Welcome to the new forums!

KasperVld

Hello everyone!

The migration is now all but complete, welcome to the new forums! It's cost me my weekend but overall I'm happy with the results. There are still a few issues to work through, but I'm sure we'll be able to get this forum fully operational over the next week. Please use this topic to report issues or missing features.

What have we done so far?

This list contains rather large changes / remaining issues only.

• [Fixed] Because thread and post IDs were reset, old links would not work. Threads can now be accessed using their old links.
  • [Fixed] Users being notified of old warnings, which wouldn't expire.
  • [Fixed] "Remove formatting" button was missing on editor.
  • [Fixed] Developer articles page is not working properly.
  • [Fixed] Intermittent 502 errors on servers.
  • [Fixed] Emails aren't being delivered to certain email providers.
  • [Change] Increased width on the forum theme
  • [Change] Added topic/forum name in the page titles
  • [Change] Added the ability to post tables
  • [No Fix] It seems that due to a hiccough with UTF-8, the threads in the International forum and elsewhere that used non-latin characters look scrambled. Users need to fix this themselves
  • [No Fix] Posts which used custom bb-code may need to be reformatted.
  • [No Fix] The most recent posts have not had their bb-codes converted.
  • [Planned] Official posts will need to be updated.

Update Nov 30th, 10:00 UTC

Due to the fix for the 502 errors your followed content is no longer stored. Please re-follow the content you're interested in. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Update Nov 30th, 15:15 UTC:
I've made a tool that allows you to quickly convert an old thread ID into a new link. It's available at the location specified below. Replace 'xxxxxx' with the thread number from the vBulletin forums.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php?t=xxxxxx

For example: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/30064 becomes http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php?t=30064 and you're automatically forwarded to the topic on this forum.

We hope this will make life a lot easier for people who want to update post links.

Update Nov 30th, 16:30 UTC:

The old thread links now properly redirect to the new forum.

Second - could have been first.

KasperVId and squad - this looks pretty :)

13 minutes ago, KasperVld said:

[No Fix] Because thread and post IDs were reset, old links will not work.

But it is definitly a pity that old links will no longer Work.

14 minutes ago, KasperVld said:
  • [No Fix] It seems that due to a hiccough with the UTF-8 threads in the International forum and elsewhere that used non-latin characters look scrambled. Users need to fix this themselves
  • [No Fix] Posts which used custom bb-code may need to be reformatted.

I don't know which issue it is for you KasperVId but you should rework your signature.

Edited by KroShan
Addition refering to links - KasperVId's Signature

Reputation seems like it's "kinda" broken, under the old system repping a post gave 1-5 rep points based on "rep power", now it's always 1 point, making old reputation worth "more", if that makes sense. Of course, imaginary internet points aren't a big issue anyways. :)

Is this the place to voice opinion?

Previously, I could minimize the sidebar, but now I can't and the forums are scrunched into a single column, also, the layout could use a bit of tweaking as theres a massive amount of empty space on one side after the articles and streamer info.

I`d just like to say the new forums do not look good to me.

Too flat, no difference between posts and background.

I like some of the new features, like the `notify me of replies` box but the design?

far far far too pastel.

19 minutes ago, KasperVld said:
  • [No Fix] Because thread and post IDs were reset, old links will not work.

As was mentioned before the upgrade, this is A Big Deal. Breaking every inbound link is very disruptive. It's disappointing this couldn't be resolved.

I also had trouble with the "WYSIWYG" editor on my very first post, when attempting to trim my quote. Not great.

And did I just here the forum make a noise? TURNITOFFTURNITOFFTURNITOFF! (I expect I can disable that in my own settings, gonna look now).

EDIT: Also when I posted it just said "Saving" and seemed to hang, I had to manually refresh the page and then I got an error from nginx. I assume and expect that kind of thing will be worked out.

Edited by cantab

2 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

I like having the forums back up, the new theme is hard to read for me tho, maybe some options.

Yeah, same here, very hard to read due to not much difference between background of posts and main background.

Very much liking the new features though, just got a popup saying I had a reply to a post. Very nice.

Congrats with the new forum, Kasper and the whole team! I like it and I hope a fresh cup of coffee every hour won't crash the forum server.

Question: I'm trying to edit some of my topics to change the old imgur code links to the new ones, but the editor seems stuck in WYSIWYG mode instead of code, and I can't seem to get the album links picked out of there. Is there a workaround?

This is not only a step back, it's a giant leap back!

It looks like a mixture of Facebook and Twitter, with no real relation to KSP.

And seriously: Links, quotes etc do not work!? Are you serious guys? Do you expect now everyone to fix his posts up or what?

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

Just now, Kartoffelkuchen said:

And seriously: Links, quotes etc do not work!? Are you serious guys? Do you expect now everyone to fix his posts up or what?

Ah I'm sure it will be fine. Here, have a little patience as a small gift.

:kiss:

Ugh. This is a forum, not Twitbook. "Like", "Follow", "Status", and all that don't belong here IMHO.

Also, seems like the warning/infraction system is misbehaving a bit. I'm being asked to "acknowledge" warnings from months ago, and it's saying I've got points when they expired months ago on the old forum's system.

Yet another issue I find: Let's say at 12:30 I start writing a post. At 12:31 and 12:32 other posts are made in the thread. I get a notice saying "show 2 replies" or similar but ignore it for the moment, and then click to make my post. Once I see my post go through, I don't see the posts that were made before, I have to manually refresh the page for that. In my view this is really dodgy usability.

Likewise, when I edit and save my edit it doesn't load up any other posts that might have followed.

Edited by cantab

3 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Question: I'm trying to edit some of my topics to change the old imgur code links to the new ones, but the editor seems stuck in WYSIWYG mode instead of code, and I can't seem to get the album links picked out of there. Is there a workaround?

If you open the WYSIWIG editor you'll see a small imgur logo on the far right side of the toolbar. Click that to add imgur albums :)

3 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Taste cannot be argued, but as for the links, quotes etc.. they do work, the most recent posts seem to have escaped the automatic modification script. It's being investigated (see also first post)

3 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Will we be getting spoilers back?

Same as with Azimech: spoilers can be found in the WYSIWYG editor.

Spoiler

Like so.