[1.1] BDynamics Mk22 Cockpits v1.1

BahamutoD

K6Bhv9V.png

v1.0

Description:

The first part is an F-22 inspired cockpit with a Mk2 cross section and built-in air intakes. The other is a spaceplane variant.
Both seat two kerbals and have fully loaded RPM/ASET internal views, with large glass canopies that let you see all around you with no obstructions.
The front seat instrumentation is atmospheric flight oriented and has an exclusive brand new HUD, which can be turned on via the HUD POWER switch.
The rear seat instrumentation is spaceflight oriented.

Requirements for functional IVA:
- RasterPropMonitor
- ASET Props (download here)

Download:
Spacedock

Source:
Github

License:
CC-BY-SA 2.0

Video: IVA Crew Transfer Mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFEG991QypM

Edited by BahamutoD

Oops, I forgot to add the built-in BDArmory radar to the config. For now, just add this to the part config:

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleRadar
	omnidirectional = false
	scanRotationSpeed = 120
	directionalFieldOfView = 120
	lockRotationAngle = 4
	canRecieveRadarData = true
	minSignalThreshold = 200
	rwrThreatType = 1
}

Edited by BahamutoD

[quote name='Atatra']loving the new cockpits, but is it possible to make a version of the intake type with a more sloped back to the cockpit? right now the very steep, almost swan neck back to it kinda bugs me.[/QUOTE]

I actually think it looks awesome that way!

These cockpits are top-notch Baha, great work.

I just had a merge with one of my fighters and was [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQAmvKMGUko]going in for guns[/url], then I noticed the HUD symbology actually interacting with the gunsight and drawing a line from my nose to the sight for better deflection shooting! *.*

As a passionate DCS player, I came. Edited by BigNose

[quote name='BigNose']I just had a merge with one of my fighters and was [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQAmvKMGUko]going in for guns[/url], then I noticed the HUD symbology actually interacting with the gunsight and drawing a line from my nose to the sight for better deflection shooting! *.*

As a passionate DCS player, I came.[/QUOTE]

Heh that is actually part of BDArmory :P

[quote name='BahamutoD']Heh that is actually part of BDArmory :P[/QUOTE]

Really? Never noticed it before... duh.

[quote name='theend3r']Great work, as always. Any plans to integrate a radome and a targeting pod into the cockpit? No need for a separate parts, although they wouldn't hurt either. :D[/QUOTE]

Look at the front page, Baha posted a radar module for ppl who want to add that to the cockpit.

Oh, this is awesome! Is there any reason why the cockpit looks dark gray and very opaque, though? I don't think it looks bad really, just curious; I don't know enough about jet fighters as I probably should. Is it a design choice for the mod specifically or is it meant to reflect a characteristic of real life fourth-generation jet fighter cockpits?

[quote name='Atatra']loving the new cockpits, but is it possible to make a version of the intake type with a more sloped back to the cockpit? right now the very steep, almost swan neck back to it kinda bugs me.[/QUOTE]
Seconded, that's bugging me too.

Also: Heads up to anybody using "BDArmorySorting": It will disable the cockpits in this mod from showing up in the editor. Edited by InfiniteShock
BDASorting

[quote name='m4ti140']Are you planning to integrate the BDA panels into RPM so that they can be selected in MFDs?[/QUOTE]

iirc someone already suggested that and it was not possible for some reason, the way the screens need to interact with the plugin was causing problems. I may be totally wrong though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.