Welcome to the new forums!

KasperVld

4 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Just tried those functions, working fine for me. What platform/browser are you using?

Chrome 46.0.2490.86 (64-bit) on OSX 10.11.1

Of course as soon as I mentioned that it's working again. Might have just been bugged out for some reason or another. I'll try to reproduce it.

Edited by zspoelstra

19 minutes ago, zspoelstra said:

It's probably already been mentioned, but I cannot move my cursor left or right in the editor. It goes up and down just fine, but not side to side. It also seems to break selecting text with the keyboard. For instance, selecting the last word or beginning/end of the line. 

Can you give more details? I don't have any problems - not on PC nor mobile.

OH WOW..... a post made in here by no one.... ran the mouse over the hidden name... (in white) so I could see it.

maybe that should be against the rules.

actually its ALL names, for some reason, on the main page for this (maybe others) not showing the name of the post poster..

6 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

look at the main page.... the posters names are white,same as the background

Type in a title... words are white, same as background....

and STOP moving my posts? :(

I see no white names. Can you be specific about where you see them? Next to recent threads, or in the Who's Online thing, or somewhere else?

If you make threads in General Discussion about the forum they get moved to Kerbal Network, where discussion about the forum belongs.

Minor gripe that should be as simple as a check-box:
Daily Kerbal is currently organised by latest-post-first, which is misleading; one could, hypothetically, necropost and cause an ancient (or only a week old) DK to be first on the list, which would make it appear that it was new. Or, perhaps a more real issue, one could post on an old DK and hide a new one. People might miss it altogether, thinking that it's late, cancelled, or otherwise not-there.

Again, should be a simple "Order by last-created" instead of "Order by last-replied." Can probably fix it myself, but for those who don't realise it's a problem...

I had to reset my password before the new forums would let me in. I know for certain that I did not get the password wrong as I use a password manager. Good thing I didn't use a throwaway email address like usual.

3 hours ago, KasperVld said:

I don't really see the problem, you can simple link as such:

Original: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/116401-105-s3-smallsolarsystem/
Your Link: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/116401-smallsolarsystem/
Alternatively: Small Solar System release thread.

Look just below the notification settings you just mentioned: there's a whole list of different types of notification for which you can enable/disable both notifications on the forums and emails. Tune it to your best liking :)

The ability to put nothing but the number, as was the case on the old forum, does allow a shorter link. That has its uses.

To be honest it seems a bit odd that the new forum software is happy with the dash and then anything, but not happy with nothing.

5 minutes ago, cantab said:

The ability to put nothing but the number, as was the case on the old forum, does allow a shorter link. That has its uses.

To be honest it seems a bit odd that the new forum software is happy with the dash and then anything, but not happy with nothing.

You are correct - another one of those things we might be able to tweak, but definitely not a critical issue.

9 minutes ago, cantab said:

I agree that it is a bit strange that it doesn't work with just the number but the reason for it working with anything after the dash (if it isn't obvious) is to avoid breaking links to threads if the title is subsequently changed.

8 minutes ago, LitaAlto said:

I'm going to make a Very Controversial Comment now.

...This new forum software is actually growing on me.

In fact, I'm now inclined to agree: The change to IPS was in fact an upgrade.

(Don't hit me.)

In some ways, I agree.  There are some very nice features in it, and a lot of the major problems are being fixed.

I seriously wonder what the selection process was like for this software. Were darts thrown at various names? You have thousands of forum users and it didn't occur to anyone to ask what the users want from the software they use.

Also I would love to see what this migration did to forum traffic lately and over the next several weeks.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

10 minutes ago, LitaAlto said:

In fact, I'm now inclined to agree: The change to IPS was in fact an upgrade.

I think it's unfortunate - although I can see why it happened after the move taking so long - that the new forum was released in a half-baked state. It looked a lot worse on day 1 when all existing URLs were broken etc. I dunno about upgrade, but it's not the end of the world.

7 minutes ago, Cpt. Kipard said:

I seriously wonder what the selection process was like for this software. Were darts thrown at various names? You have thousands of forum users and it didn't occur to anyone to ask what the users want from the software they use.

You might consider that the choice of software includes factors that do not directly affect the end user experience, and there is no software choice that would please all users. Any different forum software will draw complaints because it is by nature different, and people as a general rule don't like change.

You might also consider how to phrase things in a constructive manner, "darts thrown at various names" is just insulting and dismissive.

Unpopular Opinion Kerbal here.

I like the new forums!

Please don't hurt me

I honestly like how font size is in pt, not 1-7 sizes. That makes sense. The interface on mobile is greatly, greatly improved and I also enjoy the main forum. I have some minor caveats:

• The software does not allow unicodes. I tried posting my rocket unicode (previously seen in my sig, you guys might remember it); but it does not work
  • Rep points are one at a time
  • No dark theme.

I need my dark theme

Thanks anyway, I'd call it an improvement.