Mad Rocket Scientist

2 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I see the button which says "See their activity," but I don't see this other thing, are you on mobile?

On both, actually. Clicking the time of posting on a thread, when on the home screen or whatever it's called, goes to the last post.

Go to Kerbal Network, and look at this thread. You'll see the icon of the latest poster on the far right. Under that is the time of posting. Clicking on the time takes you to the latest post. Works on mobile and desktop (as far as I've tested).

1 hour ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Yes:
Click on "search," then the drop-down to the left of search, click the "Advanced search" the "+search by tags."

Thank You, you solved my problem.  rather obtuse way to search for a tag though.  Since tags are for making things easier to find why is searching by tag hard to find?

33 minutes ago, mcirish3 said:

Thank You, you solved my problem.  rather obtuse way to search for a tag though.  Since tags are for making things easier to find why is searching by tag hard to find?

No idea.  It should be easier, though.  I also wish meta tags weren't removed.

59 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

On both, actually. Clicking the time of posting on a thread, when on the home screen or whatever it's called, goes to the last post.

Go to Kerbal Network, and look at this thread. You'll see the icon of the latest poster on the far right. Under that is the time of posting. Clicking on the time takes you to the latest post. Works on mobile and desktop (as far as I've tested).

I see what you mean.

12 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Noticed something here... the number of views doesn't seem to change for me. The little number under the thread title on the main subforum page. Is this normal?

On the old forums it would take a while to update, if it doesn't change in a day, it shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist
Epic grammar fail

48 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

I haven't noticed it change since the new forums came online. With the old one, it always updated right away. Just wondering if it's only me....

48 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Known issue, being investigated.

And here I just though my threads were on dull topics.

Does anyone know how to add purple tags to the beginning of a thread title. I can see one in mod releases along with grey ones below the title.

Also

How do I delete a double post?

Also

How do I disable avatars? I used to block obnoxious animated ones unfortunately ABP doesn't work for me globally any more after the forum change.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

not 100% sure but pressing "return" right after some specific entry (entries list ?) appear to more or less activate some "preview/embed/else functionalities" instead of "textual link", you can backspace/after but pressing return once appear to be needed to activate the switch from text to preview/embed/else mode (video for example)

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

9 hours ago, Cpt. Kipard said:

Does anyone know how to add purple tags to the beginning of a thread title. I can see one in mod releases along with grey ones below the title.

Also

How do I delete a double post?

Also

How do I disable avatars? I used to block obnoxious animated ones unfortunately ABP doesn't work for me globally any more after the forum change.

I think some tags will show automatically in purple?   Or you have a mod/admin to get those? 

I don't know how to delete a post, but if the replies have been merged you can just edit out the repeated bit.

Again, I'm sorry to say, I don't know.

Does anyone know how to add a poll to a already started thread?

Here's a demonstration of how they don't merge.

Also another question:

How do I view my post update history?

edit

Another question. How do I embed Sketchfab windows? My mod page is looking a little bare at the moment.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

I just realized: now there's nothing stopping secret rep rings from forming. After all, there's no limit on how many likes you can give to each user, so they can just like all of each other's posts until their reps have accumulated to immense proportions.

Or is there?

Also, I like how there's a "currently trending" thread on the forum index. It's like the "I'm Feeling Lucky" of the forums :P

Edited by longbyte1

12 minutes ago, Cpt. Kipard said:

Also another question:

edit

Another question. How do I embed Sketchfab windows? My mod page is looking a little bare at the moment.

Not possible to view edit history.

And sketchfab windows seem to not be possible anymore, sorry.

Just now, longbyte1 said:

I just realized: now there's nothing stopping secret rep rings from forming. After all, there's no limit on how many likes you can give on each user, so they can just like all of each other's posts until their reps have accumulated to immense proportions.

Or is there?

25 replikes per day.

46 minutes ago, Cpt. Kipard said:

Also another question:

edit

Post merges/user deletion are being worked on by Kasper, last I heard.

You cannot view your post update history, same as the old forums.

SketchFab windows are also being worked on but I think that they will be quick as there is already a CKEditor plugin for them.

Hmmm... i also miss the post # that was in the top right corner of each post... It was very handy for finding, and sharing important posts in mod Release threads...Especially those that were several hundred pages long...

Unless i am missing them somewhere, is there any way to add those back?

4 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Hmmm... i also miss the post # that was in the top right corner of each post... It was very handy for finding, and sharing important posts in mod Release threads...Especially those that were several hundred pages long...

Unless i am missing them somewhere, is there any way to add those back?

No need to add them back.  just click here: JnTucOm.png

And use this:  93a06N9.png

Edited by mcirish3