[1.3.1] Pood's OPM-VO (Outer Planets Mod - Visual Overhaul) [v0.3.5] [2017-09-23]

Poodmund

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 8:52 PM, Poodmund said:

On a different note, Tekto and Thatmo are getting a large second pass on their Scatterer configurations. They will look 10x as nice when transitioning from orbit to surface. Please be aware, however, there is an issue with Scatterer that is causing Null Refs so at this stage you may want to disable the Ocean Refraction setting in the Scatterer settings menu.

Is this what's causing the white ocean on Tekto?

• 3 weeks later...

This mod only affects Sarnus, Tekto, Urlum, Neidon and Thatmo, not any of the stock bodies. If you delete the whole mod folder (PoodsOPMVO) do the Spectra clouds reappear? If not, then it is not an issue with this mod. If they do, then please provide your KSP.log, output.txt and Modules manger.cache files so I can debug.

Can confirm, OPMVO does not work with Spectra. On load, it throws this error when attempting to load Tekto's clouds:

Spoiler

[LOG 17:11:27.949] [EVE CloudsManager]: Unable to parse config node:
OBJECT
{
    body = Tekto
    name = fogCloud
    settings
    {
        _Color = 160,255,200,80
        _MainTex
        {
            alphaMask = ALPHAMAP_G
            type = AlphaCubeMap
            value = PoodsOPMVO/Textures/cloud
        }
        _DetailTex
        {
            value = PoodsOPMVO/Textures/detailCloud
        }
    }
    layerVolume
    {
        rotationSpeed = 0.002
        maxTranslation = 100,200,100
        size = 4000,3
        particleMaterial
        {
            _MinScatter = 1.5
            _Opacity = 1.5
            _MinLight = 0.0
            _LightScatter = 0.55
            _InvFade = 0.008
            _Tex
            {
                value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/particle/rgb
            }
            _BumpMap
            {
                value = StockVisualEnhancements/Textures/particle/particle_NRM
            }
        }
    }
}

[LOG 17:11:27.952] EVEManager: Issue loading CloudsManager! Error:
UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to apply node! ---> UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to parse "layerVolume" in "OBJECT"! ---> UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to parse "particleMaterial" in "layerVolume"! ---> UnityEngine.UnityException: Unable to parse "_Tex" in "particleMaterial"!
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.Parse (System.Reflection.FieldInfo field, System.Object& obj, System.String[] value, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Utils.ConfigHelper.Parse (System.Reflection.FieldInfo field, System.Object& obj, System.String[] value, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsObject.LoadConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Atmosphere.CloudsManager.ApplyConfigNode (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.Apply () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GenericEVEManager`1[T].Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Setup (Boolean late) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This breaks clouds on all other bodies too (since EVE shuts down on encountering an error like this), and on removal of OPMVO everything is fine again. At a glance, it's trying to apply nonexistent SVE textures to OPMVO, despite SVE not being installed. On further testing, the SVE patch appears to be leaking with its NEEDS not working properly, hence it attempts to modify standard OPMVO even if SVE is not installed. Removing the SVE patch section fixed this.

I can confirm the above is true, Gameslinx actually notified me of this issue a couple of days ago. I'll look to add Spectra support in for the next release.

To fix this issue, as you say, remove the SVE patch out of the config.

• 3 weeks later...

It should do yes, as discussed above though if you use any pack other than SVE please delete the SVE specific patch out of the clouds.cfg file.

It should function fine but the transitions down from ScaledSpace to PQS range aren't refined with regards to the Scatterer profiles.

• 2 months later...

@Poodmund I've re-installed all the mods with a new CKAN as I deleted the history of the old CKAN due to complications. But now, I don't think the mod is even working for me even tho I have all the dependencies. And as you said 5 months ago, I should bring my log, but where is that log supposed to be?

1 hour ago, hanhan658 said:

@Poodmund I've re-installed all the mods with a new CKAN as I deleted the history of the old CKAN due to complications. But now, I don't think the mod is even working for me even tho I have all the dependencies. And as you said 5 months ago, I should bring my log, but where is that log supposed to be?

You can find where the log is located if you click the red “how to get support” button in my signature :) 

Edited by Galileo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I realise this is highly not recommended.

However as a status report...
Testing using KSP v1.4.2 and the just now released Kopernicus v1.4.2-1, OPM_Galileo v1.2.5 and Pood's OPM-VO v0.3.5 all might be working fine as long as scatterer is not installed. Installing scatterer kills off the outer planets clouds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this isn't updated for 1.4.x yet but I had two quick things to mention.  

1. OPM Clouds will work if on the main ksp menu Scatterer menu that pops up you deselect use with EVE and instead select draw clouds over EVE

2. for some reason even with this method none of the Outer Planet's moons will ever go into shadow behind the planets. 

Thanks for your work Poodmund, I love the clouds.

I'm using KSP 1.4.3 with Spectra 1.1.7, Scatterer 0.0331b, EVE 1.4.2.2, and OPM Galileo 2.2.1.  I've followed the thread above regarding cloud compatibility with Spectra and Scatterer.  I think I'm deleting the wrong section(s) of the clouds.cfg file in OPMVO to take out the SVE components.  Can more guidance on pruning the cfg or an alternate cfg file be posted here in the meantime?  Thanks again for keeping this mod going.

On 4/30/2018 at 12:25 PM, KSPrynk said:

I'm using KSP 1.4.3 with Spectra 1.1.7, Scatterer 0.0331b, EVE 1.4.2.2, and OPM Galileo 2.2.1.  I've followed the thread above regarding cloud compatibility with Spectra and Scatterer.  I think I'm deleting the wrong section(s) of the clouds.cfg file in OPMVO to take out the SVE components.  Can more guidance on pruning the cfg or an alternate cfg file be posted here in the meantime?  Thanks again for keeping this mod going.

I don't think the clouds.cfg edit works anymore.  Don't know what changed but I tried it and it doesn't appear to work.  Using latest versions of all the same mods as you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 4:45 PM, Tiankay said:

@Poodmund

Sorry for beeing "that guy", I am not asking "when" or trying to pressure you here. Just looking for clarity. Will this mod recieve an 1.4.X update or can we consider this abandoned?

Peace

TK

Honestly, lost a lot of interest in KSP but its never abandoned until you see a post from me saying this mod is abandoned. I just haven't had the enthusiasm to even boot up KSP and play at all since 1.3.1 hence why I have not updated this for my own gameplay.

4 hours ago, EndTraveler said:

about the licence: is it okay to post images using this mod? or does the licence mean that even posting pics using this mod are not allowed?

That is absolutely fine. Images, Photoshops, Stories, fan art... all those kind of things are absolutely fine. :D 

• 1 month later...

Hey; just like to note that OPMVO doesn't load up any Scatterer textures for Tekto when used with SVE/SVT (Tekto is displayed as the vanilla OPM planet, whereas the gas giants all utilise the correct textures).

Any ideas?

Edited by Diddly Feelerino

• 1 month later...

From your screenshots it shows that Scatterer for the Gas Giants are not working either. Its probably due to the Scatterer_planetsList -> scattererCelestialBodies patches are not working correctly for you. What other visual mods are you using?

For help, post up a link containing your ModuleManager cache file and KSP.log files, please.