Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

1 minute ago, _Augustus_ said:

I use this with OPM and even when I adjust the ring rescale parameter the rings aren't rescaled correctly.

what I need:

1. Screenshot
  2. module manager cache file
  3. Logs folder found in the KSP installation directory
  4. KSP.log found in the KSP installation directory
  5. a definition of what "rescaled correctly" means for you

Just now, Sigma88 said:

what I need:

1. Screenshot
  2. module manager cache file
  3. Logs folder found in the KSP installation directory
  4. KSP.log found in the KSP installation directory
  5. a definition of what "rescaled correctly" means for you

I have deleted the cache multiple times. Basically I am trying to rescale the orbits by 6.4 and the sizes by 3.2, and even when I set custom ring size they are 6.4x as big and look ugly.

2 minutes ago, _Augustus_ said:

I have deleted the cache multiple times. Basically I am trying to rescale the orbits by 6.4 and the sizes by 3.2, and even when I set custom ring size they are 6.4x as big and look ugly.

sorry, probably I didn't explain myself correctly :D

in order for me to give you any kind of suppor I would need to see what your bug looks like

so you will need to send me a screenshot

then I need to see what there is in the modulemanager cache to check if some of my configs is doing something wrong, so you'll need to send me that file as well

I will also need to check if Kopernicus is giving out any kind of errors in the KSP.log file and Logs folder, otherwise I cannot understand the issue properly

Just now, Sigma88 said:

in order for me to give you any kind of suppor I would need to see what your bug looks like

then I need to see what there is in the modulemanager cache to check if some of my configs is doing something wrong, so you'll need to send me that file as well

I will also need to check if Kopernicus is giving out any kind of errors in the KSP.log file and Logs folder, otherwise I cannot understand the issue properly

Will do.

17 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Here: http://imgur.com/PQgD4pB https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByvWODTd6MSiMVkzMnRvRkdsZnM https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByvWODTd6MSiMnZWODBOT0sxQzg

3 minutes ago, _Augustus_ said:

one piece missing to solve the puzzle, the module manager cache file

you can find it inside the GameData folder

(if you don't have it, it means there is some kind of error going on)

3 minutes ago, _Augustus_ said:

ah yes, I see the problem.

when you use CustomRingSize the ring size will be multiplied by "CustomRingSize" and then multiplied by "Resize"

I will change it in the next release, because it makes more sense to have it multiplied directly by the "CustomRingSize".

in the meantime, set "CustomRingSize = 1"

this should give you the result you want

I would think this would be a more common question but I can't seem to find an answer. Does rescaling the system rescale existing vessel orbits so you don't bury them inside a planet?

Specifically wondering about KScale2 and KScale64.

Edited by curiousepic

3 minutes ago, curiousepic said:

I would think this would be a more common question but I can't seem to find an answer. Does rescaling the system rescale existing vessel orbits so you don't bury them inside a planet?

Specifically wondering about KScale2 and KScale64.

No, it doesn't touch save files.  You don't want to rescale the solar system on an existing save.

11 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

There is an issue when using KSC Switcher in SSRSS. It does not happen in regular RSS. There is something with the setKSCSwitcher.cfg in Sigma Dimensions.

Log: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B4AFFF9E93C1F333!1075&authkey=!AEpLMx7QDFnU7EE&ithint=file%2ctxt

kCpPLsi.png

that's an issue in one of the SSRSS configs, it looks like there's a value that should be a number but instead is "80E"

@sDaZe you should find that value in one of the kscswitcher patches of your mod :wink:

11 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

that's an issue in one of the SSRSS configs, it looks like there's a value that should be a number but instead is "80E"

You were right. The Launchsites.cfg had line saying heightMapDeformity = 80E
I edited it to 80 as all the other lines had it. All worked well without any errors on the loading screen.

Pinging @sDaZe

6 hours ago, blowfish said:

No, it doesn't touch save files.  You don't want to rescale the solar system on an existing save.

Welp, I did so safely by hyperediting the orbits of craft in danger (that said, it was only one, in LKO).

9 minutes ago, curiousepic said:

Welp, I did so safely by hyperediting the orbits of craft in danger (that said, it was only one, in LKO).

when you have a handfull of ships hyperedit should work fine :)

landed stuff might get messed up a bit, so maybe make sure you have backups, just in case :D

5 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

You were right. The Launchsites.cfg had line saying heightMapDeformity = 80E
I edited it to 80 as all the other lines had it. All worked well without any errors on the loading screen.

Pinging @sDaZe

5 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@sDaZe you should find that value in one of the kscswitcher patches of your mod :wink:

Thanks! :D 

New Pre-Release Available for testing

I am working on a pretty big update to Sigma Dimensions and since it takes a lot of time to test a mod like this one, I decided to publish a pre-release so that anyone can test it and give feedback

you can find it here:

SigmaDimensions v0.5.0.1

I apreciate any feedback, there are no major changes, only internal stuff. But if you are using a planet pack that doesn't seem to be compatible please report it so I can check if there is an error in my code.

A big "Thank You" to anyone who will take the time to try this :)

Edited by Sigma88

Ok, I think I found a game-breaking bug. I applied the following settings to the main settings file:

// Base Settings

SigmaDimensions
{
	Resize = 5.098
	Rescale = 1
	Atmosphere = 2.6
	dayLengthMultiplier = 1
}

// Advanced Settings

@SigmaDimensions
{
	geeASLmultiplier = 0.4
	landscape = 0.7
	atmoVisualEffect = 0.5
	resizeScatter = 0
	CustomSoISize = 0
	CustomRingSize = 0
	atmoASL = 0.6
	tempASL = 1.0
	scanAltitude = 1
}

As well as the individual settings for Kerbol to return it to stock size (default values across the board)

However, the atmoASL didn't work correctly, and what I got was vacuum at sea level. The atmosphere only starts at around 4000-5000 meters with pressure of about 0.5 bar. Below that there is no atmosphere at all - the pressure readings show IN VACUUM and one can see stars through the atmosphere effect (which disappear as you reach the atmosphere).

The logs and the cache are below. No other mods installed, running latest stable build of SD (not the dev one), Kopernicus 1.0.4, Latest MM, 1.1.2 32bit, DX9 mode, high terrain settings (if it even matters).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qx97svq6c0uysun/AACxaoMka3H7G8O9s9QLPwPna?dl=0

Edited by m4ti140

1 hour ago, m4ti140 said:

Ok, I think I found a game-breaking bug. I applied the following settings to the main settings file:

// Base Settings

SigmaDimensions
{
	Resize = 5.098
	Rescale = 1
	Atmosphere = 2.6
	dayLengthMultiplier = 1
}

// Advanced Settings

@SigmaDimensions
{
	geeASLmultiplier = 0.4
	landscape = 0.7
	atmoVisualEffect = 0.5
	resizeScatter = 0
	CustomSoISize = 0
	CustomRingSize = 0
	atmoASL = 0.6
	tempASL = 1.0
	scanAltitude = 1
}

As well as the individual settings for Kerbol to return it to stock size (default values across the board)

However, the atmoASL didn't work correctly, and what I got was vacuum at sea level. The atmosphere only starts at around 4000-5000 meters with pressure of about 0.5 bar. Below that there is no atmosphere at all - the pressure readings show IN VACUUM and one can see stars through the atmosphere effect (which disappear as you reach the atmosphere).

The logs and the cache are below. No other mods installed, running latest stable build of SD (not the dev one), Kopernicus 1.0.4, Latest MM, 1.1.2 32bit, DX9 mode, high terrain settings (if it even matters).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qx97svq6c0uysun/AACxaoMka3H7G8O9s9QLPwPna?dl=0

I'll take a look asap :)

thanks for reporting

PS: could you post "the individual settings for Kerbol to return it to stock size (default values across the board)"

Edited by Sigma88

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim]
{
	@Body:HAS[#name[Sun]]
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[0] = 1
	}
}
{
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[1] = 1
	}
}
{
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[2] = 1
	}
}
{
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[3] = 1
	}
}
{
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[4] = 1
	}
}
{
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[5] = 1
	}
}
{
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[6] = 1
	}
}
{
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[7] = 1
	}
}
{
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[8] = 0
	}
}
{
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[9] = 0
	}
}
{
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[10] = 1
	}
}
{
	{
		@PlanetDimensions[11] = 1
	}
}

@m4ti140 Oh man this is incredible

good job on those parameters! :D

I got distracted took me a while to get back to you...

the bug is my fault, it'll be fixed in the next SD release, in the meantime you can use this fix.cfg (put it anywhere in GameData, but remember to delete it when you will update to the next SD)

I would also suggest you to change the daylenghtmultiplier, 1 seems a little too low. try square root of the Resize

Since this might prove useful for others... if you're playing with a 6.4x Resize and can abide a slightly larger Rescale, use a Rescale value of 7.834784327285280 to make 1 Kerbin year = 1 Earth year. Now you can enable the Earth time settings and have things make sense (obviously, also set dayLengthMultiplier to 4 so that 1 Kerbin day = 1 Earth day).