 hours ago, FlyingPete said:

Valentina Kermulan: "But by now, surely..."

Valentina? Kerman: "...That's right! We don't know what's happened to the Admiral!"

Just got the "don't call me Shirley" reference here :D

They sneak up on you sometimes, don't they? :) Though that was a blue balloon with a "meep!" so Lisa Kerman speaking...and yeah I realized as I was making these pages that I was indeed leaving some ambiguity which I don't normally do, but I didn't want to clutter things further by tagging speakers etc. 

Maybe after Kurt and Melgee Kermulan board Intrepid things will get a bit easier to sort out... scripting the next section now, have finished some off-camera maintenance and testing and hoping to have new pages SoonTM.

Just one more today:

3yJIKCM.jpg

I'm just happy that after all this time off I still remember how to fly and dock Qwammer to Q-bay. It's not the easiest thing to do--Q-bay isn't that much bigger than the Qwammer--and remember both ports (aft and dorsal) have to line up. Add to that the usual problems of docking two orbiting ships and you can set yourself up for a frustrating evening.

What works for me is to fly Qwammer visually. First we "call the ball"--that is, target one of the two docking ports. This is really just to get a relative velocity to the ship--otherwise I pretty much ignore the navball entirely. I pull up parallel to Intrepid and kill relative velocity, then go down and over to float under Q-bay (as shown in the second panel) From there I just go up into the bay at about 0.2 m/s, staying a couple of meters forward of the Senior port at the rear of the bay.

Once I'm within the doors, I switch to cockpit view as shown in the last panel and aim Qwammer's dorsal port for the bay's ventral. I'm still controlling from cockpit so the navball is useless in steering for the port--all I'm doing is thrusting up, correcting visually as I get closer, and waiting for that lovely double *CLICK*  :)