[Invention] KGSS Continent Naming Committee

HOC

Where should Kerbin's Continents be?  

2,290 members have voted

1. 1. Where should Kerbin's Continents be?

• Map 1 (LOOK BELOW)
    • Map 2 (LOOK BELOW)
    • None of the above... or below.

CONTINENT NUMBER: 2

NAME: Hyperborea

REASON: From wikipedia - In Greek mythology the Hyperboreans were a mythical people who lived far to the north. Their land, called Hyperborea or Hyperboria — 'beyond the Boreas' — was perfect, with the sun shining twenty-four hours a day, which to modern ears suggests a possible location within the Arctic Circle.

i very much like this sugestion

@Radion: Thats a good start. I think the big red continent and the yellow can be split into two. Definately the red one. Less hung up over the yellow one. Purple can be a continent but I see it more of a chain of islands belonging to the polar region. New Zealand (google it) is an island off Australia (google that too), which is also an island, but New Zealand is not large enough to be considered a continent (no offence).

I live in New Zealand, and it is in the continent of Australasia (NOT Australia) which includes all Pacific islands excl. Hawaii and incl. Australia, so really the pacific is it\'s own continent. I think the islands should be their own continent like in real life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't know if voting helps much any more, but if it still matters I voted for 'none of the above', but basically this one...

8pKOp.jpg

But with continents four and five being one continent. OK, there is a mountain range across them, but it just seemed to be a nice prospect for a pseudo asia, ie bigger than the other continents. They don't all have to be the same size. Plus I think it just looks like that should be one continent. My opinion.

Plus for the name of it I like the name Doren from the Roleplay. Mainly as it seems short, similar in syllables to Kerbal names, and also sounds expansive despite being a short name. Good for a big continent.

Edited by Patupi
Extraneous 'L'

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is 5 years old, and the landmasses have changed, but here's mine (Since the continents have changed in shape, and the Itaalic Isthmus is gone (it was another suggestion), I had to do it from scratch:

OpeBRqN.jpg

I'm really bored and have nothing to do, as you can clearly see

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.