Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

On 29/11/2015 at 10:53 PM, daniel l. said:

Does this mean that you mod can rescale any planet and all its topography without issues of spikiness? if so then YEEEEHAAAAW!!!! because i've been waiting a long time for this! :)

that's the idea,

for now I am focussing on make it work on the stock system alone.
I will then add support for mods that modify the stock bodies, and finally add support for (ideally) all planet packs

Edited by Sigma88

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

that's the idea,

for now I am focussing on make it work on the stock system alone.
I will then add support for mods that modify the stock bodies, and finally add support for (ideally) all planet packs

Spikiness should not be a problem unless you choose extreme rescalings (<0.5 or > ~25)

Thats great! i have a mod that i made months ago that got shelved indev becausei couldnt fix the spikiness. Also do you have any idea how i could make the KSC warp itself around kerbin rather than sit as a static plane, because my mod makes the solar system 1/100th the original size and the KSC always would remain straight and basically some buildings were hovering... How do i fix that?

Just now, daniel l. said:

Thats great! i have a mod that i made months ago that got shelved indev becausei couldnt fix the spikiness. Also do you have any idea how i could make the KSC warp itself around kerbin rather than sit as a static plane, because my mod makes the solar system 1/100th the original size and the KSC always would remain straight and basically some buildings were hovering... How do i fix that?

lol, that's beyond my capabilities ;)

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

I don't know honestly... sorry :(

Thanks for your help :) BTW considering that laythe doesnt appear to have life, there isnt anything to give it an oxygen atmosphere or rust out the iron in the oceans. meaning it would have red skys and green oceans. (I heard you do planetary recolors? :wink: )

Here's a small pre-release just to start the flow of bug reports :D

Requirements
Requires ModuleManager and Kopernicus

Downloads
[Download]

License
I'll keep it All Rights Reserved for now. A more permissive license will come later.

DISCLAIMER

A bunch of features are not ready yet.

All you will get for now is, Resize and Rescale.

Do not use with planet packs.

Do not use with saved games.

you'll find the settings file in GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Settings.cfg

edit the Resize and Rescale values to change planet size and orbit size respectively.

On 1/12/2015, 7:35:50, daniel l. said:

...any idea how i could make the KSC warp itself around kerbin rather than sit as a static plane...

can't be done, the PQSCity that the KSC is loaded from is built in a completely flat plane. Changing this to wrap around that planet would require a completely new model instead of the stock ones. Having the KSC sit straight will have to suffice

16 hours ago, KillAshley said:

can't be done, the PQSCity that the KSC is loaded from is built in a completely flat plane. Changing this to wrap around that planet would require a completely new model instead of the stock ones. Having the KSC sit straight will have to suffice

Darn, So how will i be able to make a 6km radius kerbin? Is it possible to make the ksp only visible from the space center screen and once the player launches the entire ksc will dissapear and the ship will appear on a kerbal konstructs pad? could that work?

Streamed some goofing around with Sigma Dimensions. Testing a never-seen-before 1/1000 size as well as testing the limits of the mod with 1000x and 0.00001x scales.

http://www.twitch.tv/gregroxmun/v/28321736

10x and 1000x universes

http://www.twitch.tv/gregroxmun/v/28320937

1/1000 scale

http://www.twitch.tv/gregroxmun/v/28315759

1/100000 scale (12 meter diameter Kerbin!)

bonus image:

fW5rIvj.png

This is exactly what I've been looking for! I've always wanted to mess with parameters of planets and see what kind of interesting challenges I could create. Like, build a rocket for a super-sized Kerbin. Or build a rocket for a super tiny Kerbin with high surface gravity... So many possibilities! 

This will also make testing Eve/Jool? landers so much easier. (I know hyperedit can copy Eve parameters to Kerbin, but it doesn't change Kerbin's size. Thus the "simulation" is somewhat inaccurate.)

Looking forward to future updates!

3 hours ago, RA3236 said:

I... Am.... Amazed at this. It is awesome Sigma!!! Great idea.

thank you :)

10 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

Is it possible to change the other orbital elements besides SMA? Because I would really like for a more realistic orbit with any of the bodies with zero inclination, eccentricity, or both.

this can be done with kopernicus :)

you'll find a bunch of mods that change the stock planets, add to them, or replace them completely.

If you wan't to see different variations on the stock system I would suggest

@KillAshley's "Uncharted Lands" and "New Horizons"

@GregroxMun's "Alternis Kerbol"

or if you just want some interesting additions you could check out

@CaptRobau/@Eudae55 "OuterPlanetsMod"

@MrChumley's "Asclepius" and "Kronkus"

9 hours ago, RA3236 said:

@daniel l. Spikeyness is a problem on Kerbin. No pics, but people could have noticed that a ring of spikes on the poles.

this is still an alpha version :)

kerbin and duna are still unfinished at the moment, maybe I can put out another pre-release soon ;)

On 12/4/2015, 9:24:00, GregroxMun said:

Streamed some goofing around with Sigma Dimensions. Testing a never-seen-before 1/1000 size as well as testing the limits of the mod with 1000x and 0.00001x scales.

http://www.twitch.tv/gregroxmun/v/28321736

10x and 1000x universes

http://www.twitch.tv/gregroxmun/v/28320937

1/1000 scale

http://www.twitch.tv/gregroxmun/v/28315759

1/100000 scale (12 meter diameter Kerbin!)

bonus image:

fW5rIvj.png

Oh my gosh gregrox that is something i was already working on xD the solar system at 1/100th the size and 1/1000th the orbital distances, this would make it easy to add in an entire galaxy of little planets because at that small size attention to detail could be minimal for simple worlds. As well as memory footprint. But how do i get around the ksc extending over kerbin? do i make kerbin abnormally large so to keep the ksp looking normal? do i give it some sort of flat support pad underneath to make it look better?

11 minutes ago, wafflemoder said:

This looks quite amazing. Is it possible to change the size of planets individually, I'd love to be able to have a tiny jool and a massive gilly :D

No, it resizes only the whole system. You will have to change the individual planets... Individually.

2 hours ago, wafflemoder said:

This looks quite amazing. Is it possible to change the size of planets individually, I'd love to be able to have a tiny jool and a massive gilly :D

I may add some feature like that in the future. Right now I am very busy IRL and I don't think I can get much time for modding.

The dev version is ready for release but I didn't even get the time to actually release it :D

• 3 weeks later...

Another pre-release is available.

v0.0.2-alpha

this update adds a bunch of features like:

- many fixes
- compatibility with many planet packs
- Atmosphere scaling (only for stock and planet packs which uses less than 25 "key"s for their atmospheres)

I've looked at some of the most used planet packs and this mod should work with OPM, NH and Sentar expansion.

at the moment it won't work with RSS.

I haven't tested it with any other mods, so it may work with many more other mods :D

Edited by Sigma88