Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

• 1 month later...

I am looking to figure out how to Rescale the planets (and their moons), (and) their atmospheres, along with their distance from each-other? I'm trying to figure out how to do it via the Readme, but it's too complex, can someone please explain it in a easier way to understand? Thanks!

4 hours ago, Proxiyl said:

can someone please explain it in a easier way to understand?

Someone can try. SigmaDimensions (this mod) provides the brains to be able to resize planets at all. Config files provide instructions to SD to indicate how to rescale things. So you need this mod, plus this mod for the stock solar system:

There's one tricky part here, and that's getting Rescale Cont. Go the the link below, download the source code master zip file at the bottom. Unzip that to a temp folder not in your ksp tree, and select one of the cfg files. The CFG file you select (based on the size you want) should go somewhere under your GameData folder, e.g. in a new folder you create called "Rescale". With that, plus this mod, you should have a rescaled system. 

https://github.com/Profiremu23/RescaleContinued/releases/tag/master

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason if I change the atmoTopLayer value in the mod settings I get the dreaded black screen right after the game finishes loading.  Anyone else having this problem?

Running KSP 1.12 and only mods are Kopernicus, Distant Object, EVE, scatterer, GU and GU_parts.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, jaunco325 said:

It is necessary to update the mod to the latest version of the game

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/releases/tag/v0.10.8 

Is the latest version, and it still works in 1.12.5. Note that the mod's license is ARR so you could recompile it against 1.12.5 yourself, for whatever reason, just don't then distribute it.

7 hours ago, Poodmund said:

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/releases/tag/v0.10.8 

Is the latest version, and it still works in 1.12.5. Note that the mod's license is ARR so you could recompile it against 1.12.5 yourself, for whatever reason, just don't then distribute it.

Literally when I start the game, a sign appears saying that sigma dimensions is not compatible with the version of the game. and when loading a game or starting a new one, it stays on the loading screen forever

22 hours ago, jaunco325 said:

Literally when I start the game, a sign appears saying that sigma dimensions is not compatible with the version of the game. and when loading a game or starting a new one, it stays on the loading screen forever

It does indeed work with the latest version, using it right now. Means, your problem lies elsewhere, and you can fix it, or find help to fix it. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

is it possible to make planets smaller than stock, as I am trying to  recrate This Mod for modern versions of ksp, and I am also not quite sure how to go about making a config for that kind of thing.

Edited by dOnut14

On 6/18/2023 at 11:44 PM, dOnut14 said:

is it possible to make planets smaller than stock, as I am trying to  recrate This Mod for modern versions of ksp, and I am also not quite sure how to go about making a config for that kind of thing.

Yes absolutely. You could even do it like The Little Prince if you wanted. 

• 4 months later...

Hi, I've been wanting to play with this mod but it's having issues when coming down from scaled space. The terrain directly under the ship doesn't render until the last second, then it ends up all torn apart.  The area further away is rendered normally, but early Career Mode missions usually involve traveling only vertically. It doesn't matter where I launch from and seemingly has nothing to do with the terrain decals. Does anyone know a fix? I've tried this on multiple KSP installs, and I've tried editing the config files, but to no avail.

280872976-a99e3fa6-3468-429d-a35d-3b8ff6

280872988-b911e840-a5c7-4dcd-bce2-cd3a82

@Jen X-1 I don't have a solution but I do have a workaround. Quicksave and then quickload. That will fix the immediate terrain issue.

This has been a problem on and off for a few years, even as far back as the original Real Solar System. But I don't recall what the actual cause was or what the solution is. If I figure out a real solution, I'll let you know.

• 1 month later...

I don't know why, but every time I try loading ksp with scatterer installed, I get three errors, as shown in the image: 20231231205112_1.jpg?ex=65a48fe1&is=6592

(Ignore the "4 errors", this was taken yesterday. It now says "3 errors", because I fixed one of them.)

Could someone tell me if anything is wrong with the newCacheFiles.cfg mentioned in the screenshot?

Here is the text from the .cfg:

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:FOR[SigDim2]
{
    @Body:HAS[@SigmaDimensions:HAS[#Resize[1],#landscape[1]]]
    {
        %editCache = False
    }
    @Body:HAS[~cacheFile[*],~editCache[False]]
    {
        cacheFile = #Kopernicus/Cache/$name$.bin
    }
    @Body:HAS[~editCache[False]]
    {
        @cacheFile = #SigmaDimensions/Cache/§$SigmaDimensions/Resize$x]Resize/§$SigmaDimensions/landscape$x]landscape/$cacheFile$
        @cacheFile ^= :§:[:
    }
    @Body,*
    {
        !editCache = DEL
    }
}

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, PaisteP7 said:

Here are the error messages:

The problem here is that you've unzipped the master github archive into your GameData folder. To move forward, you'll want to delete that entire folder from GameData. The way to install this from the zip file you have is to open the zip file and navigate to the GameData folder that is within the zip file. That folder "matches" with your KSP install's GameData folder, so you want to copy whatever is in the zip at that level into your GameData folder. In this case I think that's just one folder called SigmaDimensions. You should end up with a path like GameData\SigmaDimensions, and there should be no folder that has the text "master" in it. Hope this helps.