Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

@Sigma88 Updated to the latest dev and the minor atmopshere issues I was having on Kerbin are gone. They seem to be missing for the Other Worlds planets, though.

enbdEXw.png

fbPxI22.png

Thanks for fixing the timewarp and upper atmosphere in the stock/OPM planets though!

I'm running into an interesting issue in this latest dev version where the camera will focus on a point that gets gradually farther and farther from the rocket, rather than its center of mass.

Td35SX7.pngThis is the default camera position, without any manual offset. It gets more and more pronounced as I go up. It starts around 6.5km.

EDIT: @Sigma88 have been messing around in career and haven't encountered the camera bug again yet, so don't worry about it.

Edited by Jodo42

42 minutes ago, Jodo42 said:

I'm running into an interesting issue in this latest dev version where the camera will focus on a point that gets gradually farther and farther from the rocket, rather than its center of mass.

This is the default camera position, without any manual offset. It gets more and more pronounced as I go up. It starts around 6.5km.

hmm, not sure about the Otherworlds problem, I'll see what is going on there.

I don't know what causes the camera issue, I don't think I've done anything to change that

7 minutes ago, Astraph said:

I'll give this a shot with New Horizons career later today. I wanted to play a rescaled system, but was quite devastated not to see 3.7 or 2 scales on CKAN in 1.05..

keep in mind this is still beta so some features may be missing, remember to backup your saves if you intend to load old saves.

that said, you should be able to reproduce any rescale mod using SigmaDimensions

If you find some missing feature (changes to contracts, parts, whatever) feel free to let me know so I can add them to the mod if I feel that they fit in well :)

49 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

keep in mind this is still beta so some features may be missing, remember to backup your saves if you intend to load old saves.

that said, you should be able to reproduce any rescale mod using SigmaDimensions

If you find some missing feature (changes to contracts, parts, whatever) feel free to let me know so I can add them to the mod if I feel that they fit in well :)

Sure thing :) I'm staring a new game, so there should be no problems starting... We'll see what happens next. ;)

I remember some rescaling mods used to have problem in career after the player left the atmosphere (IIRC, the game crashed because it tried generate contracts targets located underneath the planet's surface). From previous posts in this thread I understand that's no longer a problem, am I right?

5 minutes ago, Astraph said:

Sure thing :) I'm staring a new game, so there should be no problems starting... We'll see what happens next. ;)

I remember some rescaling mods used to have problem in career after the player left the atmosphere (IIRC, the game crashed because it tried generate contracts targets located underneath the planet's surface). From previous posts in this thread I understand that's no longer a problem, am I right?

I have no idea :)

I haven't touched anything about contracts generation, so if you find any weird one let me know.

Right now, I wouldn't even know what to look for since I don't play career that much

9 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I have no idea :)

I haven't touched anything about contracts generation, so if you find any weird one let me know.

Right now, I wouldn't even know what to look for since I don't play career that much

Neither do I - that'd be my first career game since 1.0 ^^' I'll surely let you know if something strange happens!

@Joco223 I've seen your post over at the 64k thread. If you want you can try out my mod (instead of using 64k) and see if that solves your reentry problem.

If the problem is solved I will get in touch with the 64k devs so that they can choose if they want to change the heatcurve of the atmosphere.

be warned that this is still a work in progress, so backup your saves because something could go wrong.

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

@Joco223 I've seen your post over at the 64k thread. If you want you can try out my mod (instead of using 64k) and see if that solves your reentry problem.

If the problem is solved I will get in touch with the 64k devs so that they can choose if they want to change the heatcurve of the atmosphere.

be warned that this is still a work in progress, so backup your saves because something could go wrong.

I would like to try out your mod. Could you give me some sort of instructuons on how can i do it? And does your mod impact performance less or more than others? (64k, RSS,...)

34 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

I would like to try out your mod. Could you give me some sort of instructuons on how can i do it? And does your mod impact performance less or more than others? (64k, RSS,...)

I don't add any textures so I guess you will save some ram by using my mod, I don't think it will be much tho...

setup is pretty easy,

1. install Kopernicus 0.6.3
  2. install ModuleManager 2.6.16 (or any version after that)
  3. Install SigmaDimensions (just merge the GameData folder in the archive with the one in your KSP install)
  4. open the file GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Settings.cfg (notepad will do)
  5. Set it up to reproduce 64k rescale and start the game

64k uses these parameters:

Resize = 6.4
Rescale = 6.4
Atmosphere = 1.32
dayLenghtMultiplier = 4

Remember to back up your saves

Edited by Sigma88

11 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I don't add any textures so I guess you will save some ram by using my mod, I don't think it will be much tho...

setup is pretty easy,

1. install Kopernicus 0.6.3
  2. install ModuleManager 2.6.16 (or any version after that)
  3. Install SigmaDimensions (just merge the GameData folder in the archive with the one in your KSP install)
  4. open the file GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Settings.cfg (notepad will do)
  5. Set it up to reproduce 64k rescale and start the game

64k uses these parameters:

Resize = 6.4
Rescale = 6.4
Atmosphere = 1.32
dayLenghtMultiplier = 4

Remember to back up your saves

Thanks, for the help! :D I'll try it out later and notice you if there is any problems

@Sigma88 I have found a problem here. I have KSC Switcher and when i set the settings that you gave me, KSC is about 40-50km from the shore on water, and there is no other launch site then KSC

http://imgur.com/a/reFSK

Pics if you need them

-EDIT-

And terrain near KSC is dark blue almost black like it's underwater

http://imgur.com/4CZejXJ

-EDIT2-

I fixed the black terrain and wrongly placed KSC by updating Kopernicus and removing KSC Switcher, thou it looks like im leaving the atmosphere really early and blackness of space just appears

http://imgur.com/32yCetU

Edited by Joco223

31 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

@Sigma88 I have found a problem here. I have KSC Switcher and when i set the settings that you gave me, KSC is about 40-50km from the shore on water, and there is no other launch site then KSC

http://imgur.com/a/reFSK

Pics if you need them

-EDIT-

And terrain near KSC is dark blue almost black like it's underwater

http://imgur.com/4CZejXJ

-EDIT2-

I fixed the black terrain and wrongly placed KSC by updating Kopernicus and removing KSC Switcher, thou it looks like im leaving the atmosphere really early and blackness of space just appears

http://imgur.com/32yCetU

Yeah, I haven't really looked into ksc switcher compatibility. I will need to see if it is even possible to add it :)

Regarding the atmosphere, I'm not sure if you are experiencing a bug or simply is a consequence of the fact that you have a thinner atmosphere than stock

(1x radius and 1x atmosphere VS 6.4x radius and 1.32x atmosphere)

8 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Yeah, I haven't really looked into ksc switcher compatibility. I will need to see if it is even possible to add it :)

Regarding the atmosphere, I'm not sure if you are experiencing a bug or simply is a consequence of the fact that you have a thinner atmosphere than stock

(1x radius and 1x atmosphere VS 6.4x radius and 1.32x atmosphere)

So the atmosphere thing that is going on is just a aftermath of resizing and rescaling Kerbin? 

KSP, at least for me, works a lot better than 64k

Edited by Joco223

4 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

So the atmosphere thing that is going on is just a aftermath of resizing and rescaling Kerbin? 

KSP, at least for me, works a lot better than 64k

I'm on my phone now, so I cant really judge by the screenshot, I'll take a better look at home and if I see something weird I'll let you know. I've already tried this setup tho, and it seemed to work fine :) so if it's broken it must be for some reason I have not encountered yet

In the meantime, you could pm me the modulemanager cache file, that will help me find the issue if there is one

9 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I'm on my phone now, so I cant really judge by the screenshot, I'll take a better look at home and if I see something weird I'll let you know. I've already tried this setup tho, and it seemed to work fine :) so if it's broken it must be for some reason I have not encountered yet

In the meantime, you could pm me the modulemanager cache file, that will help me find the issue if there is one

Ok. I'll notice you if there is any bugs. Keep up with great mod! :D (Now with this mod i don't need 3 KSP instances that are the same mods just different scales)

1 hour ago, MrMeeb said:

This looks really exciting. I too am 64k user, but I don't like the flatness it brings...am I right in thinking that that does not occur with this?

This mod should change every geographical feature on the planet to maintain the same ratio in respect to the planet radius.

So in theory you should not be able to tell the difference between stock kerbin and 6.4x kerbin.

Juts one more question. How much times is RSS larger than KSP? I set 10 in settings file and i will try it out

-EDIT-

I tried a 11km/s DV test rocket that i built, and when launched with MechJeb, i had about 3.3km/s DV left. So maybe its a bit larger than 10 times. And also, anyone who wants a 130km atmosphere, just type in 1.87 for atmo setting :D

Edited by Joco223

22 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

Juts one more question. How much times is RSS larger than KSP? I set 10 in settings file and i will try it out

Earth is about 10 times bigger than stock Kerbin and 11 times farther away from the sun. but RSS system is pretty different from the Stock one :)