Let's not do this again.

UmbralRaptor

Or not without setting things up so the IRC channel can better deal with an influx of people with no understanding of the standard etiquette. Maybe a name generator and an explanation that if you can't think of a nick, something scatological is a bad idea. Or on the page something about how forum rules still apply. (So things like joining multiple times/arguing with yourself is a bad idea. Ditto multiple lines of copypasta. And spam in general.) Or at least a bunch of extra ops.

20 hours ago, UmbralRaptor said:

Or not without setting things up so the IRC channel can better deal with an influx of people with no understanding of the standard etiquette. Maybe a name generator and an explanation that if you can't think of a nick, something scatological is a bad idea. Or on the page something about how forum rules still apply. (So things like joining multiple times/arguing with yourself is a bad idea. Ditto multiple lines of copypasta. And spam in general.) Or at least a bunch of extra ops.

Whoops, sorry.

I didn't think it would be worse than the April incident.

Next time I think we'll have the channel and network displayed, but not a link to webchat.

My multi-line copypasta was a mistake... I wasn't thinking... I should have sent it in a private message. I was only trying to help someone, and got kicked for it. :angry:

As for standard etiquette, no matter what you post in a banner or logon screen, it requires people to read it - and so it seems, most don't... or just don't care.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.