Mad Rocket Scientist

3 hours ago, Entropian said:

Is there any way to embed a Dropbox .png into a post?  I've tried deleting the %xxxx tag at the end and the %xx tags in the URL, but they don't work.

Unfortunately, the way Dropbox renames files, it is impossible to use it for a repository for your image files.

You'll have to use a website such as Photobucket or Imgur, or possibly host them on your own website.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 12:59 PM, adsii1970 said:

You'll have to use a website such as Photobucket or Imgur, or possibly host them on your own website.

Actually, there is a simpler way, just paste your images in any text chat at Discord, right click it, and copy Image link.

It should paste into the forum just right, example:

screenshot159.png?width=756&height=425

1 hour ago, Commodoregamer118 said:

text chat at Discord, right click it, and copy Image link.

It should paste into the forum just right, example:

That has nothing to do with discord, but with your browser.   You can right click any image on the internet and click the "copy image address" option.  Note, you do not want to copy the image link in most browers, as this will copy the link to whatever the image is linked to, and not the image itself. 

• 7 months later...

Not sure if this has been answered elsewhere here: how does one upload an Imgur-hosted video or GIF as a live player? Insert Image From URL won't do it, and neither will typing the link in the post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

SO I tried digging a little bit on this, but couldnt find anything:

Did something change recently with Activity Streams?
I had a custom stream setup nicely, with about half of the forum sections omitted...

Recently, my stream is now literally *FLOODED* with poo from, especially, "The Lounge"....
ABSOLUTELY has ruined my want to even participate in the forums at all, when I have to sift thru all the garbage that single forum adds to my stream, much less all the other forums I had excluded, that I never peruse...

I've tried poking every setting/page related to Custom Streams, but I no longer see any kind of *forum section* filtering... :screaming:

31 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Did something change recently with Activity Streams?

Do not despair just yet.... IIRC, there is a work around for whatever change was made (I'm 90% sure there is, but not 100%).   I do not know it, but I believe it was mentioned either in this thread or the ask the mods thread.  Try your luck with a search (might have better luck playing keno though), but I'm pretty sure somebody with the answer will come along. 

3 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Actually @Stone Blue, apparently I do know how.   Top of this page or so:

Ahhhh... Thank You!...
hmmm... I would think having "Forums" shown seperately than under "Topics" would have been a better choice for clarity/visibility...? vOv
but what do *I* know?... I'm just an old fart, who learned the inner-webs in the late '90s... :rofl:

So, IMHO: "An elegant innerwebs, for a moar logical Age...." LOL

Edited by Stone Blue

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I can't seem to figure out how to upload from imgur. I get the link, click insert from URL and when I click insert it just turns red. Same when I tried IBB.

Try copying and pasting the direct link into a post, it should embed without having to use any insert functions.

Just now, Rutabaga22 said:

I tried in this post but it's just a link.

The forum software lost the ability to post imgur album links a while back. If you click on an image in the album and then right click and copy the image address you should end up with the direct link. You can then paste that into a post and it should embed.

qKxjrSO.png