Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

[MOD - Hey folks, just a friendly reminder that only English posts and comments are permitted in the main KSP subforums.

We understand that some users may be using Google Translate to read English text in their native language, but we suggest that you turn off the translate feature when quoting and replying to other users, so that they don't come out as non-English text.

If you wish to specifically post and comment in other languages, such as Spanish, Chinese and Russian, please do so in the International subforums instead.

Thank you for your understanding.]

• 5 weeks later...

just a reminder, I tend not to read the forums very ofted but I check github multiple times every week.

if you are having troubles with my mods your best bet would be to open an issue on github

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, CocoaGames said:

in the settings tabs what should change to make it 2.5x 

You need to edit GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Settings.cfg, there is no GUI for it. Resize and Rescale should be 2.5, everything else leave it as is.

Edited by lordcirth

2 hours ago, CocoaGames said:

in the settings tabs what should change to make it 2.5x 

Changing only rescale and resize should be fine however you might want to change a couple of more values as well

If you are not sure about the math you could check out "Rescale!" a mod by galileo that provides some setups for SD

Not sure it has 2.5 tho

1 hour ago, CocoaGames said:

ive tried to load the game but it gets stuck on the loading screen (after mod loading) 

If you want to run SD you need KSP1.7.1 and the latest kopernicus

If you have those but you still have problems you can follow the link in my sig for a list of file that I need to take a look at your issue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I get these errors loading in to 1.7.3
Typically they've turned out to be Module Manager syntax errors.
I'm just not especially familiar with MM syntax--I fixed one by sheer luck.

If it turns out it's not something that simple, I'll gladly follow the steps clearly listed here on how to write up a proper bug report.
I'm just hoping it's something not so involved.
And I'm feeling lazy lately.

EMgOJzM.png

Edited by slaintemaith

11 hours ago, slaintemaith said:

So I get these errors loading in to 1.7.3
Typically they've turned out to be Module Manager syntax errors.
I'm just not especially familiar with MM syntax--I fixed one by sheer luck.

If it turns out it's not something that simple, I'll gladly follow the steps clearly listed here on how to write up a proper bug report.
I'm just hoping it's something not so involved.
And I'm feeling lazy lately.

EMgOJzM.png

Out of interest did you write your own config files? Or did you use the Rescale! configs (post below)?

Looking to use this myself on 1.7.3 so I'd like to know if your error is a bad config you made or a bad config from Rescale. 

Out of interest did you write your own config files? Or did you use the Rescale! configs (post below)?

Looking to use this myself on 1.7.3 so I'd like to know if your error is a bad config you made or a bad config from Rescale. 

I suspect it's Rescale!.
(Specifically the 2.5x config)
I'm certainly not clever enough to make my own configs.
Rescale, I know, is (technically) "incompatible" with contemporary KSP, so I might just be screwed.

Frankly I have no idea how they all work together.

Edited by slaintemaith

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TomVorat said:

Is there a way to adapt parts to the various scales of planets or do I have to edit all of the parts by themselfs? (make parts 2.5x more efficient/capable in 2.5x stock solar system or something)

Is 2.5x really that much harder? I would think that the stock 3.75m and 5m parts are up to the challenge. But then I either play stock sized or 10x size with nothing in between, so... just asking out of curiosity  what 2.5x is like....

8 hours ago, TomVorat said:

Is there a way to adapt parts to the various scales of planets or do I have to edit all of the parts by themselfs? (make parts 2.5x more efficient/capable in 2.5x stock solar system or something)

2.5x is only 58% harder (sqrt 2.5). Most people who scale things up with Sigma do so because it increases the challenge. I also like it because I get to build bigger rockets. However, if you do want to improve the rocket parts as well, there was a mod to do that... whose name I completely forget now... sorry.

1 hour ago, lordcirth said:

2.5x is only 58% harder (sqrt 2.5). Most people who scale things up with Sigma do so because it increases the challenge. I also like it because I get to build bigger rockets. However, if you do want to improve the rocket parts as well, there was a mod to do that... whose name I completely forget now... sorry.

I believe its name is SMURFF or something like that. If I remember right it is only recommended for use in scales of 6.4x or higher, maybe 3.2x and higher.

12 hours ago, TomVorat said:

There is SMURFF, which adjusts parts to have a more realistic performance mainly regarding the propellant mass fraction of tanks and the thrust to weight ratio of engines. The full adjustments are to realistic values, and would definitely be OP in a 2.5x scale game, but you can set how much it adjusts in the config of the mod.

• 5 months later...

old thread but ill give it a try...

i installed RSS and scaled it down to quarter size, and apparently the ksc, including launch pad and runway, was scaled down too... is there a way to make it the correct size again? I cant make a plane that takes off at ~30 m/s, or even land a plane travelling faster than that. Also, some of the stock planes are to wide to even fit on there..

Edited by Fredde104

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2020 at 1:18 PM, Fredde104 said:

old thread but ill give it a try...

i installed RSS and scaled it down to quarter size, and apparently the ksc, including launch pad and runway, was scaled down too... is there a way to make it the correct size again? I cant make a plane that takes off at ~30 m/s, or even land a plane travelling faster than that. Also, some of the stock planes are to wide to even fit on there..

Take a look into the readme - resizeBuildings