Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

1 hour ago, Jack Joseph Kerman said:

Whenever I try and resize anything, the game loads, but when I go into a save or start a new one it refuses to load.

I can take a look but I need some files:

click on the nyan cat in my sig and provide the files requested there

Edited by Sigma88

4 hours ago, Zaccy200 said:

Hi. I'm just a bit confused how to resize planets. I thought you changed the values in the settings file but that does nothing when I load the game. Could you point me in the right direction to fix this. Thanks. 

changing the numbers should be fine

if it doesn't work I need some files to understand what's going on

if you click the nyan cat in my sig you will find a list with everything I need

I'm playing GPP, 10.6x Rescale. The latest patch brought the whole space center underground (you could only see the tip of VAB). Had to roll back to previous version (0.8.2). 

Also it wasn't like scatterer issue, as the terrain clearly had camera collision. Didn't test it out more extensively.

Not sure if this is Sigma or Rescale issue.

On 5/30/2017 at 2:47 AM, Galileo said:

@Sigma88 There seems to be an issue when trying to rescale RSS

I have made a MM cfg to allow RSS to work on 1.3, applying the same fixes as i have done in GPP, It works perfectly in full scale RSS, but when i try to install sigma alongside it to scale it down to stock size using this cfg, i get strange, flickering artifacts all over the system.

If I run RSS with Sigma Dimensions installed without a SD cfg, no issue. Add a cfg to rescale the system, and you get artifacts like this:

Reveal hidden contents

Bs18Thh.png
oFxsnyy.png

The issue seems to be spawning from Callisto. Sometimes it looks like the system is inside of Callisto, and you can see parts of its texture all over the skybox. There aren't any errors in the output log, but i can provide one if you would like. All of this is done on 1.3 using the latest kopernicus 1.3-1 and Sigma Dimensions 0.8.0.

I have included a zip including my RSS fix and the SD cfg i used to figure out if SD was the issue. https://www.dropbox.com/s/39w3iiufl9yh7ie/RSS 1.3 Fix.cfg?dl=0

I know its a really old post, but was this issue resolved?

I've found that it happens with both Callisto and Deimos. If those two planet cfg's are removed form RSS, the problem goes away. 

44 minutes ago, VonFrank said:

I've found that it happens with both Callisto and Deimos. If those two planet cfg's are removed form RSS, the problem goes away. 

that issue was caused by RSS not being updated for 1.3 iirc

now it has been updated so it should work. I haven't checked to be honest

CORRECTION: as it turns out, no... RSS has not been updated for 1.3 yet

(but galileo has good news down here)

Edited by Sigma88

27 minutes ago, VonFrank said:

There is a patch on the RSS thread i posted that brings RSS up to date. no need to delete any cfgs. just read back a few pages on the thread

13 minutes ago, Galileo said:

There is a patch on the RSS thread i posted that brings RSS up to date. no need to delete any cfgs. just read back a few pages on the thread

Im using your patch and the latest RSS, however the problem persists. 

I dont actually see anything in your patch that modifies Deimos or Callisto in any way, so Im a bit confused as to what my problem here is.

30 minutes ago, VonFrank said:

Im using your patch and the latest RSS, however the problem persists. 

I dont actually see anything in your patch that modifies Deimos or Callisto in any way, so Im a bit confused as to what my problem here is.

I'll double check my cfg tonight and see if i goofed..I think i goofed 

30 minutes ago, VonFrank said:

snip

Try downloading the same link again. I added back the fix for those two bodies. let me know if it works in the RSS thread

Edited by Galileo

@Sigma88 One other thing that could also be added to the recent changes for scatterer, is the load/unload distances of scatterer atmospheres, otherwise they pop in and out at large scales.

Currently I am accomplishing that with this in the rescale cfgs:

@Scatterer_planetsList:FINAL
{
	@scattererCelestialBodies
	{
		@Item,*
		{
			@loadDistance *= #$@SigmaDimensions/Rescale$
			@unloadDistance *= #$@SigmaDimensions/Rescale$
		}
	}
}

Also, concerning EVE, I like the way I am currently altering the EVE cloud altitude and I wouldn't want that to change. There is freedom of style there for the user and its pretty straight forward. However, much like the scatterer load/unload distances, EVE also has this feature for gas giant clouds. (at least, I think that's what it does :/ ) I think it would be a nice bit to have in SD. 

Currently I use this to adjust it:

@PQS_MANAGER:FINAL
{
	@OBJECT,*
	{
		@deactivateDistance *= #$@SigmaDimensions/Rescale$
	}
}

I'll keep this stuff in my code for now, but if you decide to add it, let me know and I'll remove it. Thanks!

Edited by Galileo

11 hours ago, Galileo said:

@Sigma88 One other thing that could also be added to the recent changes for scatterer, is the load/unload distances of scatterer atmospheres, otherwise they pop in and out at large scales.

Currently I am accomplishing that with this in the rescale cfgs:

@Scatterer_planetsList:FINAL
{
	@scattererCelestialBodies
	{
		@Item,*
		{
			@loadDistance *= #$@SigmaDimensions/Rescale$
			@unloadDistance *= #$@SigmaDimensions/Rescale$
		}
	}
}

Also, concerning EVE, I like the way I am currently altering the EVE cloud altitude and I wouldn't want that to change. There is freedom of style there for the user and its pretty straight forward. However, much like the scatterer load/unload distances, EVE also has this feature for gas giant clouds. (at least, I think that's what it does :/ ) I think it would be a nice bit to have in SD. 

Currently I use this to adjust it:

@PQS_MANAGER:FINAL
{
	@OBJECT,*
	{
		@deactivateDistance *= #$@SigmaDimensions/Rescale$
	}
}

I'll keep this stuff in my code for now, but if you decide to add it, let me know and I'll remove it. Thanks!

thanks for pointing that out

the EVE deactivateDistance is already multiplied by the resize parameter 

the Scatterer one will be added into the next release

also, you forgot to remove the antennapower multiplier :)

I'll send you a test version of the next release as soon as it's ready so you can test it and we can avoid releasing tons of versions :D

Edited by Sigma88

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

is there any version of kscswitcher designed for stock kerbin?

I'd rather not have to install GPP to test SD bugs

after i rewind back to 0.8.1 SD,no bug so thats good

Just now, Iso-Polaris said:

No KSCSwticher for stock kerbin, not as I know of

Just now, Iso-Polaris said:

yeah, but I still need to figure out what is breaking for future versions, if you know where I can find a KSCSwitcher location list for stock kerbin that would be much apreciated

Just now, Sigma88 said:

yeah, but I still need to figure out what is breaking for future versions, if you know where I can find a KSCSwitcher location list for stock kerbin that would be much apreciated

i think you can just edit the launchsite.cfg file in the GPP_KSCSwitch for it to test on stock system