Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

28 minutes ago, EimajOzear said:

I was having a similar issue in a 5.4x Rescale of the stock system; setting ROCSeed = -1 in your save file will most likely fix the lag but disable all of the surface features.

Anyway to keep the surface features? Maybe reduce the amount of them? Even if there spread further apart than stock having them there is still a good thing.

@YaBoyShredderson

I wanted to keep them too but eventually decided to get rid of them entirely as it seems that rescaled systems of surface features don't play nice in this version of Kopernicus.

I did notice an improvement by upgrading to 1.9.x, but if you have any mods that are not compatible with that version then the only option I have found is to remove them entirely; my rationale was keep the features, keep the lag or remove the features, remove the lag. I decided performance was more important than a few sources of science (and eye candy!).

21 minutes ago, EimajOzear said:

@YaBoyShredderson

I wanted to keep them too but eventually decided to get rid of them entirely as it seems that rescaled systems of surface features don't play nice in this version of Kopernicus.

I did notice an improvement by upgrading to 1.9.x, but if you have any mods that are not compatible with that version then the only option I have found is to remove them entirely; my rationale was keep the features, keep the lag or remove the features, remove the lag. I decided performance was more important than a few sources of science (and eye candy!).

I didnt know sigma dimensions is compatible with 1.9?

I'm testing on 1.10.1 - so far so good.

But sometimes I get weird halo effects that look like 2-dimensional round paper plates near RCS exhausts or below the engine at the ground on the launch pad.

Edit:

issue was solved, after removing mods I finally found the culprit as to be DOE, even the latest build.

Edited by Gordon Dry

Hello, I'm hoping someone around these parts might have an idea about what's up with this install I'm working on. This is 1.9.1, KSRSS, and Sigma. Below is the only problem with the rescale that I can find - everything else seems correct to me. Hoping someone has seen something like this. For completeness: without Sigma installed the KSC sits correctly.

Log file is here: <snip>

And images of the issue are in spoiler for saving space...

Any ideas/advice would be very much appreciated!

Spoiler

What I hope is the pertinent section of the 2.5xKSRSS.cfg. I've tried messing with the 585, but it's correctly placing the runway at the surrounding ground level.

@Kopernicus:LAST[KSRSS]:NEEDS[SigDim,!KerbalKonstructs]
{
  @Body:HAS[@Template:HAS[#name[Kerbin]]]
  {
    @SpaceCenter
    {
      @repositionRadiusOffset = 585
      @radius = 6000
      @absoluteOffset = 460
    }
  }
}

My issue:

8r3eANS.png

KCB3ihR.png

Vsk0uOc.png

UPDATE: Giving up on KSRSS for the time being ... can't get the right combination of mod versions to work together! (Dimensions works fine on my stock/opm install, I was just hoping against hope to get KSRSS working again. )

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

So, I'm playing in KSP 1.8.1 with 3.5x rescale, and trying to land on the Mun, but the craft just clips through the ground and explodes. this can also happen slightly above the surface. Not even cheats can help.

Is this a common issue with sigma dimensions rescale or is this a one in a million event?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
22 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Thanks for the update! Is the intention GameData\Sigma\SigmaDimensions or GameData\SigmaDimensions? Or does it even matter?

GameData\SigmaDimensions

EDIT: Fixed.

Edited by Poodmund

5 hours ago, Poodmund said:

GameData\Sigma\SigmaDimensions

Actually I changed the folder to be:

GameData\SigmaDimensions\

rather than the old:

GameData\Sigma\Dimensions\

this was done for 2 reasons:

1- making it easier to tell which of my mods is installed and making them more independent from each other

2- allowing the user to download and install the mod automatically with the CurseForge client

https://curseforge.overwolf.com/

so, @OrbitalManeuvers, the correct one is GameData/SigmaDimensions/

(basically just unzip the archive directly into GameData/ )

Edited by Sigma88

17 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

2- allowing the user to download and install the mod automatically with the CurseForge client

https://curseforge.overwolf.com/

2- allowing the user the single person using the CurseForge client to download and install the mod automatically with the CurseForge client

EDIT: I didn't realise you released an update 4 days ago. Something.. something... CKAN didn't notify me so I was completely unaware. :sticktongue:

Edited by Poodmund

I had a break from ksp and played classic wow for a while.

I found the curseforge client to be very useful so I decided to upload my mods there.

the number of downloads is higher from there rather than github, which surprised me since I didn't expect it to be as popular

6 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

the number of downloads is higher from there rather than github, which surprised me since I didn't expect it to be as popular

You could publish to myspace and I'd still go get it. In my case, your work makes lots of other stuff possible that just wouldn't happen otherwise. The fact that you pop back in when you have time is awesome - thanks for maintaining this.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I was wondering if any of you have this issue:

vfcxK62.png

The black line around the vehicle flicker and its very annoying. It doesn't happen in space or without the 6.4x scale I have. My previous build was 1.81 and didn't had that issue, this is 1.11.1. Do I need to change some setting to remove this artifact?

Edited by RedParadize

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2021 at 6:57 AM, Poodmund said:

EDIT: I didn't realise you released an update 4 days ago. Something.. something... CKAN didn't notify me so I was completely unaware. :sticktongue:

You said something about CKAN? I am trying to come back to KSP and never used CKAN in the years I played KSP and usually stopped playing after a major KSP release and then I would hold off on upgrading because I dreaded the daunting task of spending hours and hours finding all the mods I had before and/or spending the next couple weeks/months with an excel spreadsheet checking to see if the X amount of broken mods have been updated with the new KSP before I could continue playing. Ngl, this dread of having to manual install and check all mods made me stop playing KSP because I would play a bit, have a lot of fun, get tired of having to restart my modded hardcore career with kerbalism because I lost Jeb and I don't want to lose him too early... I tend to delete the save and restart, so i take a break after several iterations of that, I want to continue playing KSP couple months later, major KSP release with so much cool stuff, go through the manual install process managing everything an excel sheet, and at some point this cycle starts over again.

TLDR: I really want to use CKAN this time around since the only reason I still do it manually is because I was used to doing it like this since I started modding my game before CKANs was a thing and also there was some bad politics around it back then but am realizing that installing mods manually has been stopping me from playing the game. I want to increase the scale and thus difficulty and would love to use Sigma Dimensions... You, @Poodmund, mentioned CKAN. Are you saying CKAN has latest release of this mod (cuz I can't see a compatible version, is it hidden, can u help me find it, first time trying to use it so I am a bit clueless)? Or are you just pulling his leg for not updating the mod on CKAN? Hoping its the former, but sounds like you are being sarcastic now that I look at it closer, oof. :)

Edited by EvWoN
typo, added text

I have an issue with low altitude flyng on the surfaces out of Kerbin, it causes Lag and FPS drop at unplayable levels on 3.5x or higher scales.
Kerbin has not problems i can play as well as ever, but if i try to land on Mun or Duna, Minmus... it turns into an unplayable game.
I heard about this is a Kopernicus issue, but this was old threads, is there a solution for this yet?

1.11.1   ;   Kopernicus 1.11.1-38

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the problem persists for me, is there more ways to fix this? 

I found this: If i remove the craft's engines and land with Kerbaltek HyperEdit mod, there's no lag and no FPS drops, but if i try to land as ever from orbit, lags returns, 

Edited by GianFrank