Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

4 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

Is the EVE cloud resizing automatic, and if so, is it compatible with EVE cloud packs? If both of these are true, then it doesn't appear to be working with Stock Visual Enhancements.

what kind of issue are you having? I am not sure the EVE rescalings are complete yet :D I've asked over at EVE's thread but nobody told me which parameters needed to be rescaled, so for now I only rescale "altitude" and the PQS thingy for gas giants

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

You can. I spent better part of  a day hacking at your configs to allow me to control kerbin separate from the other planets. Did have to do a bit of custom kittopia editing, but I got my mountains down to ~12km not as nice looking as stock, but much more reasonable.

I will look into it, but I have to make sure I can handle the repositioning of KSC for whatever weird combination of parameters someone may want to use ;)

7 hours ago, Jodo42 said:

2.6.16 & .17 (issue persists with either); you have the right rescales

I've overhauled the way atmosphere changes are calculated, if you download the dev.version now you should get the clouds on tekto.

I have a warning for you tho. since you rescale the atmosphere less than the radius, some bits of tekto don't have a visible atmosphere

if you land near water you'll see it for sure tho.

owBftH3.png

Edited by Sigma88

11 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

what kind of issue are you having? I am not sure the EVE rescalings are complete yet :D I've asked over at EVE's thread but nobody told me which parameters needed to be rescaled, so for now I only rescale "altitude" and the PQS thingy for gas giants

I will look into it, but I have to make sure I can handle the repositioning of KSC for whatever weird combination of parameters someone may want to use ;)

I've overhauled the way atmosphere changes are calculated, if you download the dev.version now you should get the clouds on tekto.

I have a warning for you tho. since you rescale the atmosphere less than the radius, some bits of tekto don't have a visible atmosphere

if you land near water you'll see it for sure tho.

owBftH3.png

Can't reply right now with a photo, but basically all the cloud altitudes were far too low...I don't think they got changed at all! Mountains clipping through everywhere!

36 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Can't reply right now with a photo, but basically all the cloud altitudes were far too low...I don't think they got changed at all! Mountains clipping through everywhere!

Did the sky look bad on kerbin too?

From the ksc scene

When you can, could you send me the modulemanager cache, the ksp.log and the Sigma Dimensions Settings.cfg file?

That may help :)

Edited by Sigma88

As a follow up to your questions:

2 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

could you please test this version? and let me know if anything changes? thanks :D

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/archive/4eba7283f9d6fb239d776ed881e34c0a04e7ee61.zip

On 14/1/2016 at 11:56 PM, Svm420 said:

I started using the mod for a 6.4k rescale. It works really well. It definitely keeps kerbin from completely flattening out, but I think it maybe a little too much. By scaling all the PQS mods by the entire rescale factor of 6.4 I have mountains 20km+ tall! That's feels like way too much for me. I would like it to stay within RL limits since our tallest mountain on earth is around 8-9km ASL. Other than that it works nicely.

could you test this version instead? I've added a new parameter to change the landscape

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/archive/6269d3a39d0d9c7cd58cb5c4c6d4fa5b5b2cd17c.zip

basically it works like this:

the planet will be resized by the Resize parameter along with all the mountains.

the geographic features will then be resized by the landscape parameter

so,

using Resize = 2 will change a 8km mountain to a 16 km mountain

using Resize = 2 and landscape = 0.25 will change a 8km mountain to a 4km mountain ( 8 * 2 * 0.25 = 4 )

(I didn't have the time to test it, so it may very well be that it doesn't work)

Edited by Sigma88

8 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Will do when I get back from school! Would you like the things you previously asked for still?

Yes please, unless everything is fine now ;)

If you want you can also try out the version I linked to svm420

I haven't tested that yet, so I can't assure you it'll work

There is a new parameter there called

atmoVisualEffect

If you set it to 2 it'll change the visual effect of the atmosphere to be twice as high. (Any number > 0 should work)

Edited by Sigma88

1 minute ago, MrMeeb said:

Thank you! I'll quickly look to see if it works with the normal EVE config, in case it's something to do with this and SVE

I don't think it'll work with the current release of eve, my mod needs the new confif structure (the one used by sve)

The current eve release doesn't have that yet, unless you use the EVE folder from Sve and the boulder co from eve dev version

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

I don't think it'll work with the current release of eve, my mod needs the new confif structure (the one used by sve)

The current eve release doesn't have that yet, unless you use the EVE folder from Sve and the boulder co from eve dev version

Ohhh, so is the cloud resize cfg for the old version of EVE?

1 hour ago, MrMeeb said:

Ohhh, so is the cloud resize cfg for the old version of EVE?

no, no..

it's for the new EVE

but you need the configs like this:

EVE_CLOUDS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Kerbin-clouds1
		body = Kerbin
	}
}

and I'm not sure if the new EVE already switched to that format :)

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

Ah, right. Ignore me, I'll just go be a derp in the corner :P

11 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Ah, right. Ignore me, I'll just go be a derp in the corner :P

lol, np :)

SVE has that config structure, so it should work fine. It's probably only an issue with me changing the altitude too much. I know that in EVE if you go too low there will be a lot of Z-fighting....

I've looked at the files you sent me,

you have this config structure for EVE clouds:

EVE_CLOUDS
	{
		Kerbin
		{
			Aurora
			{
			}
		}
	}

that one is not compatible with SigmaDimensions sorry :)

Edited by Sigma88

2 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

lol, np :)

SVE has that config structure, so it should work fine. It's probably only an issue with me changing the altitude too much. I know that in EVE if you go too low there will be a lot of Z-fighting....

...surely the altitude should be going up, not down?? :D 

Right. So. Potential error between keyboard and seat here, but...

Am I supposed to have a fadeResize key in my settings.cfg? I can't find it defined anywhere, and ResizePQSMods is freaking out about it on load, which seems to cause Kopernicus in turn to freak out and fail to load correctly... It's entirely possible i'm blind, (Or, it's freaking out for some other unrelated reason...)

I'm trying to apply a ~6.4x rescale to New Horizons, piece of cake, right? Sigh... Example log line is thus: 

[ModuleManager] Applying node Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/ResizePQSMods/@Kopernicus:AFTER[SigDim] to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kerbol System

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[ModuleManager] Cannot find key fadeResize in SigmaDimensions

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key fadeStart = #$@SigmaDimensions/fadeResize$

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key fadeEnd = #$@SigmaDimensions/fadeResize$

Etc, etc, etc...

I'm going to futz around with it some more, but I wanted to inquire about that key. The code though is very pretty, I like the cut of your jib! ;)

Settings.cfg currently:

Spoiler

// Base Settings

SigmaDimensions
{
	Resize = 6.4
	Rescale = 6.4
	Atmosphere = 1.32
	dayLengthMultiplier = 4
}

// Advanced Settings

@SigmaDimensions
{
	geeASLmultiplier = 1
	SoIsFromRadius = 0
	RingsFromRadius = 0
	orbitalPeriod = 0
	daysVSyearRatio = 0
	HeightColorFix = 0
	resizeScatter = 1
}

Ok, found it in advancedsettings.cfg... Why github wouldn't find %fadesize when searching for fadesize is beyond me...

But in that case, i'm even more confused: Why is the damn key not being loaded? Ok, so it's commented out... *pulls the lever*... I'll be back in a few: Send pie if I don't return.

Edited by komodo

1 minute ago, komodo said:

Right. So. Potential error between keyboard and seat here, but...

Am I supposed to have a fadeResize key in my settings.cfg? I can't find it defined anywhere, and ResizePQSMods is freaking out about it on load, which seems to cause Kopernicus in turn to freak out and fail to load correctly... It's entirely possible i'm blind, (Or, it's freaking out for some other unrelated reason...)

I'm trying to apply a ~6.4x rescale to New Horizons, piece of cake, right? Sigh... Example log line is thus: 

[ModuleManager] Applying node Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/ResizePQSMods/@Kopernicus:AFTER[SigDim] to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kerbol System

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key fadeStart = #$@SigmaDimensions/fadeResize$

[ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key fadeEnd = #$@SigmaDimensions/fadeResize$

Etc, etc, etc...

I'm going to futz around with it some more, but I wanted to inquire about that key. The code though is very pretty, I like the cut of your jib! ;)

fadeResize is a parameter that is calculated automatically from the parameters you set, could you send me your modulemanager cache file? that may help me pinpoint the issue

22 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

fadeResize is a parameter that is calculated automatically from the parameters you set, could you send me your modulemanager cache file? that may help me pinpoint the issue

MM Cache + Player.log

Thanks for checking into it! We get 128 errors from ResizePQSMods. The 4 from ROMini are harmless and unrelated. Kopernicus blows up with a NRE as the Injector is initialized.

I'm scratching my head... Going to rip out New Horizons next, but I don't know why that would foul up the works... :huh:

19 minutes ago, komodo said:

MM Cache + Player.log

Thanks for checking into it! We get 128 errors from ResizePQSMods. The 4 from ROMini are harmless and unrelated. Kopernicus blows up with a NRE as the Injector is initialized.

I'm scratching my head... Going to rip out New Horizons next, but I don't know why that would foul up the works... :huh:

@KillAshley seems to have the ability of break my mods :) and he is pretty consistent :D

but I think it may just be some weird issue, I never had problems with that

oh god....

don't tell me linux has a different alphabetical order :0.0:

it looks like the patches are not applied alphabetically :mad:

Edited by Sigma88

22 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

@KillAshley seems to have the ability of break my mods :) and he is pretty consistent :D

but I think it may just be some weird issue, I never had problems with that

oh god....

don't tell me linux has a different alphabetical order :0.0:

it looks like the patches are not applied alphabetically :mad:

DOH!

I'll play around with that... It is a Case Sensitive system... But i've not run into this problem before. Surely someone in RSS land has noticed this trait, i'm certain a lot of them are linuxites by nature. Hrm.

I've just given it a go with stock system + kopernicus, and fingers crossed, it seems to have worked, damn the errors. Kopernicus still has injector errors, but we appear to be rescaled... I'm putting together a rocket to see if we are, but so many sandbox parts... how do people manage this? :D

1 minute ago, komodo said:

DOH!

I'll play around with that... It is a Case Sensitive system... But i've not run into this problem before. Surely someone in RSS land has noticed this trait, i'm certain a lot of them are linuxites by nature. Hrm.

I've just given it a go with stock system + kopernicus, and fingers crossed, it seems to have worked, damn the errors. Kopernicus still has injector errors, but we appear to be rescaled... I'm putting together a rocket to see if we are, but so many sandbox parts... how do people manage this? :D

well, my whole cfg system relies on the fact that cfgs are applied alphabetically. ModuleManager is case sensitive, so that cannot be the problem

try changing the names of the cfg themselves to full caps (or full lower case if you prefere) maybe that can fix it

@komodo I think I have found the problem

try doing this:

go to the GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension folder

and rename the file "ResizePQSMods" to "resizePQSMods"

that was the only one that started with a capital letter, and was the only one applied in the wrong moment.

let me know if that solves it...

EDIT:

even better, if you want I've added every needed fix to the dev.version, you can take a look at that one if you want

Edited by Sigma88

47 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

@komodo I think I have found the problem

try doing this:

go to the GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension folder

and rename the file "ResizePQSMods" to "resizePQSMods"

that was the only one that started with a capital letter, and was the only one applied in the wrong moment.

let me know if that solves it...

EDIT:

even better, if you want I've added every needed fix to the dev.version, you can take a look at that one if you want

Firing it up now. It had in fact rescaled the stock system correctly, so a test mission took a little bit to get up, around, and down. I'm glad I left a bit of engine on the reentry stage, we came down short of the west-'o-KSP mountains in the highlands... and about 10km altitude >< I may play about with those newly mentioned advanced settings another day, but so far...

Aka, mod/config's working great, --> having a blast.

Edge cases are crazy, but at least this one turned out to be semi-sane. Filenames/cases are a pain, aren't they? Little buggers sneak in everywhere.... lol.

Yep, looks as though the patches applied entirely clean, andddd, success! Thanks for your detective work! I think it would have taken me a bit longer to spot that, kudos.