Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

On 2016-10-27 at 10:20 PM, Eklykti said:

Linux file systems are all case sensitive, and there are no exceptions related to Kopernicus and no visible issues except the atmosphere height. So it must be something else.

I'm not having issues with atmo.  That seems to be working.  What I am seeing is null references for resized stock bodies.  I'm trying to narrow it down within Kopernicus source.

2 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

@Sandworm did you do anything special other than just putting in the values in the settings file? I'm having issues on my testing game with atmosphere rescale.

In the end I settled for the stock atmo.  It isn't great, but on a 6.4x kerbin you still need around ~8000dv for a low orbit.  The best profile is  SpaceX-style, more up than sideways until over 40km.  Frankly, I'm waiting for FAR to update before putting too much effort into atmospheres.

Whoa, this is a really cool project. I didn't even know this existed. I've often thought I should do a 2x rescale with all stockalike parts for just a bit more of a challenge, but getting that setup has always been fraught with trouble. This looks much easier (for me at least).  :)

@DJ Reonic @Sandworm 

I'm not sure which errors you are having.

were you using the "newDimensions" branch? or one of the releases?

because I've just loaded the newDimensions branch and it works out of the box

nevermind, I see that the atmosphere is not rescaling, but that's not my fault. it's module manager that isn't doing what it should :D

I'll try to put together a workaround for the time being, untill I get an answer on whether the feature I was using has been removed from MM or if it's just a bug

Edited by Sigma88

Sigma Dimensions v0.6.0

updated to the new KSP and Kopernicus,

Big overhaul patch, the mod is now ready for a proper v1.0 Release

I will leave it here in the development forums for a bit, so that you guys have time to test it.

Let me know if you find any bugs!

BEWARE: 

This mod requires the latest version of ModuleManager (2.7.3) get it here.

all the links are available in the OP

If you want to follow the development of my mods:  Sigma88Mods&style=social

If you want to buy me a cup of coffee:  iSFDI5f.png r8916yD.png 

This mod would not be possible without the work of:

- @sarbian (ModuleManager)    Donate to Sarbian here: btn_donate_SM.gif
- @Thomas P. (Kopernicus)    Donate to Thomas here: btn_donate_SM.gif

Changelog:

v0.6.0

- Updated to KSP 1.2.1 and Kopernicus 1.2.1-1
- Overhauled almost all the internal configs
- Added support for name based PQSMod deletion
- Added support for name based PQSMod modification
- Added an option to ignore 'landscape' for some PQSMods
- Simplified syntax for planet specific changes
- Updated Kittopia Exports and moved these files in a PluginData folder
- Fixed behaviour of parameter 'atmoASL'
- Fixed behaviour of parameter 'tempASL'
- AtmosphereFromGround no longer depends on parameter 'Atmosphere'
- Fixed SCANsat compatibility
Edited by Sigma88

22 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@DJ Reonic @Sandworm 

I'm not sure which errors you are having.

were you using the "newDimensions" branch? or one of the releases?

because I've just loaded the newDimensions branch and it works out of the box

nevermind, I see that the atmosphere is not rescaling, but that's not my fault. it's module manager that isn't doing what it should :D

I'll try to put together a workaround for the time being, untill I get an answer on whether the feature I was using has been removed from MM or if it's just a bug

It's the same with newDimensions and all the latest releases.

My problem, and I suspect other Linux/Mac users are in the same boat, isn't with SigmaDimensions directly.  Kopernicus has a bug.  It doesn't properly create a Kerbin.bin file when it builds the cache directory.  That can be rectified by inserting a dummy file, a copy-rename of one of the other planets.  Kopernicus can then edit this file all it wants and everything runs perfectly without exceptions..  The issue is in its creation ... which is why I think this is a simple typo.  As windows users seem unaffected, I suspect a capitalization error (Windows file structures generally are not case-sensitive).  I saw this sort of problem before with the 64k mod.  At that time it was all the .bin files in the cache and the solution was to pull an old cache directory from a previous install.

The problem is that SigmaDimensions creates new directories for each rescale and terrain resize, requiring a new Kerbin.bin be inserted manually for each.  It isn't a big deal and my solution works for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hv4y6bk97q9bzra/KSP.log

Relevant portions imho

[EXC 14:32:18.704] Exception: "Kerbin" not found.
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds)
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode[Loader] (.ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds)
    Kopernicus.Injector.Awake ()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(Int32)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
	[...]
	[EXC 14:33:09.802] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate ()
[EXC 14:33:09.816] InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    System.Linq.Enumerable.First[StarComponent] (IEnumerable`1 source)
    Kopernicus.StarLightSwitcher.Update ()
[EXC 14:33:09.816] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GalaxyCubeControl.Update ()
[EXC 14:33:09.822] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I don't like saying it, but as the linux builds of 1.1.x were horrible and remained so for so many months, there aren't nearly as many people playing KSP on linux/mac these days.  I doubt more than a handful are reading this.

Edited by Sandworm

@Sandworm when kopernicus finds a .bin file it doesn't overwrite it. it loads that one.

SigmaDimensions needs to change the .bin file directory for that reason, to generate a new .bin file that reflects the new shape of the planet

I tried on windows and the cache file is generated correctly, I suggest you open an issue on github and upload the logs there

thomas is pretty busy, so that's the best way you have to make sure he sees the bug report

11 minutes ago, Walker said:

@Sigma88 Thank you for the update and great work! One question: does resizeing affect CommNet ranges? Or should I play with CommNet options in difficulty settings?

For now I did not look at commnets

I don't even know if they can be changed via cfg.

I'll look into that

Oh, now I'm having that exceptions too. Probably why it worked before is that I got my SigDim install from a previous 1.1.3 KSP version and the cache files were already there.

The first one related seems to be:

[EXC 17:18:14.320] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
        Kopernicus.Configuration.AtmosphereLoader.get_lightColor ()
        System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
        Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
        System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
        System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetValue (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] index, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
        System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object[] index)
        Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds)
        UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
        Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode(MemberInfo, Object, ConfigNode, Boolean)
        Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode(Object, ConfigNode, Boolean)
        Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:CreateObjectFromConfigNode(Type, ConfigNode, Boolean)
        Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode(MemberInfo, Object, ConfigNode, Boolean)
        Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode(Object, ConfigNode, Boolean)
        Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader:Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply(ConfigNode)
        Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:CreateObjectFromConfigNode(ConfigNode, Boolean)
        Kopernicus.Injector:Awake()
        UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

And then:

[EXC 17:18:28.725] Exception: "Kerbin" not found.
        Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node)
        Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds)
        Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode[Loader] (.ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds)

Looking at the cache directory, Kerbin and Mun files seem to be missing as compared to previous install.

Old install has:

Bop.bin  Dres.bin  Duna.bin  Eeloo.bin  Eve.bin  Gilly.bin  Ike.bin  Jool.bin  Kerbin.bin  Laythe.bin  Minmus.bin  Moho.bin  Mun.bin  Pol.bin  Sun.bin  Tylo.bin  Vall.bin

And the new one has only:

Bop.bin  Dres.bin  Duna.bin  Eeloo.bin  Eve.bin  Gilly.bin  Ike.bin  Jool.bin  Laythe.bin  Minmus.bin  Moho.bin  Pol.bin  Sun.bin  Tylo.bin  Vall.bin

Edited by Eklykti

Sigma Dimensions v0.6.1

Just a small hotfix for AtmosphereFromGround

Thanks to @Galileo for reporting the bug

all the links are available in the OP

If you want to follow the development of my mods:  Sigma88Mods&style=social

If you want to buy me a cup of coffee:  iSFDI5f.png r8916yD.png 

This mod would not be possible without the work of:

- sarbian (ModuleManager)    Donate to Sarbian here: btn_donate_SM.gif
- Thomas P. (Kopernicus)    Donate to Thomas here: btn_donate_SM.gif

Changelog:

v0.6.1

- Fixed AtmosphereFromGround resize
Edited by Sigma88

Not sure whether to report this to SigmaDimensions or Kopernicus.  On Linux, fresh KSP 1.2.1 with:

CKAN:

Kopernicus 1.2.1-1

ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.2

Module Manager 2.7.3

Manual:

SigmaDimensions 0.6.1

Rescale doesn't work, KSP.log has this when I load main menu:

[EXC 22:05:15.035] Exception: "Kerbin" not found.

then tons of spam:

[EXC 22:05:17.516] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

For a full log, here is " head -n 4000 KSP.log | tail -n 1000 | pastebinit -b sprunge.us "
http://sprunge.us/hcMB

I am not sure if this is the same problem reported by others.

3 hours ago, lordcirth said:

Not sure whether to report this to SigmaDimensions or Kopernicus.  On Linux, fresh KSP 1.2.1 with:

CKAN:

Kopernicus 1.2.1-1

ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.2

Module Manager 2.7.3

Manual:

SigmaDimensions 0.6.1

Rescale doesn't work, KSP.log has this when I load main menu:

[EXC 22:05:15.035] Exception: "Kerbin" not found.

then tons of spam:

[EXC 22:05:17.516] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

For a full log, here is " head -n 4000 KSP.log | tail -n 1000 | pastebinit -b sprunge.us "
http://sprunge.us/hcMB

I am not sure if this is the same problem reported by others.

Yup, known kopernicus-linux bug.

I have no idea how to fix that sorry

Would you be able to add the capability to scale ground textures? I noticed that i manually have to change all of the tiling values to x10 of whatever value i have set in order for it to look right

EDIT: Actually i dont know what is happening. for one planet it needs to be adjusted x10 for another it doesnt.. ill play around with it some more before i pop off anymore assumptions

Edited by Galileo

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

Would you be able to add the capability to scale ground textures? I noticed that i manually have to change all of the tiling values to x10 of whatever value i have set in order for it to look right

EDIT: Actually i dont know what is happening. for one planet it needs to be adjusted x10 for another it doesnt.. ill play around with it some more before i pop off anymore assumptions

SD should do it

for which planet is it not working?

- - -

nope, bad memory, SD isn't touching that atm

I'll add an option, could you tell me which values have to be changed?

- - -

nope again, bad memory ^2

SD actually changes the ground textures:

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/blob/26d57aa6da409e159a13d564c6eee3d07effffea/GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/resizePQSMods.cfg#L7-L28

but it doesn't change tiling, only TexStart / TexEnd

do you think it should resize the tiling as well?

@Galileo

could you make a screenshot comparing a resized body with the tiling left normal  and one with the tiling resized, to see where the difference is?

thanks

Edited by Sigma88

6 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

do you think it should resize the tiling as well?

@Galileo

could you make a screenshot comparing a resized body with the tiling left normal  and one with the tiling resized, to see where the difference is?

thanks

yes

give me a few min and ill take some pics

6 minutes ago, Galileo said:

yes

give me a few min and ill take some pics

thanks

I can't remember why I decided to not resize them. if it's clearly obvious they should be resized I will just add them to the list of stuff to resize

if it's a matter of taste, I'll consider adding an option to turn the resize ON/OFF

19 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

thanks

I can't remember why I decided to not resize them. if it's clearly obvious they should be resized I will just add them to the list of stuff to resize

if it's a matter of taste, I'll consider adding an option to turn the resize ON/OFF

that wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Here are the values that need to be changed when rescaling the ground textures

steepNearTiling = *
steepTiling = *

lowNearTiling = *
lowMultiFactor = *
lowNearTiling = *
lowMultiFactor = *

midNearTiling = *
midMultiFactor = *
midBumpNearTiling = *
midBumpFarTiling = *