[1.1] BDynamics Mk22 Cockpits v1.1

BahamutoD

WIth BahamutoD's departure, I and the BDA Team, have assumed maintenance of many BDA Mods.  So,

New Mod Release:

BDMk22 Cockpit v1.1.1.0  The source can be found on Github.  The links are also available in the BDA Thread's OP under the Mod Directory.

v1.1.1 (first version published by Papa_Joe)
- KSP 1.1.3 compatibility
- Change of authors.  Restructured mod to fit standard mod distribution structure
- Restructured solution to automate build, deploy and distribution.
- Cleaned up code to enforce strict typing.

This is prerelease software and is UNTESTED in KSP 1.1.3.  Use at your own risk. 

Please refer bug reports to to the appropriate Github Issue tracker

Enjoy!

• 3 months later...
On 12/2/2015 at 4:41 PM, blowfish said:

You will need to provide an output log, as described here.  As a general rule, you should always provide ant output log when making a support request.

i think i found the issue.

in the .ctf under general parameters. the module = ComandPod should be changed to module = Part. i figured it out because it wasnt working so i looked at the stock cockpits to see if there was a diference. and sure enough that was the issue. i have mk22 working like a charm (i had to change hundreds of color value formats from [#--------] to <#-------> in many ASET models so the text would work but if you dont you just have to deal with all the numbers having the color tag displayed in the value.) it took me a while to get it working. that said i cant upload my files due to licenses and besides i am not done with tag changing.

only thing i cant get working is the H.U.D.

but im guessing all i need is an updated mk22 plugin. but im not sure yet.

5bVHAz8.png

GKXRxF3.png

fTpkuD8.png

Edited by airwolfpiskin
adding images

1 hour ago, airwolfpiskin said:

i think i found the issue.

in the .ctf under general parameters. the module = ComandPod should be changed to module = Part. i figured it out because it wasnt working so i looked at the stock cockpits to see if there was a diference. and sure enough that was the issue. i have mk22 working like a charm (i had to change hundreds of color value formats from [#--------] to <#-------> in many ASET models so the text would work but if you dont you just have to deal with all the numbers having the color tag displayed in the value.) it took me a while to get it working. that said i cant upload my files due to licenses and besides i am not done with tag changing.

only thing i cant get working is the H.U.D.

but im guessing all i need is an updated mk22 plugin. but im not sure yet.

5bVHAz8.png

GKXRxF3.png

fTpkuD8.png

Any chance you could link those color changed cfg files?

The HUD should require an updated version of RasterPropMonitor (RPM).  However, that may not be the only patch needed.  If it still doesn't work you'll need to check the IVA configs for obsolete entries.

15 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I know as recently as 1.1.* the module = Command_Pod (or whatever it is) still worked, as it provided some additional info on screen.

Also, double check the licenses, because this mod allows redistribution, as does ASET props, last I checked.

13 hours ago, Ruedii said:

The HUD should require an updated version of RasterPropMonitor (RPM).  However, that may not be the only patch needed.  If it still doesn't work you'll need to check the IVA configs for obsolete entries.

21 hours ago, V8jester said:

Any chance you could link those color changed cfg files?

it might be the iva configs i havent cheked nice call

idk if i can edit and THEN redistribute the files. it is a 2 mod package. maybe 3 mods actualy.

they added a subcategory thing so the module has to be part now i guess. idk all i know is that that tweak made them visible in the parts list and they were still in comand pods.

---update---

so i cheked it out and there are no obsolete files to my knowledge but i also cheked the license and i am allowed to upload the edit (with credit were it is due of course)

Edited by airwolfpiskin
update

3 hours ago, airwolfpiskin said:

it might be the iva configs i havent cheked nice call

idk if i can edit and THEN redistribute the files. it is a 2 mod package. maybe 3 mods actualy.

they added a subcategory thing so the module has to be part now i guess. idk all i know is that that tweak made them visible in the parts list and they were still in comand pods.

---update---

so i cheked it out and there are no obsolete files to my knowledge but i also cheked the license and i am allowed to upload the edit (with credit were it is due of course)

ok i spent 2 hours in my files and found nothing obsolete. i almost deleted the rpm hud that can be on the mdf so i will guess the problem is the hud plugin that comes in the mk22 mod. 

14 hours ago, airwolfpiskin said:

First thing, is that considering it's on GITHUB, you should probably use GitHub's mechanism to make a fork (or copy) of the project and edit it.

This way you can file a "Pull Request" to contribute back the changes so the authors can use the work if they want to, and other authors can work with you in the same manner.
It's kind of a nice way to do things.  You can also make a "Fork release" on your fork's page.

This is generally the preferred way to do things when the source is available on a collaberative development site like GitHub.

As a note, Github has integrated text editing tools and allows you upload updated copies of a few of the files.  You don't necessarily have to run Git.  If you do, you probably can find a module to use your favorite development environment to handle moving files between GitHub and your computer.

Hi all,

A new release of BDMk22 is available here:

https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDMk22Plugin/releases/tag/v1.1.2

However the IVA is showing wrong tags on some fields ( as some of you already mentioned). I have tried some suggestions from @Papa_Joe and others, but it didn't work :( 

Please if anyone knows how to fix it you are more than welcome to send a Pull Request to the repository.
Thanks in advance, and apologies for this inconvenient.

Edited by jrodriguez

On 20/11/2016 at 3:47 PM, jrodriguez said:

I have tried some suggestions from @Papa_Joe and others, but it didn't work :( 

On 16/11/2016 at 11:09 AM, airwolfpiskin said:

change hundreds of color value formats from [#--------] to <#-------> in many ASET models so the text would work

@airwolfpiskin suggestion didn't work?

Edited by Wolfair corp.

13 hours ago, Wolfair corp. said:

@airwolfpiskin Suggestion didn't work?

i will add just in case that i changed values of .txt files in things under the aset folder as well as he rpm folder.

and im not done yet.

honestly you should wait for aset to be updated as it has taken me ages to fix everything and as you can see by my last screenshots some things still don't work

Edited by airwolfpiskin

Awesome, that release solves every issue but the window gap. PoV seems fixed and the HUD is back.

So you know what I mean by window gap, here's a screenshot to assist in future bugfixing:

eBKjzpV.jpg

Notice the small band between the IVA's cockpit body and the window tint effect. Very minor bug but it can break immersion, heh.

EDIT: The colortags on the dial to the right of the HUD and most of the switches in the 2nd seat's perspective are broken in this version too

Edited by Scytale

On 11/27/2016 at 2:53 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

So I got something for you guys/gals .... Tested on Windows and Linux .... has been found to be working as expected AFAICT

Let us know if there are any issues

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDMk22Plugin/releases

i will try it out although all the files are missing indentation and genral style minor thing i will do rigorous testingOno21XP.png

and my life is back to normal thanks

Edited by airwolfpiskin

On 11/27/2016 at 10:13 PM, Scytale said:

Awesome, that release solves every issue but the window gap. PoV seems fixed and the HUD is back.

So you know what I mean by window gap, here's a screenshot to assist in future bugfixing:

eBKjzpV.jpg

Notice the small band between the IVA's cockpit body and the window tint effect. Very minor bug but it can break immersion, heh.

EDIT: The colortags on the dial to the right of the HUD and most of the switches in the 2nd seat's perspective are broken in this version too

yes that gap is here because ussualy there is a part there or something but even then in my screenshots you can clearly see it is there for some legths and when you lok around that (im going to call it the cockpit seal)

it canges position acorningly.

could be camera placement issue or model placement issue. it basically only shows up when its far enough from the camera 

check out my screenshots to see what i mean im not good at explaining it

but i dont get why it doesn't work at all on your game @Scytale

byR6KZ6.png

Ono21XP.png

Edited by airwolfpiskin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this supposed to be compatible with 1.2.2? The HUD doesn't seem to work at all for me. The missing "cockpit seal" (the gap between the glass and the fuselage on IVA) seems to me to be related to the near clip plane on the camera that renders the outside model from IVA, although I have no clue how to change that.

If someone handles upgrading this to run on KSP 1.2.2 (or explain to me what I'm doing wrong) I'm willing to go through the boring job of trying to correct all color tags.

4 hours ago, TGSAP said:

Is this supposed to be compatible with 1.2.2? The HUD doesn't seem to work at all for me. The missing "cockpit seal" (the gap between the glass and the fuselage on IVA) seems to me to be related to the near clip plane on the camera that renders the outside model from IVA, although I have no clue how to change that.

If someone handles upgrading this to run on KSP 1.2.2 (or explain to me what I'm doing wrong) I'm willing to go through the boring job of trying to correct all color tags.

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDMk22Plugin/releases

4 hours ago, TGSAP said:

Also there is an "unofficial" release of ASET props with the fixed color tags

http://spacedock.info/mod/1180/ASET Props - Community Edition

22 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

16 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Also there is an "unofficial" release of ASET props with the fixed color tags

http://spacedock.info/mod/1180/ASET Props - Community Edition

Thank you both very much for the assistance. I had downloaded it from the github repo DoctorDavinci indicated, but I had downloaded the latest commit (instead of the release). Furthermore, I had gotten ASET from the link on that release page (which has the wrong color tags and does not include ASET Avionics). I assume either the latest commits are not stable and I was foolish to download them or ASET Avionics is an undeclared dependency. In any case, it works now, and I am extremely grateful to you both.

Do any of you know if my hypothesis about the window gap on IVA is reasonable? I have experience with Unity but none with KSP modding. I looked at the configs and found nothing related to camera clip planes, so I'm not sure this is something that would be fixable with a MM patch or would require tinkering with the model in Unity. It definitely seems like a clip plane problem to me, but I don't know what the solution could be without having access to the IVA camera's clip planes for the outside model. I guess one could cut or copy that part of the outside model (which is not actually visible from outside the part anyway) and paste it into the interior model, and it would be shown in the IVA camera.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.