Welcome to the new forums!

KasperVld

2 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but the same thing applies to the Activity-->Unread Threads.... That has always been the first thing I do everytime I come to the Forums; checking new posts... This new way is HORRIBLE... There has to be a way to make something clickable that takes you to either the specific post in the thread, or AT LEAST the LAST page in the thread... Pleeze look into this

To the left of the thread-title there is a blue circle or star. Click on that.

^^^

Thanx! :D
But you have to be kidding me?.... All the wasted space on the margins, new huge avatars, whatever the "Post" circle with text bubble in it is supposed to be, and all we get for a clickable to last page of the thread is a nondescript, tiny blue circle that blends into the thread title?... and is squeezed in between two larger clickable items? (avatar and thread title)...

Pleeze say there is a way to change that....

My tablet screen died on me, so I havent been able to check, but I have to imagine the location of that small dot between two larger clickable items must be fun to try to hit with a big stubby finger on a touch screen device...

Edited by Stone Blue

33 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but the same thing applies to the Activity-->Unread Threads.... That has always been the first thing I do everytime I come to the Forums; checking new posts... This new way is HORRIBLE... There has to be a way to make something clickable that takes you to either the specific post in the thread, or AT LEAST the LAST page in the thread... Pleeze look into this

Check this post:
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/126583-welcome-to-the-new-forums/&page=16#comment-2302675

22 minutes ago, razark said:

But that is not able to provide any kind of organization for all the followed content.

Also the new forum was announced as an improvement not as a step backwards. this means that there have to be more features not less.

^^
Sorry...I am not seeing how that post applies to what I complained about... lol... ???

My first time on the new forums, I went into my profile to see what all I could change, and I saw all that...
I just now tried editing/creating a s new stream, and nothing changed, so again, I dont see how that applies?

Edited by DuoDex

12 hours ago, Arcwolf said:

Anyone else watching this thread and slowly making changes with stylish based on the various comments made :)

@-moz-document domain("forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com"){

DIV{
        font-family: Verdana;
    }

.ipsComment_author{
        background-color: #C3C3C3;
    }

DIV.ipsComment_meta.ipsType_light{
        color: white;
        background-color: #7D9CB0;   
        position: relative;
        right: 15px;
        font-weight: bold;
    }

P.ipsType_reset{
        position: relative;
        right: -5px;
    }

A.ipsFaded.ipsFaded_more, .fa.fa-share-alt:hover{
    }

SPAN.ipsResponsive_hidePhone.ipsResponsive_inline:hover{
        color: yellow;
    }

UL.cAuthorPane_info.ipsList_reset, LI.ipsType_light{
        font-weight: bold;
    }

A.ipsRepBadge.ipsRepBadge_positive{
        color: blue !important;
    }
}

what I have so far is better already... heh

Your stylish script is awesome!  Can I share it on my thread to help with the changes to the forum?

4 minutes ago, Ser said:

Guys, I still cannot figure out how to create "universal" links to threads by id. For example, a link to this thread should be http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/126583

So it should be without the thread's name that can be edited over time.

Is it possible?

The thread's name can be edited, and the link with the old title in it will still work, so no need to worry about that :)

7 minutes ago, KasperVld said:

The thread's name can be edited, and the link with the old title in it will still work, so no need to worry about that :)

Thanks. But that's not very convenient in particular cases because modders often add the latest version information to the topic's name. So if I post such a link somewhere it will look like it leads to an oldish version over time and may confuse somebody. It would be great if I could remove everything but id and the link still worked just like the old links did.

Edited by Ser

8 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Your stylish script is awesome!  Can I share it on my thread to help with the changes to the forum?

Sure, I'm making changes to it as we speak. Trying to move elements around and stuff. Whats your thread so if I make changes or if someone else makes changes I can update my copy.

3 minutes ago, Arcwolf said:

Sure, I'm making changes to it as we speak. Trying to move elements around and stuff. Whats your thread so if I make changes or if someone else makes changes I can update my copy.

Right here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/126609-new-forums-how-to-deal-with-the-changes-a-guide/

15 hours ago, Camacan said:

Thanks for all the hard work on the migration. I expect there are lots of behind-the-scenes improvements, such as security, that we are now enjoying. From a user (avid lurker, mostly) point of view the new system does seem to be a big step back in terms of visuals. Rather than just whine I thought I'd  present the things that worked so well in the old system:

91tywnF.png

It would be great if these features could be reintroduced.

This needs to be mentioned again. The new forum is a big step backwards in terms of readability. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to bring back some of these elements in the new software.

21 minutes ago, Ser said:

Thanks. But that's not very convenient in particular cases because modders often add the latest version information to the topic's name. So if I post such a link somewhere it will look like it leads to an oldish version over time and may confuse somebody. It would be great if I could remove everything but id and the link still worked just like the old links did.

You can put whatever text you like instead of the current title and the link will still work. It can't be no text, but it can be something generic.

Trollish example: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/126583-Squad-Reveals-KSP-Development-Roadmap-for-next-two-years

Ahem.

I'd like to NOT receive 256324982802 emails every time anyone posts anything ever. I've gone through my notification preferences and disabled the newsletter, but for topics I follow there is no option available for "don't email me ever." I could unfollow things, but then I wouldn't get any notification at all. Can't there be a way I can have notifications for things without getting emailed about them as in the old forum?

P.S.: I'm aware of, and have successfully employed, the option to not get emails when I manually follow individual threads via the dropdown "Follow" button thing. But I'd like to be able to use the "Automatically follow new content I post" feature without it deciding I want emails by default. That or change the default follow setting to "Don't send me any notifications".

Because like everyone else, I hate spam!

Edited by parameciumkid

3 minutes ago, parameciumkid said:

Ahem.

I'd like to NOT receive 256324982802 emails every time anyone posts anything ever. I've gone through my notification preferences and disabled the newsletter, but for topics I follow there is no option available for "don't email me ever." I could unfollow things, but then I wouldn't get any notification at all. Can't there be a way I can have notifications for things without getting emailed about them as in the old forum?

P.S.: I'm aware of, and have successfully employed, the option to not get emails when I manually follow individual threads via the dropdown "Follow" button thing. But I'd like to be able to use the "Automatically follow new content I post" feature without it deciding I want emails by default. That or change the default follow setting to "Don't send me any notifications".

Uncheck everything on the right of the Notifications Settings page and hit "Save" at the bottom:

NotPrefs.png

o_o

I have literally never seen that page before. I went to what I thought was the Notification Settings, but it didn't look like that at all. Hmmm... I'll see if I can find that and update this post if I do.

Update: Okay I found it. I had to SCROLL DOWN. Derp! xP

Edited by parameciumkid
durrrrrp

54 minutes ago, Ser said:

I don't really see the problem, you can simple link as such:

Original: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/116401-105-s3-smallsolarsystem/
Your Link: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/116401-smallsolarsystem/
Alternatively: Small Solar System release thread.

6 minutes ago, parameciumkid said:

Ahem.

Look just below the notification settings you just mentioned: there's a whole list of different types of notification for which you can enable/disable both notifications on the forums and emails. Tune it to your best liking :)

That stylish addon is a waste of time, IMHO.

You people who have not yet given up complaining, like I have, about these forums have an option no one has mentioned yet...

That is; start your own forums!!! This is the official KSP forums, that implies its OK to have an unofficial forums... right?

It may work, but I doubt it. The only chance you have is that the majority agree the old forums were better and join you.

I may not agree with your complaining, but I defend your right to do so! (its more than I was given)

It's probably already been mentioned, but I cannot move my cursor left or right in the editor. It goes up and down just fine, but not side to side. It also seems to break selecting text with the keyboard. For instance, selecting the last word or beginning/end of the line. 

12 minutes ago, zspoelstra said:

It's probably already been mentioned, but I cannot move my cursor left or right in the editor. It goes up and down just fine, but not side to side. It also seems to break selecting text with the keyboard. For instance, selecting the last word or beginning/end of the line. 

Just tried those functions, working fine for me. What platform/browser are you using?