Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

9 minutes ago, Laythe Dweller said:

Will this break existing saves? 

Yes

9 minutes ago, Laythe Dweller said:

And will it mess up resolution in cloud packs?

No, but cloud packs may still not work fine. you'll have to try it out to be sure

On 10/2/2016 at 5:06 PM, Laythe Dweller said:

Does it work with SVE and SVT?

Yes, but the cloud height gets increased so it can look a little weird with SVE.  I think there's a way to set the cloud height in the EVE folder to bring it back down where it's supposed to be, but then you may end up with the "mountain ranges poking out of the clouds" issue at certain altitudes.  Everything always looks good by the time you're in HKO.

23 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

Yes, but the cloud height gets increased so it can look a little weird with SVE.  I think there's a way to set the cloud height in the EVE folder to bring it back down where it's supposed to be, but then you may end up with the "mountain ranges poking out of the clouds" issue at certain altitudes.  Everything always looks good by the time you're in HKO.

Would the cloud height increase cause a lot of lag? I'm getting a lot more lag with a 2x rescaled Kerbin than a 1x scale.

1 hour ago, Laythe Dweller said:

Would the cloud height increase cause a lot of lag? I'm getting a lot more lag with a 2x rescaled Kerbin than a 1x scale.

I don't think so, you could try to delete the file that rescales clouds and see if that solves your problem

it's called "resizeClouds.cfg"

Just now, Laythe Dweller said:

Would this mess up my clouds, or just the cloud sizes?

that would prevent SD to touch the clouds.

if the lag is caused by the height increase you should not have any lag after deleting that file.

you may have issues of terrain clipping through the clouds if you don't raise them tho

Just a small update on the state of the mod:

before my "KSP vacation" I was working on a complete overhaul of the "code", this means that the next version will be much better but at the same time it may have a decent number of bugs.

In addition 1.2 more than likely made changes to the stock planets.

All this means that before a 1.2 compatible version is released, these conditions will have to be met:

[CONDITION NOT MET] Kopernicus is updated to 1.2
[CONDITION NOT MET] KittopiaTech is updated to 1.2
[CONDITION NOT MET] I had enough time to fix what needs to be fixed

I'll keep this list updated so you can keep track of where I am in the developing process.

One (most likely stupid) question - are anomalies and easter eggs' positions also rescaled, so that they are still accessible? I remember playing a couple of months ago and the monolith near KSC seemed to have disappeared...

1 minute ago, Astraph said:

One (most likely stupid) question - are anomalies and easter eggs' positions also rescaled, so that they are still accessible? I remember playing a couple of months ago and the monolith near KSC seemed to have disappeared...

that depends on on how each single anomaly is coded in ksp:

some are coded to stay on the surface no matter the scale. those will be fine

some are coded to stay at x meters from the center of the planet, or at x meters above sea level. those will not be moved.

This is because kopernicus doesn't allow yet to move anomalies.

As soon as that this will be added (if ever) I will make sure SD moves all anomalies accordingly

18 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

that depends on on how each single anomaly is coded in ksp:

some are coded to stay on the surface no matter the scale. those will be fine

some are coded to stay at x meters from the center of the planet, or at x meters above sea level. those will not be moved.

This is because kopernicus doesn't allow yet to move anomalies.

As soon as that this will be added (if ever) I will make sure SD moves all anomalies accordingly

And is there any list of which anomalies belong to which category?

40 minutes ago, Astraph said:

And is there any list of which anomalies belong to which category?

You can check it by using kopernicus and kittopiatech when they get updated to 1.2

But you would need to look them up individually, there are no lists afaik

On 14.10.2016 at 8:36 PM, Sigma88 said:

You can check it by using kopernicus and kittopiatech when they get updated to 1.2

But you would need to look them up individually, there are no lists afaik

Hm, taking into account I haven't seen them all yet and I want to have surprises when I finally get around to actually hunt them... I guess I'll just stick with the stock-sized system for the time being ^^'

5 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

@Sigma88 good news, it mostly works, I just made a test with SSRSS and the planets were rescaled as expected. I found the atmo a little too dense however.

We still need FAR to be updated.  But that shouldn't be too long Ferram has been very active with his other mods as of late.

Here's the updated update:

On 10/13/2016 at 6:54 PM, Sigma88 said:
[CONDITION MET] Kopernicus is updated to 1.2
[CONDITION NOT MET] KittopiaTech is updated to 1.2
[CONDITION NOT MET] I had enough time to fix what needs to be fixed

For all of you impatients that can't wait for a proper release to be out, you can try to download and install this

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

any feedback provided on SD issues is much apreciated and (if done properly) will reduce the time required to make a proper release

Didn't try this on 1.2 yet, but one of the issues I noticed previously on 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 with sigdim and kscale64 was that the pod in hangar at the old airfield was not visible. The airfield itself, the tower and the hangars were ok, but not the hangar contents. Is there anything you can do with or it's one of the objects which position is fixed from the body center and can't be changed by Koprenicus configs?

5 minutes ago, Eklykti said:

Didn't try this on 1.2 yet, but one of the issues I noticed previously on 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 with sigdim and kscale64 was that the pod in hangar at the old airfield was not visible. The airfield itself, the tower and the hangars were ok, but not the hangar contents. Is there anything you can do with or it's one of the objects which position is fixed from the body center and can't be changed by Koprenicus configs?

It's very unlikely I can do anything about it. But if you send me a screenshot of the issue and the coordinates to land there I will take a look