Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

13 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

Yup, known kopernicus-linux bug.

I have no idea how to fix that sorry

Just so you know, I'm also getting the exact same bug on a fresh install (kopernicus & Sigma only) except I'm on windows...

As mentioned by the others, there are errors on loading Kerbin & Mun in the kopernicus cache.

Having sigma dimension installed but without any resizing & scaling works.

Rescaling only seems to work, however modifying anything else gives the dreaded black screen after loading.

12 minutes ago, Captain Dax said:

Just so you know, I'm also getting the exact same bug on a fresh install (kopernicus & Sigma only) except I'm on windows...

As mentioned by the others, there are errors on loading Kerbin & Mun in the kopernicus cache.

Having sigma dimension installed but without any resizing & scaling works.

Rescaling only seems to work, however modifying anything else gives the dreaded black screen after loading.

yes, I think thomas has found what was wrong 

again, nothing SD related, it's just an issue that comes up when trying to build the cachefile for kerbin, and SD just happens to require that so it triggers the bug

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply any of this was "your fault" at all, just an FYI because it seems this bug was only occuring on linux. In retrospect should've posted that on kopernicus thread first :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm testing Thomas' new build right now, everything seems to work so back to the VAB!

Also, thanks a lot for all the efforts you put into your mods! Sigma Dimension makes KSP so much more rewarding compared to stock-sized solar system.

1 hour ago, Captain Dax said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply any of this was "your fault" at all, just an FYI because it seems this bug was only occuring on linux. In retrospect should've posted that on kopernicus thread first :rolleyes:

hahaha don't worry, I wasn't getting back at you or anything :)

I was just explaining how SD triggers the bug :wink:

I'm trying to slow down Duna to restore it's tidal lock to Ike in 2x rescale. Added this config, but it has no effect.

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim]
{
    @Body:HAS[#name[Duna]]
    {
        @SigmaDimensions
        {
            @dayLenghtMultiplier = 1.4142136
        }
    }
}

6 hours ago, Psycho_zs said:

I'm trying to slow down Duna to restore it's tidal lock to Ike in 2x rescale. Added this config, but it has no effect.

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim]
{
    @Body:HAS[#name[Duna]]
    {
        @SigmaDimensions
        {
            @dayLenghtMultiplier = 1.4142136
        }
    }
}

I think it's supposed to be  dayLengthMultiplier

Did you find it misspelled somewhere?

1 minute ago, Psycho_zs said:

First post, base settings table :P

yes I noticed that, I've fixed it now, sorry :D

btw, instead of changing duna's rotation period you might consider using a different rescale parameter

so that the orbital periods are maintained constant

18 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@Galileo I've expanded the cfgs for groundTextures rescalings. could you download the development version of SD and let me know if it's working well for you?

Happy to report it rescales the textures beautifully...

I have one more suggestion... would it be possible to add support to rescale the SMA of asteroid belts? 

the bold values in the spoiler would be the only things that needed to be rescaled i think and maybe the Size 

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:FOR[Mod Name]
{
    !Asteroid,*{}

Asteroid
    {
        name = Asteroid Belt Name
        interval = 15
        probability = 66
        minUntrackedLifetime = 999999
        maxUntrackedLifetime = 999999
        spawnGroupMinLimit = 150
        spawnGroupMaxLimit = 150

Locations
        {
            Around
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Name
                    probability = 50
                    reached = false

semiMajorAxis
                    {
                        minValue = 14984359719
                        maxValue = 21375000000
                    }

eccentricity
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 0.4
                    }

inclination
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 6
                    }

longitudeOfAscendingNode
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 360
                    }

argumentOfPeriapsis
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 360
                    }

meanAnomalyAtEpoch
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 360
                    }
                }
            }
        }
        Size
        {
            key = 0   0
            key = 0.3 0.45
            key = 0.7 0.55
            key = 1   1
        }
    }
}

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Happy to report it rescales the textures beautifully...

I have one more suggestion... would it be possible to add support to rescale the SMA of asteroid belts? 

the bold values in the spoiler would be the only things that needed to be rescaled i think and maybe the Size 

Reveal hidden contents

@Kopernicus:FOR[Mod Name]
{
    !Asteroid,*{}

Asteroid
    {
        name = Asteroid Belt Name
        interval = 15
        probability = 66
        minUntrackedLifetime = 999999
        maxUntrackedLifetime = 999999
        spawnGroupMinLimit = 150
        spawnGroupMaxLimit = 150

Locations
        {
            Around
            {
                Body
                {
                    body = Name
                    probability = 50
                    reached = false

semiMajorAxis
                    {
                        minValue = 14984359719
                        maxValue = 21375000000
                    }

eccentricity
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 0.4
                    }

inclination
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 6
                    }

longitudeOfAscendingNode
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 360
                    }

argumentOfPeriapsis
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 360
                    }

meanAnomalyAtEpoch
                    {
                        minValue = 0
                        maxValue = 360
                    }
                }
            }
        }
        Size
        {
            key = 0   0
            key = 0.3 0.45
            key = 0.7 0.55
            key = 1   1
        }
    }
}

I had already added asteroid rescaling

I don't remember if I updated it after the syntax changed. Probably not if you're asking :)

Edit:

No actually rescaling works for asteroids, but it takes the multiplier from Kopernicus/SigmaDimensions

Not from Kopernicus/Asteroid/SigmaDimensions

Do you need asteroid specific customuzable SMA?

Edited by Sigma88

23 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I had already added asteroid rescaling

I don't remember if I updated it after the syntax changed. Probably not if you're asking :)

Edit:

No actually rescaling works for asteroids, but it takes the multiplier from Kopernicus/SigmaDimensions

Not from Kopernicus/Asteroid/SigmaDimensions

Do you need asteroid specific customuzable SMA?

So how would that look exactly? im a bit confused. 

I dont really NEED it im just making some SD cfgs for my planet pack that is 2x 3x and 4x rescale but the asteroid belt has the same SMA for each cfg. I am really just being lazy, i could and probably should go and just edit the asteroids config 3 times and just include the corresponding rescale cfg with each. 

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

So how would that look exactly? im a bit confused. 

I dont really NEED it im just making some SD cfgs for my planet pack that is 2x 3x and 4x rescale but the asteroid belt has the same SMA for each cfg. I am really just being lazy, i could and probably should go and just edit the asteroids config 3 times and just include the corresponding rescale cfg with each. 

it should do it automatically by getting the Rescale parameter from the SigmaDimensions config file

could you show me your code to add the asteroid and the modulemanager cache?

--

anyways, I just decided I will add the option to change the rescale parameter for selected asteroids only, like you can already do for planets. it makes sense afterall

--

also, use MM 2.7.4 since 2.7.3 seems to still have some issues with ,* and my asteroid code uses it for some reason

Edited by Sigma88

29 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

it should do it automatically by getting the Rescale parameter from the SigmaDimensions config file

could you show me your code to add the asteroid and the modulemanager cache?

--

anyways, I just decided I will add the option to change the rescale parameter for selected asteroids only, like you can already do for planets. it makes sense afterall

--

also, use MM 2.7.4 since 2.7.3 seems to still have some issues with ,* and my asteroid code uses it for some reason

The cfg I posted above is exactly the cfg I am using but with the correct names inserted. I am not at my computer so I cannot get the cache atm.

I did notice in your SD config that you have a node called "Nearby" while my cfg does not have such a node. Could this be the reason the rescale isn't happening? I think "Nearby"  needs to be "Location"  for it to correctly rescale the SMA. 

Edited by Galileo

29 minutes ago, Galileo said:

The cfg I posted above is exactly the cfg I am using but with the correct names inserted. I am not at my computer so I cannot get the cache atm.

I did notice in your SD config that you have a node called "Nearby" while my cfg does not have such a node. Could this be the reason the rescale isn't happening? I think "Nearby"  needs to be "Location"  for it to correctly rescale the SMA. 

I don't see anything wrong, it's probably a MM issue. try again with 2.7.4 when you have the chance.

Nearby and Around are 2 different types of asteroids.

"Around" asteroids load in orbit around the specified planet

"Nearby" asteroids load in orbits that pass close to the body defined in their cfg

in any case, if your cfg doesn't have a "Nearby" node, my code won't mess anything up.

3 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

I don't see anything wrong, it's probably a MM issue. try again with 2.7.4 when you have the chance.

Nearby and Around are 2 different types of asteroids.

"Around" asteroids load in orbit around the specified planet

"Nearby" asteroids load in orbits that pass close to the body defined in their cfg

in any case, if your cfg doesn't have a "Nearby" node, my code won't mess anything up.

I tried with 2.7.4 with the same result unfortunately 

@Galileo out of curiosity, how do you check that the asteroids have been rescaled?

keep in mind that SD can only affect the generation of new asteroids, if your save already has some asteroids they will keep their orbit no matter what SD parameters you are using

32 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

@Galileo out of curiosity, how do you check that the asteroids have been rescaled?

keep in mind that SD can only affect the generation of new asteroids, if your save already has some asteroids they will keep their orbit no matter what SD parameters you are using

Oh boy,  I totally forgot to comment here and say that exactly.  I didn't realize until after messing with it for a while that they would begin to spawn after the original asteroids would disappear.  Sorry if it caused you any hardship 

Just now, Galileo said:

Oh boy,  I totally forgot to comment here and say that exactly.  I didn't realize until after messing with it for a while that they would begin to spawn after the original asteroids would disappear.  Sorry if it caused you any hardship 

don't worry, I've changed the code to rescale asteroids to be the same as the code to rescale bodies, so in future you can choose to set different rescale values for different groups of asteroids

this code will work fine with old cfgs as well, so there is no need to worry for backwards compatibility

Encountered a minor issue: Scatterer sunflares don't work if system is rescaled and resized more than 3 times. If I set a rescale, the Sun has stock sunflare again. Every mod (Scaterrer, sunflare, Kopernicus, Module Manager and Sigma Dimensions) installed manually, on clean version of KSP 1.2.1, 64 bit.

As I said, it's minor, I can live with stock sunflare. Is it any known issue?

16 minutes ago, Walker said:

Encountered a minor issue: Scatterer sunflares don't work if system is rescaled and resized more than 3 times. If I set a rescale, the Sun has stock sunflare again. Every mod (Scaterrer, sunflare, Kopernicus, Module Manager and Sigma Dimensions) installed manually, on clean version of KSP 1.2.1, 64 bit.

As I said, it's minor, I can live with stock sunflare. Is it any known issue?

I haven't done anything to manage Scatterer compatibility.

I don't even know if there is anything that I could do to help, @blackrack any ideas?

I was told some time ago that since scatterer works off the radius of the bodies, it shouldn't need to be rescaled when changing the size of planets/stars

but idk how reliable was that information, I don't even remember who told me that :D

hi please can some one tell me what number i should enter in this mod to resize Kerbin and its atmosphere and it's delta V and it's radius to size of the earth other planet and and their orbital ring and their size to real sol system i do not mean real sol system mod the same planet in the game with size of real sol system and same Delta V i know rocket will be much bigger but i want to play in realistic size plant and real size and real Delta V 

I will be grateful if some one help me 

2 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

I haven't done anything to manage Scatterer compatibility.

I don't even know if there is anything that I could do to help, @blackrack any ideas?

I was told some time ago that since scatterer works off the radius of the bodies, it shouldn't need to be rescaled when changing the size of planets/stars

but idk how reliable was that information, I don't even remember who told me that :D

I think kopernicus just forces the stock sunflare to be on, check with @Thomas P.

Oh and the atmosphere is automatically resized. Usually you don't have to change anything.

11 minutes ago, blackrack said:

I think kopernicus just forces the stock sunflare to be on, check with @Thomas P.

Oh and the atmosphere is automatically resized. Usually you don't have to change anything.

That wouldn't explain why it's fine for resize less than three.

@Walker are you sure the issue doesn't come up for resize < 3 ?