Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 14--Under New Management

Mister Dilsby

1 minute ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I don't think there's much precedent for these things among the kerbals.

I would like to point you to the end of Eve: Order Zero, where Kerbfleet and Deeman Kerman had their first trial.

Edited by Dman979

3 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Kuzzter, I think that Kerbfleet has a very good case here for kidnapping, attempted murder, and attempted piracy (not barratry)!

Well, Mort did say he wanted to sue the Kerbulans for damages a while back...but I'd doubt there's any such thing as "murder" in the Kerbin Federation justice system :wink: 

Also, much like murder, "intentionally trying to make us dead" has very little to do with a reason, just the intent. It could probably be easily adapted into the legal system. Does Kerbfleet have any ex post facto rules?

6 minutes ago, superstrijder15 said:

He should have known: The players faction will ALWAYS find a way to improv out of it! 

And if he'd had the opportunity to read the back issues of Jool Odyssey, he'd have known that Sarge's last adventure with an extinguisher was just begging for a callback :) (aftermath below)

Spoiler

MQ4M2XZ.png

ETA: before some smartS asks--not shown in the Chapter 19, pg 7 extinguisher incident: Nimzo and Melbe helping brace Sarge against the bulkhead so he stayed put, and Newdun didn't :wink: 

Edited by Kuzzter

1 minute ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

If Sarge fired the extinguisher at Newdun, what stabilized him to enable the force to push Newdun instead of Sarge?

My ETA was fast...but not fast enough :D 

Just now, Dman979 said:

And, as you can clearly see in the comic, there just happens to be one lying on the mantle, placed there in the first act.

"Chekov's Extinguisher", indeed :) And yeah I did intentionally frame the most recent shot to show the extinguisher on the wall prior to Sarge grabbing it. AND I would be remiss if I didn't shout out to @Nils277, who thought to include those extinguishers and lots of other great details in his outstanding Planetary Base Systems mod!

4 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I was going to ask why there wasn't an explosive decompression, but realized that like the Rocinante, the Intrepid probably decompressed the crew spaces for combat...

Yeah, that might be a good idea...but I have been showing everyone with helmets off on the bridge, and Melbe wasn't wearing hers a page ago. Let's just say Clauselle sealed and decompressed Hab Three once she noticed the initial breach. :wink: 

A little more Behind-The-Scenes: I did indeed consider having Val order the ship depressurized and everyone in suits, because if I was Captin that's exactly what I'd do. But I didn't for the same reason they never do it in the movies: much harder to convey emotion when everyone's wearing a helmet. 

And another Before Anyone Asks: Habs 1 and 3 are on the port side, 2 and 4 starboard. Lower numbers are for'rd. 

15 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

EDIT: Looks like I was a little early, too early for the edit Kuzzter made. Whoopsie :D

Ah, there's the smartS :) 

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

I was going to ask why there wasn't an explosive decompression

I'm pretty sure i read on Atomic Rockets that explosive decompression isn't that strong at just one atm. If you were in an elongated airlock of 3*2*10 you may be pulled along at less than 1m/s or something like that, it isn't like in the movies.

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Just realized. Now that they've ejected the pilot, don't they techinically have a space fighter at their disposal? Unless Newdun gets back to it faster than they could take it, it seems Kerbfleet just gained a valuable asset.

....with a bloaking device!!!

Let's just hope it isn't booby kerbal-trapped... :0.0: