[confused] what programs do i need

Pixelnaut97

I wouldn\'t be able to, sorry.

But the wiki guide should have a tutorial on how to export/map/etc.

If you need a guide on how to model, there are a few tutorials floating out on the internet. Just find one suited to the program you are using.

The COMPLETE KSP Blender Tutorial! is a good place to start, you can make basic mods this way, but if you want to use the new normal maps and other features such as multiple colliders, you\'ll need the free version of Unity3D as well.

As well as those, you will need to create textures, you can hunt on google, or get out there with a digital camera and start taking snaps of things, then you can edit them in a program such as the GIMP.

If you want to make plugins you will need to learn some C#, you can use Mono for this, it\'s cross platform and free, as are the GIMP and Blender.

There are may tutorials online for all these programs, and if you search the forums here you are likely to find someone has already solved most problems you are likely to encounter.

Good luck :)

I\'ll see if I can find you one, hang on.

Edit:

Here is the Unity page on collider meshes.

Here\'s a page with info and links to all of Unity\'s collider methods.

Basics of colliders in Unity3D.

More info on making colliders.

I cant use Unity on Linux so can\'t test any of this stuff, but it all looks good, hope this helps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.