Jump to content

Sigma Dimensions


Recommended Posts

Out of curiosity, has anyone had issues with passing through the terrain on all bodies other than the homeworld when upscaling using SD? Landing on moons is now impossible for me no log messages at the time of impact other than the explosion ones once i hit sea level.) I believe SD is the culprit as people who use the planet pack I have without SD report no issues and removing SD fixes it.

Log

Edited by DeltaDizzy
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2020 at 1:02 AM, DeltaDizzy said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone had issues with passing through the terrain on all bodies other than the homeworld when upscaling using SD? Landing on moons is now impossible for me no log messages at the time of impact other than the explosion ones once i hit sea level.) I believe SD is the culprit as people who use the planet pack I have without SD report no issues and removing SD fixes it.

Log

Yes, exactly this

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Russekof71 said:

Hello, I wanted to know which mod would you advise me to have rocket parts that work with Sigma x2.5? I already have SSTU.

Have you tried 2.5x with stock parts? In my opinion the stock parts still have way too much power for 2.5x.

At 2.5 you can still build unrealistic small rockets from stock parts to get everywhere, as well as high payload fraction SSTOs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2020 at 3:02 AM, DeltaDizzy said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone had issues with passing through the terrain on all bodies other than the homeworld when upscaling using SD? Landing on moons is now impossible for me no log messages at the time of impact other than the explosion ones once i hit sea level.) I believe SD is the culprit as people who use the planet pack I have without SD report no issues and removing SD fixes it.

Log

Hello! Did you manage to solve this problem? my ship also crashes or crashes when landing on the moon.

Sorry for my English

Edited by Hego Damask
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hello!

I don't know if this the right place to ask about Sigma Dimensions, but I haven't found other forum about this different from the "Add-on Development" sub-forum.

I'm using the standard 2.5x configs from Rescale! to scale the Beyond Home planet pack. Everything was functioning correctly until I reached a moon, Anger, where I can't use the M700 scanner because its lower scanning altitude was outside Anger's SOI. I tried first to modify the M700 part, but I did not find any altitude related config and, as long it's a stock part, maybe it's hardcoded or something like that.

After that I decided to see if I could do something from the Rescale! and Sigma Dimensions side.

I changed "@CustomSoISize = 1" in 2.5xKSP.cfg:

@SigmaDimensions
{
	// Base Settings

	@Resize = 2.5
	@Rescale = 2.5
	@Atmosphere = 1.1
	@dayLengthMultiplier = 1.25


	// Advanced Settings

	@landscape = 0.76
	@geeASLmultiplier = 1

	@resizeScatter = 1
	@resizeBuildings = 0

	@CustomSoISize = 1
	@CustomRingSize = 0

	@atmoASL = 1
	@tempASL = 1
	@atmoTopLayer = 1.181818182
	@atmoVisualEffect = 1.1

	@scanAltitude = 1
}

Then I created a config file named angersoi.cfg with my modified config:

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim,BeyondHome]
{
	@Body:HAS[#name[Anger]]
	{
		@SigmaDimensions
		{
			@scanAltitude = 0.1
			@CustomSoISize = 10
		}
	}
}

// Lua's Atmo modification

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim,BeyondHome]
{
	@Body:HAS[#name[Lua]]
	{
		@SigmaDimensions
		{
			Atmosphere = 5
			atmoTopLayer = 2
			atmoVisualEffect = 2
			lightRange = 2
		}
	}
}

But nothing changed:

  • scanAltitude for Anger is still the same.
  • SOI altitude for Anger is still the same.
  • Lua's atmosphere is also unchanged.

I have checked KSP.log and I have found that (as long as I understant) module manager has applied the patchs:

[LOG 15:03:32.162] Config(@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim,BeyondHome]) ZZ_modificaciones_propias/angersoi/@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim,BeyondHome]
[LOG 15:03:32.162] Config(@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim,BeyondHome]) ZZ_modificaciones_propias/angersoi/@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim,BeyondHome]
...
[LOG 14:59:58.938] :BEFORE[SIGDIM2] pass
[LOG 14:59:58.939] Applying update ZZ_modificaciones_propias/angersoi/@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim,BeyondHome] to Kopernicus/Config/System.cfg/Kopernicus[Kerbol System]

Am I missing something? Is my Sigma Dimension code wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites

my suggestion would be to leave CustomSoISize at the default value of 0

your antenna probably doesn't work because it has too short range for the rescaled system

SD already increases the range of the antennas by the same amount as the Rescale parameter (antennaPower * Rescale)

if that's not enough it might be that you are just too far to use that antenna, I am not sure

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

my suggestion would be to leave CustomSoISize at the default value of 0

your antenna probably doesn't work because it has too short range for the rescaled system

SD already increases the range of the antennas by the same amount as the Rescale parameter (antennaPower * Rescale)

if that's not enough it might be that you are just too far to use that antenna, I am not sure

Maybe I explained poorly. The sensor it's too close to the moon. I have to go outside of the SOI to achieve the lower limit altitude for the M700 survey sensor, so there is no way to use it within current Anger's SOI. That's why I was trying to increase the SOI.

Also, I modified

@CustomSoISize = 1

In the main Rescale! configuration because my code did not work and I thought that maybe that would be intefering. But did not work  :(

Edited by bonzo_bvd
Link to post
Share on other sites
@CustomSoISize = 1

would make the SOI smaller so that's not a good idea,

are you sure the antenna you want to use is appropriate? I would think if the antenna you are trying to use is outside of its range maybe there are other better choices

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Russekof71 said:

hello, i play ksrss × 2.5 and wanted to know that it is geostationary orbit! Thank you in advance.

 

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WeightyPeriodicImperatorangel-mobile.mp4

This is the distance and velocity that a satellite can be from kerbin and pointing to the same spot the telecom and GPS Satellites are doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pmborg said:

 

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WeightyPeriodicImperatorangel-mobile.mp4

C'est la distance et la vitesse qu'un satellite peut être de kerbin et pointant vers le même endroit que les satellites de télécommunications et GPS.

sorry google translations mistranslated what i wanted. I wanted to know what is the altitude of the geostationary orbit when playing with ksrss × 2.5

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Russekof71 said:

sorry google translations mistranslated what i wanted. I wanted to know what is the altitude of the geostationary orbit when playing with ksrss × 2.5

The synchronous orbit planets is calculated using the law of universal gravitation which boils down to: h=√3(G*M*T2/4π2)-R

h = Height of the artificial satellite

G = Constant of gravitation (6.67*10-11)
M = Mass of the planet ()
T = Rotational period of the planet
R = Radius of the planet

 

I don't know the ksrss mod, but you can get the planets definitions in kopernicus planet config files, and do the calculation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pmborg said:

Les planètes en orbite synchrone sont calculées en utilisant la loi de la gravitation universelle qui se résume à: h = √3 (G * M * T 2 / 4π 2 ) -R

h = Hauteur du satellite artificiel

G = Constante de gravitation (6,67 * 10-11 )
M = Masse de la planète ()
T = Période de rotation de la planète
R = Rayon de la planète

 

Je ne connais pas le mod ksrss, mais vous pouvez obtenir les définitions des planètes dans les fichiers de configuration de la planète kopernicus et faire le calcul.

Thank you very much that helped me !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

HI there,

I need some help. I want to make the game seem more real, and that equals bigger planets, larger orbits, and all that. 
I just cant figure out what size would be best. I was thinking about making the system 10.6183 times bigger, so kerbin will be 6371 km in radius, the same as earth.
But i am not sure what i have to change.
This is what i had in mind: (I have crunched numbers, and hope sigma fills in the rest, like gravity, and obital speed of the celestial bodies)

{
    // Base Settings
    
    Resize = 10.6183
    Rescale = 10.6183 
(Is this correct?)
    Atmosphere = 1.428 (100 km atmosphere)
    dayLengthMultiplier = 4 (24 hour day)
    
    
    // Advanced Settings
(I really dont know if i have to change anything here. Compared to the sun, kerbol is 2.6 times smaller.)
    
    landscape = 1
    geeASLmultiplier = 1
    
    resizeScatter = 1
    resizeBuildings = 0
    groundTiling = 1
    
    CustomSoISize = 2.6
    CustomRingSize = 0
    
    atmoASL = 1
    tempASL = 1
    atmoTopLayer = 1
    atmoVisualEffect = 1
    
    lightRange = 1
    
    scanAltitude = 1
}

 

Can some kind person help me get this right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Aremos said:

Can some kind person help me get this right.

if you look at the RESCALE! mod from galileo it should have a pre-tested cfg for 10.625 (https://github.com/Galileo88/Rescale/tree/master/RESCALE_10625)

If I were you I would stick to that and it should provide you with what you are looking for.

 

if you want to set up your customized rescale you can find all the info in the README and if you still have any specific questions feel free to ping me here

 

some things you should be aware:

@OhioBob has done a lot of work on atmospheres, iirc his suggestion was to use something like 

Atmosphere = 1.025

atmoTopLayer = 1.4

(this is from memory so might be completely wrong)

 

landscape should probably be lowered to something like ~0.5

the most realisting option should be around 0.10/0.15 but gameplay-wise 0.5 looks much nicer

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

if you look at the RESCALE! mod from galileo it should have a pre-tested cfg for 10.625 (https://github.com/Galileo88/Rescale/tree/master/RESCALE_10625)

If I were you I would stick to that and it should provide you with what you are looking for.

 

if you want to set up your customized rescale you can find all the info in the README and if you still have any specific questions feel free to ping me here

 

some things you should be aware:

@OhioBob has done a lot of work on atmospheres, iirc his suggestion was to use something like 

Atmosphere = 1.025

atmoTopLayer = 1.4

(this is from memory so might be completely wrong)

 

landscape should probably be lowered to something like ~0.5

the most realisting option should be around 0.10/0.15 but gameplay-wise 0.5 looks much nicer

I have allready tryed to use galileo's, but it wont load. Kopernicus tells me it cant load, and if i start a new game, i get an endless losding screen. I gues the reason is that galileo's config havent been updated for 2 years. 

Thats the only reason i want to do it myself, otherwise i would have chosen the easy path with a preconfig. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

From my experience, the orbit heigt of ships etc is based on their distance to the center of the planed = If you scale your planets up mid game, they will end up in a lower orbit (or within the Atmosphere/inside the planet), if you scale the size down, they end up in a higher orbit above sealevel 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any one know if KKtoSD is working still?? Would like to get Kerbin Side Remastered working on a 3.2x rescale and despite stuff being grouped together they still end up getting spread out :/ Hoping I can get things working so I just have to move each group around instead of having to reposition each individual asset.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I have major lag around every body i have tested. Being the mun, minmus and duna. I heard it was something to do with terrain scatter so i turned it off, which helped ever so slightly but apparently its also the breaking ground surface features? I want to keep those but dont want it causing unplayable frame rate drops and time slowing down to a crawl. I looked in the debug menu and from 18km above the mun, there were over 30000 surface features. Orbital velocity was 1.4km/s so they should not be spawning at all. What can i do to fix this? Im using ksp 1.8.1, kopernicus 1.8.1-1 and sigma dimensions 0.10.7, with 6.4x size and 9.6x orbits.

Edited by YaBoyShredderson
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, YaBoyShredderson said:

I have major lag around every body i have tested. Being the mun, minmus and duna. I heard it was something to do with terrain scatter so i turned it off, which helped ever so slightly but apparently its also the breaking ground surface features? I want to keep those but dont want it causing unplayable frame rate drops and time slowing down to a crawl. I looked in the debug menu and from 18km above the mun, there were over 30000 surface features. Orbital velocity was 1.4km/s so they should not be spawning at all. What can i do to fix this? Im using ksp 1.8.1, kopernicus 1.8.1-1 and sigma dimensions 0.10.7, with 6.4x size and 9.6x orbits.

I was having a similar issue in a 5.4x Rescale of the stock system; setting ROCSeed = -1 in your save file will most likely fix the lag but disable all of the surface features.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...