THANK GOD WE'RE BACK

I_Killed_Jeb

6 minutes ago, I_Killed_Jeb said:

The depths of my addiction was unknown until now. I need this forum. It's my precious. Don't ever do that again.

Agreed.  I can't even count the number of times I reflexively typed "forums.kerbalspaceprogram.com" into the URL and hit ENTER only to then realize the forums were down for maintenance.

31 minutes ago, I_Killed_Jeb said:

The depths of my addiction was unknown until now. I need this forum. It's my precious. Don't ever do that again.

This.

This weekend I've been entertaining my 3 year old, The weather has been foul so it's been a stay indoors, watch TV, play with trains, sword fights and what not. Every so often, (read: every hour/too often), I go through my at home ritual of go to kitchen, switch kettle on, go outside, have cigarette, back inside, make coffee, sit down at computer, click favourites, Facebook (ugh I know right), old (10 years a member) clan website (it's dead tbh but habit), KSP forums to check replies to my own posts and any updates.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. KSP forums are down. Why do I keep clicking goddamit lol. It's like when I run out of milk trying to make coffee. I still autopilot to the fridge knowing full well there's no milk in there and it's black coffee until I can brave the outside and fight my way to the shops. 

On the plus side, it appears that the editor interface works properly for me again. :) A while back the old one got all buggy for me, and I had to resort to pasting everything in from Word. On the minus side, all that text I pasted in before is now a complete garble of un-parsed tags. It's not like what I said was of any importance, but it's kind of embarrassing to be responsible for such a mess. I hope it's just because  some things aren't fully implemented yet.

How about not breaking all the links ever again? Also, why is the thread title now required on the link? It's long enough without it and it has a unique identifier, the topic does nothing but artificially bloat link lengths.

Ok. Fifty more minutes of bad gateways.  Why is my avatar messed up?  Why do I get an Email every time someone posts in this thread?  Is there another option for reply notification?  I unclicked notify me but am still getting Emails every time someone posts.  If someone has a fix for this put a note in a bottle and throw it in the ocean.  I'll probably get it before the bad gateway lets me back in here.

Now it says I can't edit my previous post.   Emoticons don't work?  (Angry, frustrated emoticon face)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.