Sigma88

Sigma Dimensions

Recommended Posts

On 5/4/2018 at 7:04 PM, lordcirth said:

Thanks!  For some reason the release changelog is just '-' ?

Where can I find this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there some working Stock Rescale configs? Or ways to make old configs work. I was googled that quastion anf found some config on Reddit, but it not working for me.

(Instaled: Kopernicus latest builds. Game ver 1.4.2)

P.S.: I understand, that it may not work, coas I do sometyhing worng. But cant found the right way by myself.

Edited by macenkodenis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, macenkodenis said:

Is there some working Stock Rescale configs? Or ways to make old configs work. I was googled that quastion anf found some config on Reddit, but it not working for me.

(Instaled: Kopernicus latest builds. Game ver 1.4.2)

P.S.: I understand, that it may not work, coas I do sometyhing worng. But cant found the right way by myself.

Rescale works fine 

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/163965-131-rescale-comprehensive-sd-configs-1028-03-dec-2017/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried rescale 1.0.2.8 on a GPP install with KSP v1.4.3

The loading screen and Log file shows an error in 6.4xKSP.cfg:

 

%Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]:NEEDS[scatterer]
{
	%Body:HAS[@Template:HAS[#name[Sun]]]
	{
		%ScaledVersion
		{
			%Light
			{
				%sunLensFlareColor = 0,0,0,0
			}
		}
	}
}

That "%" in the first lines causes a conflict with MM, I'd guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, New Horizons said:

I tried rescale 1.0.2.8 on a GPP install with KSP v1.4.3

The loading screen and Log file shows an error in 6.4xKSP.cfg:

 


%Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]:NEEDS[scatterer]
{
	%Body:HAS[@Template:HAS[#name[Sun]]]
	{
		%ScaledVersion
		{
			%Light
			{
				%sunLensFlareColor = 0,0,0,0
			}
		}
	}
}

That "%" in the first lines causes a conflict with MM, I'd guess.

It does and I haven’t fixed it. I don’t even know why I have that in there, but this is a Rescale issue, not a Sigma Dimensions issue. This thread is no longer being monitored anyway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Nightside said:

Has anyone given this the old testeroo with the new Kopernicus?

What did you find out when you tried it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm finding that rescaling does not seem to work...at all. Whether editing the cfg file in SigDim, or using a premade mm file, I get nothing. Anyone able to confirm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyko said:

What did you find out when you tried it?

It seems like nothing happened. I wasn’t sure if it was a problem with my configs being out of date 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2018 at 3:55 PM, Nightside said:

It seems like nothing happened. I wasn’t sure if it was a problem with my configs being out of date 

FWIW I tried 2.5x in GEP Primary with Kopernicus 1.4.5-2. The gross changes were correct (planet size, atmosphere height, orbit size) but there were problems with the terrain occluding parts of the KSC, including a portion of the runway.  It's my understanding that something changed in the PQS realm with 1.4.5, so this would appear to be consistent.

Edited by Norcalplanner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sigma88 Hello! I have a quick question. I want some stock planets resized a bit, some resized more and some leaved with stock values. So... Is it possible with Sigma Dimensions to resize each planet individually, not the all in same proportion? Thx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 1:11 AM, ZobrAA said:

@Sigma88 Hello! I have a quick question. I want some stock planets resized a bit, some resized more and some leaved with stock values. So... Is it possible with Sigma Dimensions to resize each planet individually, not the all in same proportion? Thx!

it is possible to set custom parameters for every planet using the "planet specific syntax"

more info here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using SD and ReScale to create a 2.5x system. Now the clocks aren't matching in various places. Kronometer fixes some mod's clocks, but not others.

What if I just changed the day length in SD either back to 6 hours or up to 24 hours so the game could use one of it's standard time settings? Would this work? Would I break anything else or would the planet just spin faster/slower?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2018 at 9:04 PM, Norcalplanner said:

FWIW I tried 2.5x in GEP Primary with Kopernicus 1.4.5-2. The gross changes were correct (planet size, atmosphere height, orbit size) but there were problems with the terrain occluding parts of the KSC, including a portion of the runway.  It's my understanding that something changed in the PQS realm with 1.4.5, so this would appear to be consistent.

I have the same problem. Terrain is black around the KSC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9/10/2018 at 10:15 AM, Cheesecake said:

I have the same problem. Terrain is black around the KSC.

Do you have Stock Visual Terrain installed?  I had that installed briefly and saw the black terrain, I uninstalled it and no more.  So I think it's an issue with that or a conflict of some sort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, Cheesecake said:

I have the same problem. Terrain is black around the KSC.

 

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:56 PM, blowfish said:

 

Do you have Stock Visual Terrain installed?  I had that installed briefly and saw the black terrain, I uninstalled it and no more.  So I think it's an issue with that or a conflict of some sort.

 

Since no one has replied, see here:

Posted the fix at the end there, see the edit about replacing :FOR[SVT] with :FOR[rSVT] so SVT loads before Sigma Dimensions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I need this for RSS RO RP-1 because it is in the spread sheet for ksp 1.3.1 but it isn't listed as requirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Agustin said:

Do I need this for RSS RO RP-1 because it is in the spread sheet for ksp 1.3.1 but it isn't listed as requirement.

No, SD is not a dependency for RSS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I'm having problems with either Sigma or the Environmental Visual Enhancements mod. Kerbin is fine. But Jool, Duna and Eve are pretty broken. Their cloud layers are way out in space, and Jool's clouds are a separate sphere of its own by Jools side. Are planets and moons other than Kerbin not being rescaled or is EVE reacting poorly to Sigma? (Btw im on version 1.2.2) Totally clueless!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I don't suppose SD is gonna get any update ever right?

There's a development branch on GitHub that was updated last month.

Also, the current v0.10.1 seems to work just fine. I've been using it for both 1.5.x and 1.6.x games for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, i'm playing on x6.4 kerbin system, and i'd like to know if there's a way to scale down the terrain height without making a VERY flat looking kerbin ? like maybe a mod that change the whole relief (changing height and width of mountains, etc...) Because right now the mountains near KSC are about 25 km high... that's not easy when trying to land a Shuttle, and by lowering the terrain height, everything is ... flat :D

Thank you !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

Change the 'landscape' factor value in the config that you are using, for example: https://github.com/Galileo88/Rescale/blob/master/RESCALE_64/GameData/RESCALE_64/6.4xKSP.cfg#L13

The value basically is a multiplier on the terrain height so any value between 0 - 1 acts as a 'flattener'.

I already tried that, but it only scale down the height, so kerbin looks flat if i lower it :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.