Mad Rocket Scientist

9 hours ago, Endersmens said:

It should be pointed out that nearly every single BBcode we had before works as intended. And when it doesn't work, ctrl+RMB will have the option somewhere. Like linked images. You use the %7Boption%7D tags, then once the image shows up, in the editor you ctrl+RMB over it and hit edit image, and then you can add a link to it. Other than that and tables, almost every BBcode still works.

Yep seems to.  BUT if I am not mistaken you need to edit old posts to get them to update... so there is that. 

On 12/10/2015, 5:46:20, Endersmens said:

It should be pointed out that nearly every single BBcode we had before works as intended. And when it doesn't work, ctrl+RMB will have the option somewhere. Like linked images. You use the %7Boption%7D tags, then once the image shows up, in the editor you ctrl+RMB over it and hit edit image, and then you can add a link to it. Other than that and tables, almost every BBcode still works.

I already have mentioned that.

7 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

Is there a way to link to a youtube video without automatically embedding it?

For example, if I want to post several links to tutorial videos without having all of them pop up in the thread at once.

Use the insert url function and paste it in. Like so:

https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

Pressing enter does not make it auto parse into an embed then.

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Interesting feature I didn't notice before: Clicking an embedded picture embiggens it. :) 

Edit: Oh my, it lets you click through the pics in a single post like a gallery. Great for those pic-heavy mission report posts.

Uh, wow!  That is a very cool feature.  Seems to work very well.  In some ways, I think it's much better than the imgur embeds.
I wonder if it works for images behind spoiler tags.

Thanks for finding that and posting, Red Iron Crown.

Happy landings!

eta: Nope - doesn't seem to work if the images are behind spoiler tags.  Not surprising, really.

Edited by Starhawk

4 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Interesting feature I didn't notice before: Clicking an embedded picture embiggens it. :) 

Edit: Oh my, it lets you click through the pics in a single post like a gallery. Great for those pic-heavy mission report posts.

That's neat!  Thanks!

11 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Embedded picture with link? Ya know, something like in my sig?

Like I said in the other thread about it:

There are two methods of which I'm aware for making an image into a clickable link:

1. Insert picture first, alt-RMB it, edit picture, and there's a field to insert an URL.

2. Insert the link first, highlight it, then "Insert other media" and add the image as you would normally.

5 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Like I said in the other thread about it:

There are two methods of which I'm aware for making an image into a clickable link:

1. Insert picture first, alt-RMB it, edit picture, and there's a field to insert an URL.

2. Insert the link first, highlight it, then "Insert other media" and add the image as you would normally.

And here we have Red Iron Crown, the Life-Saverator!

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't find it in the topic but maybe misssed it:

I'm trying to let the editor cut off editing a link. You know, the blue line while typing. If I do a normal enter I can paste a new link but with the extra line in between. If I do shift+enter, the editor combines the links.

Edited by Azimech
Fuggetaboutit, I've decided to work around it.

8 hours ago, Azimech said:

Couldn't find it in the topic but maybe misssed it:

I'm trying to let the editor cut off editing a link. You know, the blue line while typing. If I do a normal enter I can paste a new link but with the extra line in between. If I do shift+enter, the editor combines the links.

Sorry, I don't what can be done about that.  Maybe it's a browser thing and you could try another one? 

On ‎14‎.‎12‎.‎2015 at 7:15 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

Paste the URL, then press enter and it will parse the link into an embed. Like so:

Is this working only for youtube videos?

Edited by sebi.zzr