Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

@Sigma88 Following up from my post a little bit ago, I rebooted into Linux, changed my SD settings, and fired up 1.0.5. SD created new cache files for the updated settings. Then rebooted back into Windows, copied the new cached content to my 1.1 folder. I'm currently in the tracking station and all looks just fine. So if I was a betting man I'd say maybe something wrong with the generation of the cache files?

@davidy12 @thunder175

A bug has been found in kopernicus, basically the cache file for planets with an ocean fails to generate. From thunder report I guess that if you manage to generate the cache file in 1.0.5 you can then use it in 1.1

I have already notified @Thomas P. about the bug, I will suggest you to keep an eye on kopernicus thread so you can see if there are news on the matter

I have released Sigma Dimensions v0.4.3

This version is designed for being compatible with KSP 1.0.5

Right now kopernicus for KSP1.1 has some issues so I will need to wait for another release (or a hotfix) to check how SD is doing in 1.1

I also reworked the OP, now it's a bit nicer

Edited by Sigma88

52 minutes ago, nebuchadnezzar said:

With the 1.01 update for  kopernicus, it seems that Sigma Dimensions is working correctly in 1.1. I haven't done a lot of testing, but KSP starts without any issue and the rescale is working. 

Do you mean the Dev-release or the stable release of the SD is working with Kopernicus?

Does anyone know how to make the days and hours to count from a midnight, instead of a midday physical position for the KSC on the Kerbin surface (for the "dayLengthMultiplier = 4" case) ?

6 hours ago, Ja222 said:

Do you mean the Dev-release or the stable release of the SD is working with Kopernicus?

The SD v0.4.3 and the Kopernicus1.0.1 ones are working great for 1.1 (as I can tell from my tests).

14 hours ago, quadro7f said:

Does anyone know how to make the days and hours to count from a midnight, instead of a midday physical position for the KSC on the Kerbin surface (for the "dayLengthMultiplier = 4" case) ?

The SD v0.4.3 and the Kopernicus1.0.1 ones are working great for 1.1 (as I can tell from my tests).

I believe the initialRotation needs to be set one and a half hours back.

14 hours ago, quadro7f said:

10 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

RA3236 is right, that's the parameter you need to change, keep in mind that stock kerbin has:

initialRotation = 90

2 hours ago, RA3236 said:

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

RA3236 is right, that's the parameter you need to change, keep in mind that stock kerbin has:

initialRotation = 90

awww, thank you!

I did add that string into SD's "Kerbin.cfg" under the "%Properties" with value "initialRotation = 257.7" (the perfect midnight, according to my tests) and the global clock is now linked with an actual day/nigh at KSC, so the time looks and makes a perfect sense in game now.

With all those settings, the Sunrise now starts at 6:00. The official morning time (when you hit that "Warp to next morning" blue button is now exacly at 7:00 (for a 257.7 value), and the sunset is at 18:00.

And all this keeps stable ^^

Just now, quadro7f said:

awww, thank you!

I did add that string into SD's "Kerbin.cfg" under the "%Properties" with value "initialRotation = 257.7" (the perfect midnight, according to my tests) and the global clock is now linked with an actual day/nigh at KSC, so the time looks and makes a perfect sense in game now.

With all those settings, the Sunrise now starts at 6:00. The official morning time (when you hit that "Warp to next morning" blue button is now exacly at 7:00 (for a 257.7 value), and the sunset is at 18:00.

And all this keeps stable ^^

my suggestion for you would be to create a new .cfg file and save it in GameData with this content:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		@Properties
		{
			initialRotation = 257.7
		}
	}
}

so you don't lose the change when another SD version gets released

On 23/4/2016 at 11:19 PM, nebuchadnezzar said:

With the 1.01 update for  kopernicus, it seems that Sigma Dimensions is working correctly in 1.1. I haven't done a lot of testing, but KSP starts without any issue and the rescale is working. 

5 minutes ago, MatterBeam said:

I'd like to comment that SD works perfectly in 1.1 with the latest Kopernicus.

It's mostly compatible yes, I need to change the rescale of asteroids but that's it as far as I know.

Hi @Sigma88, I was having a look at the changelog for 0.4.3 and it mentions Kerbal Konstructs compatability. I've just started a new save with KK and Kerbinside but the parts are still spread out. Is SD not completely compatible yet, or is there something missing/ I've done something wrong on my end?

2 minutes ago, Chimer4 said:

Hi @Sigma88, I was having a look at the changelog for 0.4.3 and it mentions Kerbal Konstructs compatability. I've just started a new save with KK and Kerbinside but the parts are still spread out. Is SD not completely compatible yet, or is there something missing/ I've done something wrong on my end?

the compatibility fixes the altitude of the konstructs, not the latitude/longitude.

I have no way of knowing how to move the parts since each one is a separate entity.

I have already talked to the KK devs and a solution would be to define the position of all pieces relative to a central "block" so that no matter the scale they will always be the same distance from each other, but there's nothing that can be done about that in SD

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

the compatibility fixes the altitude of the konstructs, not the latitude/longitude.

I have no way of knowing how to move the parts since each one is a separate entity.

I have already talked to the KK devs and a solution would be to define the position of all pieces relative to a central "block" so that no matter the scale they will always be the same distance from each other, but there's nothing that can be done about that in SD

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification

Hey Sigma, I've been watching your mod for a while now and just now decided to try it out. I read through most of the posts on this forum, but I have a problem that doesn't seem to be here. My scatters are not re-scaling when using the scattersize tool in the config file. I have my kerbol system scaled up by 10x, and did the whole atmosphere thing, but the ground scatter on kerbin is WAAY too big. The trees must be at least two hundred meters tall and 20 meters wide. mvzEo6G

http://imgur.com/mvzEo6G

A kerbal and a Basic Jet Craft are circled in red, they are only a dozen meters away from the 'tree'.

My config has the scatter set to 0.01 times size and in-game scatters set to 20% density, but i've tinkered around with different numbers, and apparently this is sitting at 100% scatter density and like 100x the size. It should be noted that there are NO scatters anywhere near KSC and that to find these scatters i pretty much flew to the mountains.

16 minutes ago, secretly_asian said:

Hey Sigma, I've been watching your mod for a while now and just now decided to try it out. I read through most of the posts on this forum, but I have a problem that doesn't seem to be here. My scatters are not re-scaling when using the scattersize tool in the config file. I have my kerbol system scaled up by 10x, and did the whole atmosphere thing, but the ground scatter on kerbin is WAAY too big. The trees must be at least two hundred meters tall and 20 meters wide. mvzEo6G

http://imgur.com/mvzEo6G

A kerbal and a Basic Jet Craft are circled in red, they are only a dozen meters away from the 'tree'.

My config has the scatter set to 0.01 times size and in-game scatters set to 20% density, but i've tinkered around with different numbers, and apparently this is sitting at 100% scatter density and like 100x the size. It should be noted that there are NO scatters anywhere near KSC and that to find these scatters i pretty much flew to the mountains.

hmmm, if I recall correctly the "resizeScatter" parameter is not a multiplier,

it can only be 1 or 0 (zero)

if it's 1, the trees will be rescaled by the Resize parameter

if it's 0, the trees will not be rescaled and maintain their stock size

if it's any other number, the number will reset to the default value, which is 1

so try setting resizeScatter = 0 and see what happens

10 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

hmmm, if I recall correctly the "resizeScatter" parameter is not a multiplier,

it can only be 1 or 0 (zero)

if it's 1, the trees will be rescaled by the Resize parameter

if it's 0, the trees will not be rescaled and maintain their stock size

if it's any other number, the number will reset to the default value, which is 1

so try setting resizeScatter = 0 and see what happens

Okay that was it, I thought it was a multiplier but i guess I read it wrong. Although, now that i've been around ginormous trees, the stock trees are underwhelming. Where's the middle ground? Maybe when you get the time you could add that in :D Cheers!

19 minutes ago, secretly_asian said:

Okay that was it, I thought it was a multiplier but i guess I read it wrong. Although, now that i've been around ginormous trees, the stock trees are underwhelming. Where's the middle ground? Maybe when you get the time you could add that in :D Cheers!

sure I'll take a look, but scatter resize is a pain and not very mathematical to be honest... but I'll see what I can do :D

Just now, Sigma88 said:

sure I'll take a look, but scatter resize is a pain and not very mathematical to be honest... but I'll see what I can do :D

Well you ARE the modder, I know as much about programming as a toddler knows integral calculus. 

Something I forgot to mention, with my x10 kerbol system, the solar "flare" from scatterer is proportionally smaller because kerbin is now 'farther' away from the sun. I'm not sure whether that's something you could address or the creator of scatterer could address, but it takes away from the mod because when i look up all i see is a fumbly yellow-orange smudge.

6 minutes ago, secretly_asian said:

Well you ARE the modder, I know as much about programming as a toddler knows integral calculus. 

Something I forgot to mention, with my x10 kerbol system, the solar "flare" from scatterer is proportionally smaller because kerbin is now 'farther' away from the sun. I'm not sure whether that's something you could address or the creator of scatterer could address, but it takes away from the mod because when i look up all i see is a fumbly yellow-orange smudge.

I cannot edit scatterer configs with module manager, so you need to edit them by hand one by one :D

have fun! (hehe)

2 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I cannot edit scatterer configs with module manager, so you need to edit them by hand one by one :D

have fun! (hehe)

As mentioned before, I suck at this kind of stuff. If you'd be so kind to point me in the right direction :confused:

1 minute ago, secretly_asian said:

As mentioned before, I suck at this kind of stuff. If you'd be so kind to point me in the right direction :confused:

I don't really know anything about scatterer configs, when I found out that they are not editable with module manager I lost all interest in learning how they work.

I think the best bet would be to ask to the scatterer guys. :)