Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 14--Under New Management

Mister Dilsby

22 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

And you've put way more work into this mission, so unless you just snap from frustration with low FPS, I figure Intrepid is reasonably safe :)

38 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Can confirm: it's something else entirely, and incredibly difficult (both logistically and mentally) to destroy one of your own ships as a plot point, especially if you spent 8-10 launches building it. The Kraken can lead us to do terrible things....

Yeah, kraken could be one reason I do some damage to my baby... low FPS is another... the US taxes I'm calculating right now instead of playing KSP could be yet another... blargh* 

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 8:41 AM, Kuzzter said:

Let's face it, we all want some attention or we wouldn't be here. I must want lots of attention or I wouldn't work so hard on this comic :) 

Yeah... I think I caught that bug..... I blame you.... lol    :sticktongue:

(just kidding)

26 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

The US taxes I'm calculating right now instead of playing KSP could be yet another... blargh* 

Ewwwww.... that's enough to make anyone want to go blow something up.... again and again....

6 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Yeah, kraken could be one reason I do some damage to my baby... low FPS is another... the US taxes I'm calculating right now instead of playing KSP could be yet another... blargh* 

You and me both. Now that taxes are done I can get back to modding and reading your stories. :)

Edited by Angel-125

6 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Very interesting look at Kerbulus' moon!  I wonder what it's called?

The red moon... Like blood... Maybe Mars... Actually Mars was names Mars because they thought it looked like blood and Mars/Ares is the God of war. OOO actually, maybe it's named Ares!

Mars would be huge because earth is the size of jool. And @Kuzzter doesn't use RSS or anything like that so yeah. Dun dun dun!

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

That is just delicious.

That was so beautifully constructed that I am in awe.

Happy Concerned Nervous Anxious Frightened landings!

Maybe Nüm?

2 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Actually you can see both Kerbulan moons in that shot--look between Kerbulus and the red one Kenlie Kermulan is flying over. 

57 minutes ago, Laythe Dweller said:

It looks like an inverted-color Minmus. 

Ding ding ding! That is correct, and all credit goes to @GregroxMun once again... or should I call him @GregroxNum? The descriptions he made for the Kerbulus system are too good not to share:

description = Kerbulus is a unique world with rolling plains, deep blue oceans, and soaring mountains. It is the head world for the Kerbulan Empire, the most magnificent regime ever to exist.

description = Num is the largest natural satellite of Kerbulus. It is as yet unconfirmed whether or not it has an evil beard.

description = Nimnus is the smallest moon of Kerbulus. Its red color glows like the devil, and it probably eats babies too. If Minmus is mint pudding, then Nimnus is red hot cinnamon candy. No one likes cinnamon candy, because no one likes their tongues burnt.

Of course I like red hot cinnamon candy, and other methods of getting my tongue burnt such as lamb vindaloo. But it's still pretty darn funny :) 

So it occurs to me that at some point we'll have enough pieces to release a near-complete Kerbulan 'skin' for the game. It would include Gregrox's Kerbulus system, the flag, the uniforms and beards of course. Then perhaps a skilled 'contract configurator' like @nightingale could create a system where shooting down/murdering people from rival factions (Rockomaximus, Kerlingtus, etc.) would give reputation, funds and science. Research? Pah! That's for nerds! We gain technology through tribute! For the glory of the Empire! And of course every time a crew member gets promoted, one of higher rank has a random chance to get assassinated. Hm...

Yeah, I'd venture to say that would get some downloads. :) 

Wow. Nice "Welcome home" greeting. "BZZTTTTT!" indeed :) And...is Kenlie reading the minds of every Kerbulan in range? It was evil!Lisa following the Intrepid, not evil!Kenlie. Or...maybe...Kenlie is a persistomancer on a universal scale, and he is rewriting reality as he writes his story down :0.0:

2 hours ago, RA3236 said:

That Nimnus is the Minmus from Alternis Kerbol.

Correct. I was being rather lazy tbh. :blush:

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

So it occurs to me that at some point we'll have enough pieces to release a near-complete Kerbulan 'skin' for the game. It would include Gregrox's Kerbulus system, the flag, the uniforms and beards of course. Then perhaps a skilled 'contract configurator' like @nightingale could create a system where shooting down/murdering people from rival factions (Rockomaximus, Kerlingtus, etc.) would give reputation, funds and science. Research? Pah! That's for nerds! We gain technology through tribute! For the glory of the Empire! And of course every time a crew member gets promoted, one of higher rank has a random chance to get assassinated. Hm...

Yeah, I'd venture to say that would get some downloads. :) 

I've been waiting for a chance to release Kerbulus! If it's alright with you, I can go ahead and get a release thread asap.

1 minute ago, Commander Zoom said:

So... Nimnus is small and red and cratered, and Num is big and icy?

No, it's just Mun rotated 180 degrees so the farside becomes the nearside.

But that does seem like a pretty cool idea, now that you mention it. @Kuzzter, you don't plan on showing Num up close any time soon, do you? I might be able to fashion a much more interesting Num.

3 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

No, it's just Mun rotated 180 degrees so the farside becomes the nearside.

But that does seem like a pretty cool idea, now that you mention it. @Kuzzter, you don't plan on showing Num up close any time soon, do you? I might be able to fashion a much more interesting Num.

Hmmm... Maybe PQS might give you a hand?

1 minute ago, RA3236 said:

Hmmm... Maybe PQS might give you a hand?

If by that you mean "are you gonna use color and height PQSMods" then yes, yes I will. Nimnus's red color is PQS-powered, just like Minmus in Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered.

Edited by GregroxMun

How about a transcript?

LATER, IN THE LAB...

LISA: [looking at a scree] There's that sensor glitch again, Clauselle!  Big thermal spike, 200 klicks astern, then nothing!
CLAUSELLE: [off-panel] Oui, Lise--but the diagnostique shows nothing wrong!

AND IN HAB THREE...

KENLIE: [typing on k-pad] Two hundred klicks astern of the Kenliestar Awesum, the Murderdeth scout craft fired its engine.
[Kerbulan spaceship fires LV-N in background] "Why aren't they following us anymore?" the Kenlistar's robot voice tinkled pleasantly.
"Because they've finally figured it out," said Martystu, pacing the deck in his special magnetic deck-pacing boots.  "If we were really going to the Murderdeth homeworld, we'd have burned to intercept it be now!"
"Since we haven't, the scout has to go home to its evil boss, so they can plot their next move!

[background: Evil Bob pondering] Meanwhile, on the Murderdeth homeworld, that evil boss pondered...

NEW PAGE

[background: Kerbulan SSTO moves past Nimnus] ...another scout, the really murdery one, would be returning soon.

[background: Kerbulan SSTO headed towards a desert space center] And that meant that the evil boss might finally be able to get the answer he was looking for all along:

[background: Evil Bob agonizing Evil Kenlie] "Where is the Kenliestar Awesum really going?"