Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

Is there some working Stock Rescale configs? Or ways to make old configs work. I was googled that quastion anf found some config on Reddit, but it not working for me.

(Instaled: Kopernicus latest builds. Game ver 1.4.2)

P.S.: I understand, that it may not work, coas I do sometyhing worng. But cant found the right way by myself.

Edited by macenkodenis

1 hour ago, macenkodenis said:

Is there some working Stock Rescale configs? Or ways to make old configs work. I was googled that quastion anf found some config on Reddit, but it not working for me.

(Instaled: Kopernicus latest builds. Game ver 1.4.2)

P.S.: I understand, that it may not work, coas I do sometyhing worng. But cant found the right way by myself.

Rescale works fine 

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/163965-131-rescale-comprehensive-sd-configs-1028-03-dec-2017/

• 2 weeks later...

I tried rescale 1.0.2.8 on a GPP install with KSP v1.4.3

The loading screen and Log file shows an error in 6.4xKSP.cfg:

%Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]:NEEDS[scatterer]
{
	%Body:HAS[@Template:HAS[#name[Sun]]]
	{
		%ScaledVersion
		{
			%Light
			{
				%sunLensFlareColor = 0,0,0,0
			}
		}
	}
}

That "%" in the first lines causes a conflict with MM, I'd guess.

3 hours ago, New Horizons said:

I tried rescale 1.0.2.8 on a GPP install with KSP v1.4.3

The loading screen and Log file shows an error in 6.4xKSP.cfg:

%Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]:NEEDS[scatterer]
{
	%Body:HAS[@Template:HAS[#name[Sun]]]
	{
		%ScaledVersion
		{
			%Light
			{
				%sunLensFlareColor = 0,0,0,0
			}
		}
	}
}

That "%" in the first lines causes a conflict with MM, I'd guess.

It does and I haven’t fixed it. I don’t even know why I have that in there, but this is a Rescale issue, not a Sigma Dimensions issue. This thread is no longer being monitored anyway 

• 2 months later...
On 8/2/2018 at 3:55 PM, Nightside said:

It seems like nothing happened. I wasn’t sure if it was a problem with my configs being out of date 

FWIW I tried 2.5x in GEP Primary with Kopernicus 1.4.5-2. The gross changes were correct (planet size, atmosphere height, orbit size) but there were problems with the terrain occluding parts of the KSC, including a portion of the runway.  It's my understanding that something changed in the PQS realm with 1.4.5, so this would appear to be consistent.

Edited by Norcalplanner

@Sigma88 Hello! I have a quick question. I want some stock planets resized a bit, some resized more and some leaved with stock values. So... Is it possible with Sigma Dimensions to resize each planet individually, not the all in same proportion? Thx!

On 8/10/2018 at 1:11 AM, ZobrAA said:

@Sigma88 Hello! I have a quick question. I want some stock planets resized a bit, some resized more and some leaved with stock values. So... Is it possible with Sigma Dimensions to resize each planet individually, not the all in same proportion? Thx!

it is possible to set custom parameters for every planet using the "planet specific syntax"

more info here

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using SD and ReScale to create a 2.5x system. Now the clocks aren't matching in various places. Kronometer fixes some mod's clocks, but not others.

What if I just changed the day length in SD either back to 6 hours or up to 24 hours so the game could use one of it's standard time settings? Would this work? Would I break anything else or would the planet just spin faster/slower?

On 8/4/2018 at 9:04 PM, Norcalplanner said:

FWIW I tried 2.5x in GEP Primary with Kopernicus 1.4.5-2. The gross changes were correct (planet size, atmosphere height, orbit size) but there were problems with the terrain occluding parts of the KSC, including a portion of the runway.  It's my understanding that something changed in the PQS realm with 1.4.5, so this would appear to be consistent.

I have the same problem. Terrain is black around the KSC.

• 4 weeks later...

On 9/10/2018 at 10:15 AM, Cheesecake said:

Do you have Stock Visual Terrain installed?  I had that installed briefly and saw the black terrain, I uninstalled it and no more.  So I think it's an issue with that or a conflict of some sort.

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, Cheesecake said:

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:56 PM, blowfish said:

Do you have Stock Visual Terrain installed?  I had that installed briefly and saw the black terrain, I uninstalled it and no more.  So I think it's an issue with that or a conflict of some sort.

Since no one has replied, see here:

Posted the fix at the end there, see the edit about replacing :FOR[SVT] with :FOR[rSVT] so SVT loads before Sigma Dimensions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! I'm having problems with either Sigma or the Environmental Visual Enhancements mod. Kerbin is fine. But Jool, Duna and Eve are pretty broken. Their cloud layers are way out in space, and Jool's clouds are a separate sphere of its own by Jools side. Are planets and moons other than Kerbin not being rescaled or is EVE reacting poorly to Sigma? (Btw im on version 1.2.2) Totally clueless!

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I don't suppose SD is gonna get any update ever right?

There's a development branch on GitHub that was updated last month.

Also, the current v0.10.1 seems to work just fine. I've been using it for both 1.5.x and 1.6.x games for a while.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, i'm playing on x6.4 kerbin system, and i'd like to know if there's a way to scale down the terrain height without making a VERY flat looking kerbin ? like maybe a mod that change the whole relief (changing height and width of mountains, etc...) Because right now the mountains near KSC are about 25 km high... that's not easy when trying to land a Shuttle, and by lowering the terrain height, everything is ... flat :D

Thank you !

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

Change the 'landscape' factor value in the config that you are using, for example: https://github.com/Galileo88/Rescale/blob/master/RESCALE_64/GameData/RESCALE_64/6.4xKSP.cfg#L13

The value basically is a multiplier on the terrain height so any value between 0 - 1 acts as a 'flattener'.

I already tried that, but it only scale down the height, so kerbin looks flat if i lower it :(